PDA

View Full Version : Golf recommendations????

millie
28-03-2005, 04:49
My husband and my Mum would like to play 9 holes of (probably very dodgy) golf when we are over in June. We are staying at Sunset Lakes and I wondered if anyone knows of a course they could play which is reasonably priced and would hire clubs to them??
Lx

trevlad
28-03-2005, 05:04
millie,
by default we are looking at staying on the 27 at highlands reserve now in june in a golf view villa . i dont know any prices for rounds or hire yet. if you get any direct replies or web links/info will you dm them to me. i will do the same. thanks

Snapper
28-03-2005, 05:51
The course at Highlands Reserve hires clubs. They also have a bevereage cart for mid round drinks. It's the future of golf if you ask me; more drinks, less golf. Full details are at: http://www.highlandsreserve-golf.com

I think Disney have a 9 hold pitch-and-putt course but it doesn't have carts (beverage or otherwise).

trevlad
28-03-2005, 06:09
nice one again steve, cheers

fiona
28-03-2005, 06:10
You can hire clubs from any of the courses. Mystic Palms is a good course. If you only want to play 9 holes there is a 9 hole course almost opposite Sunset Lakes called Orange Lakes, condition is not brilliant though! You can either play early in the morning when it is cool or in the evening when it is floodlit.

emm
28-03-2005, 15:54
There is a very good website with lots of information on it - they will even book your golf for you. DM me if you would like it.

philsueh
17-07-2005, 13:39
We have just got back and played Diamond Back in Haines City and Drubsdread in Orlando Both really good courses.
We booked online the evening before and got great discounted rates.
We used http://www.coursecommunity.com/

Ray&Sarah
18-07-2005, 00:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by philsueh
We have just got back and played Diamond Back in Haines City and Drubsdread in Orlando Both really good courses.
We booked online the evening before and got great discounted rates.
We used http://www.coursecommunity.com/
[/quote]

Will have to check this out as my hubby and eldest son would like to go for a round of golf on our next visit. They quite often go to one of local golf courses early on a Sunday morning.[msnsmile2]

chris c
18-07-2005, 02:09
Although we are at Southern Dunes, my husband always makes a point of playing Diamondback when we are out in Florida.
He says it is a lovely course and extremely reasonable.
He normally telephones on the day he wants to play and has no trouble getting a tee time.
Don't forget that June to September are low season for golf (too hot for many) and if you play in the afternoon (twilight rate) it is even cheaper!!

athurstance
18-07-2005, 02:24
There is a 9 hole course at Polo Park East which runs through Esprit. You can play 9 holes, with cart for $15. You can hire clubs - I think my husband and son paid a further $10 for club hire - it wasn't much.

You can usually walk up and play but they do take tee reservations in advance.

I'm a hopeless golfer but my other half says it is a pleasant course which is not overly demanding. He reckons you need a cart in the Florida sun.

Something I didn't realise when they first started playing is that you don't need a handicap in the US to play golf. So you can play on any of the courses - even the Disney courses used for the professional tour matches. They also allow children as long as they are supervised and there is no restriction on them playing - they even get a discounted rate if they play off-peak.

Tessa Childs
24-02-2007, 08:16
I would certainly recommend Polo Park for 9 holes, Highlands Reserve for 18 and Legends, about 9 miles north of the 192 on US27 as a quieter and much nicer 18 hole course. For floodlit golf try Legends Walk at Orange Lakes, but you won't be able to use a buggy, It's very much like Vimy Ridge, the first world war site were there tunnelled underneath the trenches and then bombed them

chrisflowers
24-02-2007, 14:52
Championsgate - for a twighlight round costs $35 on their fabulous courses