PDA

View Full Version : Speeding ticket

Howard
27-03-2005, 19:39
I thought I would post this as general info for anyone else that find themselves with a ticket.

Returning from a recent trip to Florida, I was stopped for speeding on the road just before the turn into Sanford Airport. My main concern on the way home was how on earth would I pay the fine once I am back in the UK as the Police Officer wasn’t sure what the procedure was, although he did give me a phone number to ring.

Thankfully, there is an excellent system in place where you can pay online using Visa/Mastercard. You log onto the site, enter your citation number and then proceed to a secure checkout area where you enter your details and you are issued with an on-line receipt. I will make sure I take this with me next time I go to Florida as I don’t want any problems with Immigration.

I have learned my lesson the hard and expensive ($120) way and I will be extra careful next time that I watch out for the speed limits.

Robert5988
27-03-2005, 19:53
May I ask what speed you were doing for $120? - its 65mph there isn't it?

Cruella DeVilla
27-03-2005, 19:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Howard
I thought I would post this as general info for anyone else that find themselves with a ticket.

Returning from a recent trip to Florida, I was stopped for speeding on the road just before the turn into Sanford Airport. My main concern on the way home was how on earth would I pay the fine once I am back in the UK as the Police Officer wasn’t sure what the procedure was, although he did give me a phone number to ring.

Thankfully, there is an excellent system in place where you can pay online using Visa/Mastercard. You log onto the site, enter your citation number and then proceed to a secure checkout area where you enter your details and you are issued with an on-line receipt. I will make sure I take this with me next time I go to Florida as I don’t want any problems with Immigration.

I have learned my lesson the hard and expensive ($120) way and I will be extra careful next time that I watch out for the speed limits.

[/quote]

A couple of years ago, Mr CDV jumped a red light, I saw it, he never,:( we had just arrived in LA and were knackered and hassled driving around Hollywood looking for somewhere nice to stay.....didn't happen!

That was a summons from the court in LA, we just sent a cheque back and he put it down to experience also!

I try very hard not to speed and am always "nagging" Mr CDV not to, although I have to say he doesn't when I am in the car.:D

chrizzy100
27-03-2005, 20:53
How my husband has lived here for 5 years and not had a speeding ticket I'll never know......the speed limit is so slow in a lot of the areas we live.....25 miles an hour...its easy to do 30/40 without knowing it......I even find it hard to do 25 in a non built up area.....

Howard
27-03-2005, 23:26
I'd just turned off the Greeneway (417) and was on the road that takes you to Sanford Airport (is it Lake Mary Road?). The speed limit on this road is 40, I was caught doing 58. Although this is no defence and there is no excuse for speeding, I had not realised it was a 40 zone. If I had been going 2mph faster, it is likely that I would have been arrested as the law states 20mph above the speed limit is an arrestable offence.