PDA

View Full Version : is it safe

cinnamon
19-02-2003, 18:52
I have sent the balance of my villa and I have not heard anything from the owner of the villa. When I sent the deposit and first payment he emailed me back instantly. It has been five days now and I have not heard anything from him. Who can I contact to see if this person is on the up and up.

Lakul
19-02-2003, 19:02
Hi Cinnamon

The first thing I would do, is contact the person you are renting from and ask if the final balance has been received. I am sure they would be more than happy to reassure you. I know I would do this if you were my guest.

5 days isn't long if you sending your balance to the UK by post. The owner will then need to send it back to their US bank if payment is in $. If it is in £'s the check will still need time to clear. This all takes time.

Have you booked a villa from OV?? If you have you can be assured that we are all reputable owners:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-02-2003, 19:58
Hi Cinnamon

If you have booked your villa via an owner on OV then email me (john@orlandovillas.com - I am part owner of OV) the villa reference number or owner name and I will follow it up directly with the owner.

It may be that the owner is away from home for a few days and just has simply not caught up with paperwork. This is usually the case when we have been contacted by other guests with a similar problem in the past.

Kind regards

cinnamon
19-02-2003, 21:49
Thanks but things are ok,please excuse me if I sounded scared but this is my first time staying at a villa and with me sending such a large amount of money I needed some reassurance. Again thanks a million!:)

steph_goodrum
19-02-2003, 23:33
Believe me Cinnamon, as an owner, it works both ways, as we are trusting strangers with our homes costing several hundreds of thousands of dollars, for which many of us have invested a large deposit and committed to a 30 year mortgage, we get nervous sometimes that people will disrespect our homes. It does happen occasionally and is heartbreaking for the owners but luckily most of us find that being in contact with our guests personally we can reassure each other. It has been said before, trust is a 2 way street.
I'm glad you've been reassured and hope you all have a wonderful time.