PDA

View Full Version : Please help..Desperatley need advice

stuart_l
18-02-2003, 01:41
I need help and advice regarding accommodation in the orlando area that is suitable for the disabled.
My father has recenly had to have both legs amputated above the knee, which effectivley confines him to his wheel chair, he desperatley wants to take his grandkids to florida and so I need your help to point me in the right direction for finding suitable accommodation as I really am in the dark about where to start

Thanks

Stu

Ps. He would like to go around may 26th to june 10 if poss

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-02-2003, 01:54
I believe Martin (florida4sun on here) has access to a villa that is fully adapted for people with disabilities.

blott
18-02-2003, 02:06
Stu

Just in case the home Martin has access to is booked...

My father had exactly the same problem and we had a wonderful holiday in Florida in a villa that wasn't disabled adapted as he had strong arms. He managed in the non-adapted bathroom himself, getting in and out of bed, etc and the only thing he couldn't manage was getting into the pool. We rented a 7 seater which he was able to get in and out of with a little help and which had plenty of room for his wheelchair. That was my Dad but only your Dad would know if he would be able to manage that.

We did just about everything there was to do in the theme parks (there were some rides he couldn't go on) and all the staff were extremely helpful. You'll find at least one disabled loo in almost every restaurant, supermarket, etc so don't be afraid to go out and about.

I'm sure you'll all have a great time and some very precious memories!

florida4sun
18-02-2003, 16:48
Hello,
yes we have an adpated home. It is ramped into the house and pool area, has a roll in shower, there is also a possibility of a pool hoist. Its is new with 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms. Pool area has a large deck for a wheel chair to move freely. The subdivision has pavements too (many do not over here). If you need adapated transport then www.rainbowwheels.com can help.

quote:Originally posted by stuart_l

I need help and advice regarding accommodation in the orlando area that is suitable for the disabled.
My father has recenly had to have both legs amputated above the knee, which effectivley confines him to his wheel chair, he desperatley wants to take his grandkids to florida and so I need your help to point me in the right direction for finding suitable accommodation as I really am in the dark about where to start

Thanks

Stu

Ps. He would like to go around may 26th to june 10 if poss

orlandobabe
24-02-2003, 21:26
Martin-there is a lady at the moment asking for a home in July with roll in shower etc for her husband who has an electric wheelchair.

Is yours available for then-or have you already responded to her?

orlandobabe
24-02-2003, 21:36
deleted