PDA

View Full Version : get your tackle out!

trevlad
23-03-2005, 14:27
no[msnoo]

a friend at work (they always say that[msnwink]) is mad keen on fishing and i have instructions to bring 'stuff' back. whats the best and cheapest stores around for buying fishing gear

LiesaAnna
23-03-2005, 15:08
look in walmart!!! hubby often looks around there for fishing stuff! amongst most other "boys" things!! but he did buy some sort of reel there was very impressed with it! altho he hasnt used it yet!

bound to be other places

knew how to draw attention to this one eh?[msnwink]

trevlad
23-03-2005, 15:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
look in walmart!!! hubby often looks around there for fishing stuff! amongst most other "boys" things!! but he did buy some sort of reel there was very impressed with it! altho he hasnt used it yet!

bound to be other places

knew how to draw attention to this one eh?[msnwink]
[/quote]

yes, a good one [:I][clap]

Sally D
23-03-2005, 16:29
My husband also buys fishing things in Walmart

stabard
23-03-2005, 16:47
if not WAlmart you can try the Outdoor store at the top of International Drive. My lot love it just to browse and the kids like the duck shoot at the back of the store.

Newhomebuyer
23-03-2005, 17:33
Outdoor World next to Festival Bay on I Drive has lots of fishing tackle.

chrizzy100
23-03-2005, 17:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
Outdoor World next to Festival Bay on I Drive has lots of fishing tackle.
[/quote]

My dads found a lot of stuff in there for fishing he could not find anywhere else....my husband found his new gun.......and I found my boat......[msnsmile2]

We spend ages in there most holidays......I think moving to FL will turn us all into red necks........long live Jeff Foxworthy......and the cable guy.....[msncool]

"If you own a home with wheels on it and several cars without, you just might be a redneck"

Andy and Wendy
23-03-2005, 23:34
Although not into the fishin' & stuff, I do find Outdoor World (at Festival Bay - top of I Drive next to Belz) absolutely fascinating as an insight into many things -

more fishin' rods than you can shake a stick at

more guns than you could ever wish to see (???!!!)

and as for being able to browse/open/touch the boxes of bullets that are stacked on the shelves the way us Brits would see tins of baked beans in the supermarket.........well it's like a whole different planet!

Festival Bay itself is a bit of a disappointment otherwise - reckon only about 40 - 50% of the shops have any tenants. It's probably been like this for a couple of years (since it was built?). Does Orlando have TOO MANY shops............

However another shop worth a look is Steve & Barry's University Sportswear Shop - lots of reasonably priced & colourful T's/sweats etc with US team names on.

Andy

steph_goodrum
24-03-2005, 02:41
"more guns than you could ever wish to see (???!!!)"

Well that would be easy in my case, if it's any number &gt; zero that's too many for me.

chrizzy100
24-03-2005, 03:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
"more guns than you could ever wish to see (???!!!)"

Well that would be easy in my case, if it's any number &gt; zero that's too many for me. Especially after yet another senseless killing by a school child in Minnesota. When are the people going to stand up and say "enough is enough" and tighten gun control and forget about the rubbish of the "right to bear arms" that might have been necessary in the days when they were the only protection from the invaders but that was before legal justice systems were introduced to try and keep law and order. Mind you, having said that, it is ironic that the boys grandfather was a policeman and it was his weapon he used after killing him.

The ease with which guns are available and the violence prtrayed on screens desensitises the whole issue in many childrens minds and with graphics being so good on computer games, personally I think it has blurred the lines between fact and fantasy and many of them now find it difficult to differentiate.

Never a problem for us oldies , when TV was introduced we could see the strings quite clearly on the Woodentops and knew they weren't real
:D:D
[/quote]

I have to be honest and say that apart from on a cop I've just to see a gun in the USA....but I saw many in the UK.....and not at gun clubs etc...

trevlad
24-03-2005, 03:38
where was that chrizzy - manchester?

chrizzy100
24-03-2005, 05:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
where was that chrizzy - manchester?
[/quote]

No Bristol and London......I had an interesting family...so maybe I had more chance to see guns then other people.......

trevlad
24-03-2005, 06:00
ooh. it sounds it - what do they say? 'you can choose your friends but not your family'

chrizzy100
24-03-2005, 18:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
ooh. it sounds it - what do they say? 'you can choose your friends but not your family'
[/quote]

Really if you where on the good side of them....you could ask for no better friends........but if not...well....it would be better to leave town...the country.....the world for that matter......[msneek]

janice
26-03-2005, 05:19
Yep, Bass Pro Shop at Festival Bay, top of I drive.