PDA

View Full Version : Silver Springs

steph_goodrum
15-02-2002, 02:49
Silver Springs is another park we've been told is worth visiting. You can ride in glass bottomed boats through the Springs and there is a wacky water park to cool off. www.silversprings.com has the info and directions.

steph

athurstance
18-02-2002, 00:03
I've not been but I know lots of people who says its really worth a visit. I intended to go over Xmas but we never got round to it. Kind of like a peak at the 'real' florida.

orlandobabe
18-02-2002, 01:10
No we've not been yet but its on our hit list. It's about 70 miles north of Orlando out Ocala way. I think you can get to it via the 27. It's normally about $32 but they are doing a residents special until end of April for $20-you just need to show a utility bill.

Orlandobabe

blott
25-02-2002, 16:29
We've been and, as well as the glass bottom boat ride, there's also a boat ride with animal islands on either side where you can see them in a (relatively) natural habitat. There's also a safari ride, shops, cafe, etc.

Blott

Carla
03-03-2002, 13:30
We've been here twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. It was in August, on both occasions and the park was fairly quiet, so we got to ride the Glass bottom boat several times. Well worth the drive from Disney area. There are often vouchers with about US$6 off per person in those little books that you see everywhere.

esprit
09-03-2002, 21:47
I have been and enjoyed it though they did pick me out as a volunteer in the Creepy Creatures show and covered me with tarantulas and God know what else. Don't expect the safari ride to be of the standard of Animal Kingdom or Rhino rally. Glass bottom boat is the best bit.

Julie Carty