PDA

View Full Version : Distances?

brianthebare
17-02-2003, 11:24
Can anyone tell me how far Haulover Beach, Miami is from Orlando. I am hoping to take in a visit next July when in Orlando and can't find a map large enough on the net to show me but I am thinking that it's a long way off.

Thanks,
Brian.

Carla
17-02-2003, 14:42
Hi Brian

Have never actually heard of Haulover Beach even though I've been to Miami several times!!!!

What's there (apart from beach and sea)?:D:D

It will take you about 3.5 hours to drive from Orlando area down to Miami, if you use the Turnpike, so it's a long day out.

blott
17-02-2003, 14:58
Not surprised you haven't heard of it Carla as it's apparently a nudist beach! [:I] See http://www.haulover.org Now I understand you forum name Brian! ;)

fiona
17-02-2003, 15:10
Golly I thought the Americans were frightfully straightlaced and didn't allow anything like that. There are messages all over the place in rental villas about topless sunbathing being against Florida State Law.

Or is that just like one we got of while staying in Hamilton's Reserve - "It is against Florida law to swim after 9.00pm in the pool". I suggest that was a HOA ruling, and as there were lots of locals it certainly got enforced. Our daughters were so disappointed at the idea they couldn't swim in the evening after being at the parks - so we let them providing they made no noise and we sat there in the dark.

Funny thing, never had it before, and where we bought there is no ban either, we often here kids having a whale of a time in the late evenings. As long as there is no raucous parties I have no objections!

I would say you need to allow about 4 hours each way to get there Brian, we stayed at Miami Beach at the end of December before making our way up to our villa, and it took quite a while to get anywhere along the coast road. Great views though - very like Miami Vice I mean, no we didn't see anything else!

florida4sun
17-02-2003, 16:38
This is NOT a law. Mcs use this to sopt people disturbing the nieghbours at night. Nobody can stop you susuing your pool at any hour. Howver like the UK you must keep the noise down.

quote:Originally posted by fiona

Or is that just like one we got of while staying in Hamilton's Reserve - "It is against Florida law to swim after 9.00pm in the pool". I suggest that was a HOA ruling, and as there were lots of locals it certainly got enforced. Our daughters were so disappointed at the idea they couldn't swim in the evening after being at the parks - so we let them providing they made no noise and we sat there in the dark.

brianthebare
17-02-2003, 16:42
Thanks for the info [:I]. I guess 4 hours each way means we will not be able to visit afterall :(

Regards,
Brian. :D

esprit
17-02-2003, 17:53
Brian, we stayed at Bal Harbour in Jan, which is the next beach along(normal beach). We stayed at the Days Inn and it was quite cheap. You could always stay overnight. Miami is worth a look anyway. There did not appear to be anything happening on the next beach ( though there were a couple topless sunbathing which is unusual in Florida) Mind you it is a bit parky in January even there!!!

brianthebare
17-02-2003, 18:01
Thanks Julie. I don't think Jane (Da Boss) will agree to that though.

Regards,
Brian.

steph_goodrum
17-02-2003, 18:15
Brian
If you want an ordinary beach there are several about an hours drive from the Orlando area, if you want to take the kids out for the day. Indian Rocks is good for collecting different shells etc, we haven't been to many of them but I'm sure other people can recommend some, we may try Weekie Wachie spirngs in October when we go depending on schedule as we'll probably be having a few days in Miami.

brianthebare
17-02-2003, 18:22
Thanks Steph. I think we will be after a fairly local 'normal' beach anyway. I have seen recent posts - I'll have a look-see.

Regards,
Brian.