PDA

View Full Version : Crush 'n' Gusher

ORLANDO_MAGIC
20-03-2005, 14:12
Crush 'n' Gusher launched with a splash Tuesday. Local swimmers sloshed and rode the new attraction.

While riding Crush 'n' Gusher, guests are whisked away on inflatable rafts and immediately begin to experience the up-and-down sensations of a roller coaster, made possible by utilizing some of today's latest water ride innovations. Powerful water jets propel guests through cavernous twists and turns, eventually spitting them out into the tranquil waters of Hideaway Bay.

Fast Facts:

Crush 'n' Gusher is the only water roller coaster in North America that has three unique and separate rides off of one tower.
Each Crush 'n' Gusher water jet nozzle puts out 1350 gallons per minute.

The average length of each slide is over 400 feet.
One slide from Crush 'n' Gusher can fill a standard home-size pool in about one minute.

Crush 'n' Gusher can fill up Disney's Typhoon Lagoon wave pool (2.7 million gallons) in about 3 hours.

If you were to connect the average fire hose to a single Crush 'n' Gusher jet nozzle, it could shoot water over The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror attraction at Disney-MGM Studios.

Ride height requirement is 48 inches.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200532010117_CRUSHER.jpg

E. Cosgrove
20-03-2005, 14:28
Sounds fantastic, we had planned BB for next week, but matbe a change of venue is in order.

trevlad
20-03-2005, 14:50
i never knew!

typhoon lagoon is my 'favorite' . it just got better[msnsmile2]

[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Ray&Sarah
21-03-2005, 00:32
Definately one for my sons in the summer.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
22-03-2005, 12:49
ummmmmmm, sounds like one I may sit out of, but will enjoy hearing others scream with delight:DRoll on next week!!

jolliffee
22-03-2005, 14:16
just has to be done!

Solana
31-03-2005, 17:11
Looks fun

becbecs
05-04-2005, 18:31
<span style="color:blue">Typhoon Lagoon</span id="blue">

Is just the greatest, can't wait to go back.[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

[beer]

WR1
06-04-2005, 19:10
Done this on Monday the kids loved it all 22 times :D:D The best one was the banana blaster
:D[msncool].

WR.

tia 33
06-04-2005, 20:07
Woohoo! Another thing to add to the list for May - can't wait!!!!
:D:D:D

Sue and Jere
06-04-2005, 20:19
My favourite water park and it gets even better. Can't wait to go now[clap][clap]

janwebb
07-04-2005, 12:46
Looks great

I know its probably not in the same league but they have one very similar at Butlins in Skegness!!! (& thats good) :D

Thorogoods
08-04-2005, 03:34
Love Typhoon Lagoon, went there and could not snokel (had a panic attack) so went back to the pool at the villa and learn't how to snokel just to cross the salt water tank, then did it another 7 times brillant. Was closed in January when we were last out there.....now we know why, can not wait until July to try this new ride. [beer]

CarolAnn
28-04-2005, 16:29
Well, we did both this April, we have missed Blizzard the last few times, but the new water ride at Typhoon, Crush 'n' Gusher was a BIG hit with the water babe in the family!! We were lucky as by the time we got over to it, our daughter managed to go on it a few times with no queuing [clap][clap]Mind you, we were the last to leave the park almost[msnwink]
I think we have confirmed, again, that Blizzard is great, but no one in our family wants to do a vertical drop on a water slide, and the wave pool is a lot smaller, so, we will return, but Typhoon stays top of our list at the moment!! [msnsmile2]

wilfy
28-04-2005, 17:16
For those who havn't been, you get to it walking thru the locker area.

It's a hoot, especially the 3 person tube. (Sarah,me boy ,'n me) it don't half make a splash at the bottom!

CarolAnn
03-05-2005, 18:03
The 3 person one looked a bit brutal at the end Wilfy[:O]Though everyone seemed to to laughing there heads off when they came off. :):D Good tip about walking through the locker area, I know Typhoon Lagoon well, but it took us a bit to work out where Gush n Crush was!! Once we found it, the child just would not leave it alone[msnwink]

nicklangdon
23-06-2005, 13:59
A tip for the ladies -watch your bikini tops if you sit at the back as the force of the water and a none tight top are a recipe for embarassment and trying to straighten up on the way down whilst holding on is quite a difficult task! I managed to compose myself ..just!
Of course it created a really funny talking point! [msnembarrased]
Ali

Thorogoods
16-08-2005, 16:36
We have now done this ride - brilliant, we love the water parks.:D

dawn
16-08-2005, 16:54
I agree Gary and Sam - brilliant, one of the best so far - and no queues:D

Rich-n-Ang
16-08-2005, 17:01
Did this several times last week - its great (don't sit too low in the tube though or you'll get some bruises [msnscared])

becbecs
17-08-2005, 10:18
What can I say about Crush n Gusher

[chatter]<span style="color:blue"><span style="font-family:Impact">FAB FAB FAB FAB FAB FAB FAB FAB FAB and FAB</span id="Impact"></span id="blue">[chatter]

Ruth
17-08-2005, 16:43
We could not find it when we were there a couple of weeks but from the description above will certainly find it next time;)

becbecs
17-08-2005, 17:22
Ruth

When entering the park and you get to the main shop on your right, head towards the lockers and the bathrooms on your right hand side. Passing in front of those bathrooms will take you around the back of them and to the new area where Crush & Gusher is.

Must admit it took us until about 3pm after asking one of the lifeguards to find it.

Rich-n-Ang
17-08-2005, 17:53
You can also get to it by walking along the path between Typhoon Tilly's and Castaway Creek, even when the park was busy last week there were loads of sunbeds free around the Crush-n-Gusher area, there is also a pool area which wasn't very busy so it's an ideal place to set yourself up for the day (although it's quite a walk to the wave pool and other attractions).

I can’t remember which of the 3 slides is which (Banana Blaster, Coconut Crusher and Pineapple Plunger) but we found that once you’ve collected your tube and you approach the tower the ride to the right hand side was always less busy, I think this may be because its for the 2 person tubes only whereas the other two are for 2 and 3 person ones.

lisacrotty
05-09-2005, 02:58
We all went on our last visit a couple of weeks ago.
The kids said it was the best ride there,
they went on it five times, they got off and went straight back on again

We used the 3 tube ride. there was less people on the 3 tube slide.
loads of people were waiting for the 2 tube slide

Caution my daughter said it really hurts your bottom[:O][msnwink]:D:D

ALR
10-01-2006, 22:39
Crush n Gusher was a huge hit with us.

Much prefer Typhoon Lagoon to Blizzard Beach.:)

CarolAnn
11-01-2006, 12:17
Have to agree ALR, I find Blizzard amazing, for water slides and activities, but for a tropical paradise feel I do feel more "at home" with Typhoon [8D]

nicseg
16-09-2006, 16:44
Crush 'n' Gusher

We went on this ride in July - absolutely awesome !

Sue