PDA

View Full Version : CDV Florida trip week 1.

Cruella DeVilla
20-03-2005, 08:42
CDV ON TOUR PART 1

Left a cold and dull Germany last Sunday morning, braved the train to the airport which was a first but hassle free. Our usual lift to the airport was in UK and we didn’t like to ask friends for a lift at early o’clock on a Sunday morning! Managed to stay out of the duty free shop and for the first time ever came away with no new Chanel make-up! (Still not opened the stuff I bought at Christmas)!

Flight was long, took us 13 hours to get to Orlando after our German airline decided to fly to Fort Myers and then make us wait there for 2 hours and then fly back to Orlando. It could have been worse though as the outbound passengers from Fort Myers, flying back to Germany had to then go with us to Orlando, then on to Miami to pick up other passengers and then return to Dusseldorf. I think this airline is off our Christmas card list now!

Picked up the car, no problems here for a change, usual sales patter trying to persuade us into an upgrade but we had prebooked and got a nice Pontiac Grand AM. Nearly went with the PT Cruiser but we shall have that in April as no shopping to do then ( well not much) so don’t need loads of boot space. Can’t wait to have a drive of that! Got to the villa tired and hungry. Visited out favourite Chinese take-away on the 27 and then slept until the next morning, managed 7am!

Monday consisted of unpacking and sorting out the villa. Opening lots of parcels, the internet is great! Only 2 pairs of shoes in this lot! We then went to visit Rosie and Al in the morning and caught up then did a bit of food shopping in the afternoon. Most importantly had a long overdue pedicure and my nails done. Went out for a bite to eat in the evening to the Outback on the 192 with Rosie and Al. We don’t rate the Outback and ended up there by default as everywhere else was mega busy. Steaks not cooked right and bland, so won’t be going there again.....ever!

Tuesday we did more sorting out at home and made Mr CDV do some DIY. I drove the car to get breakfast at good old Maccy Ds, don’t like the automatic cars much so that was fun! On the evening we ventured out to the Dixieland Stampede with Rosie and Al and had a laugh at the show which was a bit cheesey! Came home amused and clutching our sovinier Boot which was filled with Pina Colada earlier in the evening, think they ran out of rum as it seemed lacking in that department!!

Wednesday we decided we better go and get some more things for the house and spent the day furniture shopping which was very fruitful. In the evening we caught up with Rosie and Al and Steve (Snapper) and we headed off in the pouring rain to Cafe Tu Tu Tango where we sampled the delights of Tapas and Sangria and had a jolly good night out.

Thursday was another lazyish type of day. Pottered around in the villa, went to Wal-Mart, had some lunch at Homers BBQ pit at Cagans Crossing. Thursday evening we went to with Rosie, Al and Steve to Texas de Brazil which in my opinion is one of the finest restuarants around. Fabulous food and drink in really nice surrounding.

Friday was Rosie and Steves last day so said bye bye to them. We then had to do some more DIY, just what you need on holiday! Escaped in the afternoon to Wal-Mart on the 192 via KFC (Yum), picked up a few bits n bobs as you do, including 2 pairs of sandals and I bought two pairs earlier that afternoon in another shop, so that is another 6 pairs to add to the collection this week. Actually had a chance to wear lots of different pairs this week with the hectic social scene we were having! We stayed in that evening, feasted on garlic and chilli praws and lovley Californian Rose and had an early night ready for an action packed weekend!

Saturday consisted of more practical things around the villa and we never ventured out at all. Weather was much nicer today. Made a jumbalay for dinner washed down with a couple of drinks and that was about it. Early night now as action packed Sunday planned as we are hitting the shops.....yeehah!

To be continued:D

Rhosyn
20-03-2005, 11:59
Sounds like someone is enjoying themselves:)

KarenScott
20-03-2005, 12:33
I'm feeling hungry and thirsty too!
Waiting for next instalment.
[:I]

LiesaAnna
20-03-2005, 13:01
well done CDV!!!!!

not to painful was it writing a trip report?[msnwink]
i like to hear how you villa owners spend their time in florida!!!
am sooooooo looking forward to the next part 2, dont keep us waiting for to long please!!:D

you and your shoes!!!!!!!!![laugh]

CarolAnn
20-03-2005, 17:16
And the hat CDV??? Hope you are still having fun now Snapper and R&A are home[msnwink]

ujpest doza
20-03-2005, 19:39
Its funny you should slate The Outback Restaurant as i visited for the first time on our recent trip.

The very overcooked chips put us off going back, they looked like they had been cooked in oil that needed changing. We assumed that this was just "aussie" style.

Cruella DeVilla
20-03-2005, 20:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
And the hat CDV??? Hope you are still having fun now Snapper and R&A are home[msnwink]
[/quote]

Ah, the hat is now back in the box awaiting a trip to the Rodeo!

Cruella DeVilla
20-03-2005, 20:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
Its funny you should slate The Outback Restaurant as i visited for the first time on our recent trip.

The very overcooked chips put us off going back, they looked like they had been cooked in oil that needed changing. We assumed that this was just "aussie" style.

[/quote]

There is a review to the Outback on OFV, have a look;)

chrizzy100
20-03-2005, 21:48
We have a two door Pontiac Grand AM.....and can't find anything we like better...

We also dislike Outback.....the food is always dry in whatever one we go too.....

Ray&Sarah
21-03-2005, 00:06
Sounds like a great holiday so far CDV, not enough shopping going on though![msnwink]:D

julieanne
21-03-2005, 00:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
Sounds like a great holiday so far CDV, not enough shopping going on though![msnwink]:D
[/quote]

You pinched my line there Ray & Sarah [msnwink]
Nowhere near enough shopping [msnwink] [msnwink]

Lots of eating and drinking though :D

We've always enjoyed the Outback - but the one we visit the most is the one in Sarasota,

Great report CDV - looking forward to more [clap]

Cruella DeVilla
21-03-2005, 06:56
Oh shopping.....that was today! You will have to wait til next weekend to find out if I bought anymore shoes![8D]

Ray&Sarah
21-03-2005, 12:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Oh shopping.....that was today! You will have to wait til next weekend to find out if I bought anymore shoes![8D]
[/quote]

Now that sounds more like it CDV![msnwink]:D

ujpest doza
21-03-2005, 16:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza

[/quote]

There is a review to the Outback on OFV, have a look;)
[/quote]

Have you got a link to the review?

jolliffee
21-03-2005, 16:45
I just love these reviews; eating & drinking interspersed with shopping[msnwink][msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
21-03-2005, 18:41
[/quote]

I'm buying a new pair of shoes this week....I'll then have 3 pairs.....I'm sure I have a lot of catching up to do before I get anywhere near what you have........:D

Cruella DeVilla
21-03-2005, 18:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

I'm buying a new pair of shoes this week....I'll then have 3 pairs.....I'm sure I have a lot of catching up to do before I get anywhere near what you have........:D
[/quote]

Oh yeah!:D

21-03-2005, 18:47
Glad you are having such a good time, Im not jealous honest[msnsad][msncry]

julieanne
05-04-2005, 01:45
When are we getting the next part CDV???
Surely you're going to finish one trip report before you have to start on your next one [msnwink] [msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
06-04-2005, 23:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
When are we getting the next part CDV???
Surely you're going to finish one trip report before you have to start on your next one [msnwink] [msnwink]
[/quote]

Julie I am going to write it on the plane;)

Been on business and doing my degree before I get too far behind:(