PDA

View Full Version : Trip report March 2-16

Sputnick
19-03-2005, 18:44
This was the 3rd time we had been to Florida, We did Orlando in 2000, Miami in 2001. We have also been to California and Cuba.
This was by far the best way to stay if you need a central base to visit from.It felt so homely and secure.
On arrival at the airport the queue at imigration was very long and slow, the fingerprint part was no problem just a 747 load of visitors and not mant positions open (the first of much queueing).The guys at imigration were very pleasant and had a good repore with the kids.I hate Orlando arpt, it seems to take forever to get out.We picked up the Dollar rental 7 seater which was brilliant for all the luggage, booster seats and strollers that we took.We also found the with the 7 seaters they have booster seta in the backs of the rear seats and full childrens harnesses so we didn`t need our own.
The day after we arrived it was raining so we had a drive along Int Drive so I could show my daughter some of the places we new from before, we also did the Titanic exhibition at the Mercado.
Then to introduce her to American eating.
As we took our 4 year old twin boys with us it was difficult at first to find what they would eat.
The next stop was the new Walmart near us where I stocked up on Root Beer for the stay.
The rest of the holiday was basicly doing the parks, seeing what new attractions there were.The new attraction at MGM, Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, looks good and it opens in May but we saw a preview .
We found the Ponderosa restaurant the best for us as the kids ate free at breakfast.We also found McDonalds not as good as the UK.
I still chickened out of some of the more extreme rides (kraken,hulk, deuling dragons etc.
The Virgin flight booking in at Downtown Disney was very useful but directions not very good, it is on the car park side in front of Circ Soleui not the Virgin megastore.
I could go on for weeks, it was a very busy 2 weeks and I need a holiday.
Thanks for everyones help, I would not have stayed at a villa if I had not found this site.
Bryan, Hazel and the familly

LiesaAnna
19-03-2005, 23:27
glad you all had a great time!! we found some of the macdonalds were better then others!!

bluebirds
22-03-2005, 20:48
It sounds like you all had a great time. We hope to hit the Ponderosa for brekkie. I like the idea of free food for the children.

Ray&Sarah
22-03-2005, 21:38
Sounds like you really enjoyed yourselves, great to hear that the villa was a hit, spread the word.[msnwink]:D Now time to start planning the next holiday.[msnsmile2]

jolliffee
22-03-2005, 23:01
Must have been busy if you need a holiday, how about going back to Orlando again[msnwink] Sounds like you all had a great time.[msnsmile2]

nicklangdon
03-04-2005, 02:14
my 8 year old could cook better food than our local mcdonalds in the u.k however on our last trip to Florida we had a chicken bacon cheeseburger that we thought was out of this world and cant wait for some of the same when we visit in may for 3 weeks, 34 days to go

eagleydo
03-04-2005, 17:57
Dislike Mc Donalds in Florida but am addicted to Checkers, yummmmmmm..