PDA

View Full Version : Music book stores

rainyday
19-03-2005, 03:25
Does anyone know of any music book stores in Orlando? My son is looking for books showing the tabs for popular songs for guitar and piano. Thanks.

blott
19-03-2005, 04:26
You could try Barnes & Noble www.barnesandnoble.com as it's a large bookstore that sells most things. The nearest one is on Orange Blossom Trail, opposite the entrance to Florida Mall and next door to Best Buy.

They've also got a brilliant coffee shop and sell Chessecake Factory goodies!

Theresa
19-03-2005, 13:10
There is a music store in Down Town Kissimmee, sorry cannot remember the name of it. Very helpful staff.

caroline
19-03-2005, 13:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Theresa
There is a music store in Down Town Kissimmee, sorry cannot remember the name of it. Very helpful staff.
[/quote]

Is that the one with all the guitars in the windows?

allyjack
19-03-2005, 13:35
There is one on International Drive- can see it from I4. It is on a corner at the back but can't remember the name of it - Mike's or something ???

Theresa
19-03-2005, 17:40
Hi Caroline

Yes it has. It is packed to the ceiling with stock!

Snapper
19-03-2005, 21:07
Hi Rainyday,

It isn't Orlando but I've ordered a number of pieces of music from www.musicroom.com and have been pretty impressed with them.

ivypartridge
20-03-2005, 23:34
The store you can see from the 14 is George's music store. A good selection of guitars, books & equipment and they also run workshops. Their web site is www.georgesmusic.com:)The hard Rock Vault is also a must for rock music lovers. Quieter later at night

Steve and Dawn
22-03-2005, 23:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by allyjack
There is one on International Drive- can see it from I4. It is on a corner at the back but can't remember the name of it - Mike's or something ???
[/quote]

I think you mean Georges Music shop. It's opposite wet n wild round behind walgreens. I have spent many an hour (and dollars) there. I have bought 3 guitars and numerous books. Unlike the UK they don't mind if you want to sit and play any or all guitars in the shop. They have keyboards and drums, mixers, amps everything. They also have another smaller branch on Downtown Disney. Both have very helpful staff.

Steve & Dawn