PDA

View Full Version : State Parks

steph_goodrum
15-02-2002, 02:42
Checkout www.myflorida.com for details of some of the State parks. Most only cost a few dollars to get into (usually for a car load) rather than per person. A family annual pass costs $60 and covers up to 8 in 1 vehicle, so for regular visitors it's definitely worth the money, or 7 day family passes are $15. The park guide master list has about 140 parks on it so I can't list them all here.
Ichetucknee Springs is one we are hoping to visit on our next trip.

steph

orlandobabe
15-02-2002, 21:57
That's a good site you've mentioned. I've looked up Ichnetucknee Springs-it looks North West of Orlando near Fort White and it looks idyllic.
I can't make out what these tubers are that you are supposed to float in-surely they are not like the ones at the water parks when there are alligators in the water.

We are also missing a good weekend at Seminole-Collier Park this weekend where are lot of native americans are coming together with crafte etc

Orlandobabe

orlandobabe
15-02-2002, 22:20
That's a good site you've mentioned. I've looked up Ichnetucknee Springs-it looks North West of Orlando near Fort White and it looks idyllic.
I can't make out what these tubers are that you are supposed to float in-surely they are not like the ones at the water parks when there are alligators in the water.

We are also missing a good weekend at Seminole-Collier Park this weekend where are lot of native americans are coming together with crafte etc

Orlandobabe

steph_goodrum
15-02-2002, 22:33
Thanks
Ichetucknee Springs does have it's own website (bet you can't guess the address?) Give up, ok, it's www.ichetuckneesprings.com and will give you detailed driving directions, also includes some of the other springs and gives detailed directions for some "days out".

steph