PDA

View Full Version : Silver Creek

Sputnick
18-03-2005, 01:50
I have just returned from 2 weeks at a villa at Silver Creek.
It was a five bedroom villa with everything we needed (except perfect weather).
As this is the first time I have rented a villa I can thoroughly recommend it. It is nice to have a place that feels like home to return to after a tiring day at the parks or trailing behind the women shopping.
The Disney store at Downtown Disney is enormous, I nearly lost the rest of the familly but they found me. I`ll try harder next time.
Using the tips and help from this forum has been an excellent way to plan the trip.
I will definately rent a villa again.
Thanks every one for their help. [msnsmile][msnsmile][msnsmile]

Bryan& Hazel Smith and the Hunt family

SunLover
18-03-2005, 02:11
So pleased you had a great time :D

E. Cosgrove
18-03-2005, 02:12
Glad you had fun.Any chance of a trip report, love hearing about other peoples hols.[msnsmile2]

dolphinv
18-03-2005, 02:46
Glad to hear you enjoyed Silver Creek so much, have not been over since January 2nd....help i'm getting withdrawel symptoms

Andy tips
19-03-2005, 01:26
Like DolphinV, Also glad to hear you liked Silver Creek. As another of the owners on this new development it's good to see positive feedback.
Sounds like this may have been your first encounter in Florida, If so how does it compare with your regular holiday destinations??
Sorry to sound nosey but I am genuinely interested
Regards
Andy

ellie
19-03-2005, 02:34
Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time - and that you did not let the weather spoil your trip - we always say we would rather be in Florida with rain than at home with rain!

:)

Sputnick
19-03-2005, 15:57
Thanks for all your replies.
This was the 3rd time we had been to Florida, We did Orlando in 2000, Miami in 2001. We have also been to California and Cuba.
This was by far the best way to stay if you need a central base to visit from.It felt so homely and secure.
On arrival at the airport the queue at imigration was very long and slow, the fingerprint part was no problem just a 747 load of visitors and not mant positions open (the first of much queueing).The guys at imigration were very pleasant and had a good repore with the kids.I hate Orlando arpt, it seems to take forever to get out.We picked up the Dollar rental 7 seater which was brilliant for all the luggage, booster seats and strollers that we took.We also found the with the 7 seaters they have booster seta in the backs of the rear seats and full childrens harnesses so we didn`t need our own.
The day after we arrived it was raining so we had a drive along Int Drive so I could show my daughter some of the places we new from before, we also did the Titanic exhibition at the Mercado.
Then to introduce her to American eating.
As we took our 4 year old twin boys with us it was difficult at first to find what they would eat.
The next stop was the new Walmart near us where I stocked up on Root Beer for the stay.
The rest of the holiday was basicly doing the parks, seeing what new attractions there were.The new attraction at MGM, Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, looks good and it opens in May but we saw a preview .
We found the Ponderosa restaurant the best for us as the kids ate free at breakfast.We also found McDonalds not as good as the UK.
I still chickened out of some of the more extreme rides (kraken,hulk, deuling dragons etc.
The Virgin flight booking in at Downtown Disney was very useful but directions not very good, it is on the car park side in front of Circ Soleui not the Virgin megastore.
I could go on for weeks, it was a very busy 2 weeks and I need a holiday.
Thanks for everyones help, I would not have stayed at a villa if I had not found this site.
Bryan, Hazel and the familly

heathercobbett
19-03-2005, 21:09
Great that you had such a nice time.One thing that struck me was your passion for root beer.We all think it tastes like mouth wash and if we have friends with us we usually pour them a root beer to watch their disgusted reaction

Next time,go for 3 weeks.You can then spread things out to enjoy an easy day now and then to relax and enjoy all your villa has to offer and maybe take in some of the myriad other things in the area.Your villa owner will be able to advise you of lots of things you haven't thought of (some of them free)

Sputnick
20-03-2005, 14:44
re your comments on root beer, my description is that it tastes like germoline smells, but it a refreshing drink. I used to be able to get it from U S air bases Alconbury, Lakenheath and Mildenhall but with the closures and security I can`t get it now. Although through this site I have been given address of a firm that does it mail order.

heathercobbett
20-03-2005, 21:35
Yum! would you like a refreshing drink of germolene? Err,not just now,thanks.Please serve some to your friends and family if you get some and post their reaction

It seems to sell wellin the States, but you are the first Brit I have met who likes it.

I always think it is an American peculiarity (like Marmite and the Brits)

dolphinv
12-04-2005, 19:28
Any one been to Silver Creek in Last few weeks, would love to hear how things are. Is the Silver Creek sign finished and the road signs back up?

becbecs
12-04-2005, 19:47
Glad you had a great time especially in the Villa.

Certainly gives you the freedom to relax in the quiet away from it all.

DisneyDreamer
13-04-2005, 21:07
Hubby is another root beer fan [beer] really can't see the attraction myself!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday...and you mentioned one of my favourite shops...The Disney Store @ Downtown Disney....funnily enough I lost my husband there, which gave me plenty of time to fill up my basket with goodies without him nagging!