PDA

View Full Version : United airlines

dj_padd
17-03-2005, 21:32
just wanted to know if any one has flown with United before? if so what was it like, do they have headback tv etc etc

amy
18-03-2005, 02:50
We use United alot, there are no seat back tv's on the flights we have had,however if you are flying from the UK, they tend to use BMI for the first leg as part of the star alliance and they do have seat back TV's.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dj_padd
just wanted to know if any one has flown with United before? if so what was it like, do they have headback tv etc etc
[/quote]

Rhosyn
18-03-2005, 10:26
We have used United Airlines twice they have always had seat back tv's on the leg from Heathrow to USA but not internal to Orlando. Good service and plenty of leg room.

ahagan
18-03-2005, 12:45
We have also used United a few times from Heathrow to USA and have always enjoyed the flight. They have individual seat back TVs and the food and leg room was good.

On their internal flights (they do not go direct to MCO) to Orlando, they use smaller planes and therefore do not have seat back TVs. Hope this helps.

caroline
18-03-2005, 13:17
We've only ever flown with United to Florida, either via Dulles, Washington or O'Hare, Chicago - only ever had 1 flight delayed (4 hours) we have noticed a marked improvement over the last 2 years in the cabin crew, they were always OK but now they're much better:)

The films are not usually the 'latest' releases but they have a good selection, if you go onto their website you can check out what will be showing on your flight.

Foods always been OK for airline food, I always take extras for our son as he's quite fussy, but the last few flights he's eaten the meal quite happily.

pieman790
18-03-2005, 14:46
We used United sister company TED last year for the internal part of our flight and they were very good. Didnt have seat back TV's but they did have 10" TV that appear from the celing once the plane had taken off. I would that you had one screen to every 6 people. Also you can hear live air traffic control throughtout the flight and i was amazed how much the flight crew actually communicate with ATC

Michelle
18-03-2005, 18:33
We have flown with United for the past fews years, via Washington from Heathrow to MCO and have always had seat back TV,s.

dj_padd
18-03-2005, 21:28
thnaks alot, wont have to fork out £200 for a portable dvd player now

gromit
19-03-2005, 02:28
We had seatback Tv on the return sector on a 777, but the 747 from LHR to Chicago was the big screen at the front of the cabin. We had quite a laugh as our 7 month old son at the time was in a cot underneath the screen and grabbed hold of it and it went upwards in the middle of the film - oh well... The internal flights with TED were good. Not the best airline in the world but they were ok and I would travel with them again - better seats and room than charter... You'll be so excited going out that the time will go quickly, and coming home you'll either be too tired and sleep or busy planning your next trip!!![msnwink]

domster
19-03-2005, 20:13
They use BMI (who use new planes with TV on the seats) for the first leg to Washington or Chicago. From there the internal flights are as you would expect.

DOM

dj_padd
19-03-2005, 22:13
we are flying at 8am from heathrow, so will that be a bmi plane then?

stabard
19-03-2005, 22:38
When we flew from Heathrow it was a United Plane and it had the headrest TV's

Carla
17-02-2006, 17:52
We're flying from Heathrow to Washington with United this August on a late afternoon flight. The last time I did this we had an early flight and stayed in a Heathrow hotel with parking, but I don't want overnight accom. this time as Kevin has to work in the morning. Does anyone have any recommendations as to a good park company or meet and greet?

RIS
17-02-2006, 20:48
Hi Carla

We live near LHR and may be able to help with parking and drop off etc. Email me with that dates that you are going and we'll try to help. ;)

Paula D-S
17-02-2006, 22:18
We flew with United last year from Manchester to Dules..................no seat back tvs the flight was actually with BMI. Flew onto Orlando with TED

Carla
17-02-2006, 22:23
Have sent you an email Roger.[msnsmile2]

Parrothead
18-02-2006, 03:22
We normally use United, but lat flight was US Air. Everyt time we have flown United w have had the same stewardess!! She live near us in Bournemouth!
Last flight with them was Feb/March last year. 45 people on the flight including crew. Great flight, great airline.[clap]

SDJ
21-02-2006, 01:59
Been flying United for the last 12 years. Great airline and plenty of seat and leg room. Extremely generous with upgrades and until TED came into play we were always upgraded to First Class for the journey from Washington or Chicago to Tampa.

Since moving to Orlando last Feb. we have flown direct with Virgin. 8 flights, everyone late. The last flight was last Friday. I have had enough of Virgin and would only use them again in extreme emergency or if there price suddenly dropped!

gwensvilla
01-03-2006, 05:05
seat back t.vs are dependant on which plane is used - 777 will have them 747 wont - go onto united website and find out which your flight is (it will also tell you if it is United or BMI) - Ive flown with them for years - food good - duty free [bad language filtered out] - fly 3-4 times with them and join their frequent flyer programme and you will get a free flight - been upgraded several times!! we use the stop-overs to make 2 centre holidays - leg room better than charter too - Gwen

Twiglet
01-03-2006, 07:19
They haven't got a good reputation on the flights from LA to Sydney/Melbourne. I've heard so many complaints, that the staff are rude, the food is horrible and mainly overhead movies. Maybe its just that leg of the journey that lets them down.

Carla
01-03-2006, 16:15
Being US based they are great for stopovers Gwen. We are using Orlando as our stopover on our August/September trip. We're getting 5 nights in Orlando then flying up to Albany for another 10 nights and then flying home from Albany. It's not costing us any more than it would have if we had just flown from the UK to Albany and back again. The airmiles are great too!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]