PDA

View Full Version : Airport Lounges

greenpete
16-03-2005, 03:54
To all you frequent travellers,:)

Has anyone visited the Airport Executive Lounges, namely Servisair or US Airways Club at Gatwick. Or, the Delta Crown Room Club or United Red Carpet Club at Orlando (MCO).If so, I would appreciate any info on the facilities one can
expect.[beer]

Anna

wilfy
16-03-2005, 04:25
Not done Delta's at Orlando, but we've done the Gatwick End. The Delta Crown room at Gatwick, (as we posh un's always travel this way..[:P] ) Free nibble's and dips, free drinks, including booze if you want it,internet pc, (only 1 last year), all the normal business facilities you would expect, but most importantly comfy chairs.:)

Snapper
16-03-2005, 04:37
I've been in a StarAlliance lunge at Gatwick but I can't remember if it was a US Airways lounge or another airline.

Lounges tend to be pretty similar the world over. They usually have a bar with an excellent selection of drinks (time to taste that 18 year old malt!) and some nibbles. Occasionally they have sandwiches or bigger nibbles. Most lounges these days have wireless internet.

greenpete
16-03-2005, 04:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
Not done Delta's at Orlando, but we've done the Gatwick End. The Delta Crown room at Gatwick, (as we posh un's always travel this way..[:P] ) Free nibble's and dips, free drinks, including booze if you want it,internet pc, (only 1 last year), all the normal business facilities you would expect, but most importantly comfy chairs.:)
[/quote]

That sounds good to me. We've just become members of a group that allow you to 'visit' airport lounges all over the world at a very reasonable cost. Sometimes it's nice to be able to relax in comfort when waiting for your flight. We used to love duty free shopping but now prefer to shop in Florida[clap], so we tend to have time to spare now.

Anna

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-03-2005, 11:47
I've deen to the Delta one at MCO (you get access with your Virgin Club Orlando or Upper Class ticket). It's got the usual lots of chairs, tables, TV's, free bar, nibbles (these were really nice) and even a mini golf driving range.

I was expecting wireless broadband internet access but was very disappointed to find they only have dial-up available - they supply you with a temporary dial up username and password. This was the main reason I bothered to find the lounge in the first place [msnsad]

greenpete
16-03-2005, 23:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I've deen to the Delta one at MCO (you get access with your Virgin Club Orlando or Upper Class ticket). It's got the usual lots of chairs, tables, TV's, free bar, nibbles (these were really nice) and even a mini golf driving range.

I was expecting wireless broadband internet access but was very disappointed to find they only have dial-up available - they supply you with a temporary dial up username and password. This was the main reason I bothered to find the lounge in the first place [msnsad]
[/quote]

Thanks John, It's good to know these things. Just as a matter of interest, was it very busy when you 'visited'?

Anna

Robert5988
16-03-2005, 23:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I was expecting wireless broadband internet access but was very disappointed to find they only have dial-up available - they supply you with a temporary dial up username and password. This was the main reason I bothered to find the lounge in the first place [/quote]
John,
I think that lots of places are getting very wary about setting up 'hot spots' for wireless broadband access because of the security problems involved with this.

The AA Admirals club at Chicago have a bank of 'public' PCs on Broadband or you can plug in your laptop for dial-up.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-03-2005, 06:29
Not amazingly so - we found plenty of seats.
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by greenpete

Thanks John, It's good to know these things. Just as a matter of interest, was it very busy when you 'visited'?

Anna
[/quote]

Matt
22-03-2005, 17:16
The Delta Crown room at MCO is very spacious and always plenty of seats. There is also a small play area for the kids (if you have any travelling with you).

At LGW you can't beat the Virgin Clubhouse, however with the membership that you have I'm guessing this would not allow access to the club house!! I've been in one other lounge at LGW but can't remember what it was called, I think it was Servisair and it was called Alexander something or other. This was also very spacious but also extremely busy the couple of times I'd been in there. It was a help yourself bar (the best), with walkers crisps and muffins etc etc. This lounge was up on the first floor past the Virgin Clubhouse.

Any lounge is nice though just to get out of the hustle and bustle of the terminal.

Matt

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-03-2005, 17:50
I'll be using the Delta lounge at MCO tomorrow so can look for any updates then [msnsmile]

Let's hope they have got wireless broadband now as I cannot see any more security issues with this as opposed to letting you use their dial-up accounts.

Matt
22-03-2005, 18:22
John, I was there in Feb and still no hotspots.....

Matt

greenpete
23-03-2005, 04:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Matt
The Delta Crown room at MCO is very spacious and always plenty of seats. There is also a small play area for the kids (if you have any travelling with you).

At LGW you can't beat the Virgin Clubhouse, however with the membership that you have I'm guessing this would not allow access to the club house!! I've been in one other lounge at LGW but can't remember what it was called, I think it was Servisair and it was called Alexander something or other. This was also very spacious but also extremely busy the couple of times I'd been in there. It was a help yourself bar (the best), with walkers crisps and muffins etc etc. This lounge was up on the first floor past the Virgin Clubhouse.

Any lounge is nice though just to get out of the hustle and bustle of the terminal.

Matt
[/quote]

You are quite right! We are not allowed to visit the Virgin Clubhouse, maybe one day when we fly first class(some hope!). Have to keep collecting the frequent flyer miles! We can get into the Servisair one though. Yes, it is nice to get out of the hustle and bustle sometimes. Our pass allows us to visit over 450 airport lounges worldwide. Delta and Servisair appear to have lounges in a large number of airports, however some lounges are 'cash' bars I believe. I just want to sit in a comfy chair[msnwink]

Anna

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-03-2005, 02:44
I can confirm the Delta Crowne lounge at MCO does now have wireless internet access - I'm using it to type this message. Well done Delta - free beer, nibbles and internet - what more could a weary traveller want :D:D:D

greenpete
24-03-2005, 02:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I can confirm the Delta Crowne lounge at MCO does now have wireless internet access - I'm using it to type this message. Well done Delta - free beer, nibbles and internet - what more could a weary traveller want :D:D:D
[/quote]

That's good news John.[clap] Do you know whether they are very strict at the Delta Crowne lounge, in allowing more than 2 guests.

Anna

caroline
24-03-2005, 02:59
A seat in first class?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-03-2005, 03:07
Yes - well it says F class on my boarding pass but is Virgin's Club Orlando which is the best seats on the Manchester route. I'm looking forward to a good sleep hopefully.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
A seat in first class?
[/quote]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-03-2005, 03:08
I'm not sure - I had to have an invitation card although I did not look if it allowed guests.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by greenpete
[/quote]

That's good news John.[clap] Do you know whether they are very strict at the Delta Crowne lounge, in allowing more than 2 guests.

Anna
[/quote]

Matt
24-03-2005, 20:11
You are allowed 1 guest in to the Delta Crown Room if travelling on a business ticket. However, with Priority Pass or one of the many other lounge programmes I'm not sure.

With Wexas I think I could take 2 but obviously you had to pay for them.

Matt

greenpete
25-03-2005, 03:24
Matt, in that case as there will be 4 of us, we will probably opt for the Servisair lounge.[beer]

Anna

Susan J
13-04-2005, 16:13
If you want details of lounges, go to prioritypass.com The Delta one in Orlando is lovely, it has peace and quiet, perfect temperature, and is both spacious and elegant - surprised it doesn't serve food really, but everything else is absolutely spot on. With prioritypass, it says only one guest and spouse £15 extra, but I haven't used my card there, just been in on 1st class flight.
Servisair in Manchester is a very small excuse for a lounge, serving nibbles and alcohol. I just like to sit in comfort away from the hustle and bustle, and relax - no cordless access last time I was there. There is uusually an airport website, and you can find details of lounges and which cards they allow on it.