PDA

View Full Version : Please help

emtswife
15-03-2005, 19:01
Hi,
We will be going to Florida in July. Our &#39;real&#39; vacation will be in Orlando July 23-30, but we are planning to visit relatives in St. Pete July 30-Aug. 3. Now for the problem... As much as I love my relatives, I really don&#39;t want to stay with them for a week. But I am sure that after the week in Orlando, money will be tight. Does anyone know of somewhere [u]CHEAP</u> to stay? I am not familiar with the area, but would like to be very close to the beach (nice, free entertainment!. We also have fairly early reservations to leave (via Tampa airport)so we would probably need to be fairly close to the airport. The internet searches I have done have been fruitless as everything seems to be out of my price range. We do not need anything fancy, just clean and (can I say this too much?!) CHEAP. Any help would be appreciated.

Sam

blott
15-03-2005, 19:48
I'm not sure that 'very close to the beach', St Pete's and 'cheap' (with or without capital letters ;)) are actually synonymous or could be mentioned in the same breath!

As you've discovered, staying at the Gulf Coast is more expensive than the Orlando area.

If you can set your sights a little lower, ie not 'very close to the beach' and are prepared to be a bit more flexible inland, you'll probably find something suitable. Why not try an enquiry for one of the Gulf Coast homes advertised on the OV sites in the links above?

emtswife
16-03-2005, 07:13
I think you might be right Blott. What was I thinking??! Lol

benfilo
17-03-2005, 01:47
I stayed there a few years back and found a fairly inexpensive place,it was called the Allsuites something or other (I'll try and do a search) it was a 1bedroom suite (they had larger), across the road from the beach, jetty at the rear for water taxis and a 5 minute walk to the Don Ceaser. It cost under $60 a night (then)

benfilo
17-03-2005, 01:58
did a search it was this one
[name edited] <span style="color:green">Benfilo, can you DM this please to Emtswife please</span id="green">

Prices have gone up a bit , but they did drop there price after a bit of haggling at the time