PDA

View Full Version : Renting Question

Katiesmommy
14-03-2005, 14:53
Hi. I am thinking of renting a villa that I found thru a site on here. The gentleman seems very nice and he is offering a wonderful bargain price for the rental. My husband has some major concerns- he is a very pessimistic person-- he is concerned that somehow it may be some kind of swindle. Is there a way to check out whom you are renting from, or is there some kind of agency that villa owners have to go through? We are brand new to this, and have been saving for this trip for over a year and I just want everything to go perfect--thanks for the help and God Bless--Lucinda

Lynnes
14-03-2005, 15:17
Hi Lucinda

If the villa is on any of these sites then you can rest assured that they are a validated by the webmaster. In other words they are all genuine.
Hope you have a fantastic holiday in Florida.

Carla
14-03-2005, 15:42
Hi Lucinda

Well done for choosing this site. [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Your first check is to make sure that the owner has pointed you to a villa advert on either www.orlandovillas.com or www.villasflorida.com or www.onlinefloridavillas.com

Each villa has it's own unique number. You can see examples of the links that the owner should have provided by looking at mine and Lynne's signature under our posts. Providing the owner can point you directly to an advert on one of the three sites, then you can rest assured that that villa has been verified, by the site owners, and that the person you are dealing with is the actual owner.

Every 6 months all advertisers are required to provide offical proof that they own the villa that they are advertising.

Have a great vacation.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-03-2005, 16:44
If you want to email me at john@orlandovillas.com with the owners name and the villa ref number I can take a quick look for you if you like [msnsmile]

chrizzy100
14-03-2005, 18:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katiesmommy
Hi. I am thinking of renting a villa that I found thru a site on here. The gentleman seems very nice and he is offering a wonderful bargain price for the rental. My husband has some major concerns- he is a very pessimistic person-- he is concerned that somehow it may be some kind of swindle. Is there a way to check out whom you are renting from, or is there some kind of agency that villa owners have to go through? We are brand new to this, and have been saving for this trip for over a year and I just want everything to go perfect--thanks for the help and God Bless--Lucinda
[/quote]

I know this is the biggest worry with all my American friends when they ask me about villas.....and so far the ones who have booked have been more than happy with the villa they got through this site.....so much so they rebook.....or pass on the owners info to friends.....[msnsmile2]

brizzle
14-03-2005, 22:30
Lucinda,

I'd use this site for any villa booking over any of the main tour operators in the UK.
Cheaper prices for better accomodation and no middle man/woman, you deal with the owner.

3 villas booked so far and very happy.

Brizzle.

Cowboy
15-03-2005, 00:26
Hi Lucinda,
Please do not be concerned regarding renting a villa from any of the 3 sites mentioned above. Our current guests are renting our villa for the first time and sent a lovely e-mail the day after arrival.
May I suggest you contact the owner by e-mail and I am sure he will be able to reassure you and your husband.
John Rooke, who is co-owner of these 3 sites, has offered to help you and I can assure you that his opinion will be un-biased.
Mike and Kath.

Katiesmommy
15-03-2005, 01:55
Thanks everyone for being so helpful! My husband and I are polar opposites when it comes to certain things-- I am too trusting and dear hubby never trusts anyone- we are quite the pair! I usually go with my gut instinct and to be honest I dont think there will be any problem. But where the problem lies is that I dont remember exactly how I found the villa- I was bombed with enguiry responses and all I kept was the link to the owners website as I fell in love with it when I saw it, and I feel like I would be insulting the owner-(who have I told you how nice he comes across?)--if he could tell me where he lists his villa. LOL
Poor John- I did email him with the owners name and the website- I hope I am not making too much work for him.......thanks everyone---Lucinda

Katiesmommy
15-03-2005, 02:04
Just to let you all know- John wrote me back- very quickly I might add- and the villa was one of the ones i found thru here and he is the legit owner etc---I feel a little foolish now, but hubby can have his fears eased--now I just need to convince him that a villa is the ONLY way to go and we will be all set-- thanks everyone! Lucinda

Aiminghigh
15-03-2005, 08:40
Katiesmommy-I hope you enjoy the villa as much as we've enjoyed renting them in the past-we've stayed in Disney properties too and there is no comparison-villa wins hands down for us!!

kitty
16-03-2005, 02:33
Hi katie we have rented a villa through this site for 2006 like you we were a bit dubious about doing all this over the internet,but after spending most of my days reading advice from the guests etc i know that we neednt have worried either.I didnt know until after we had booked ours that one of the co owners owned the villa we have booked,but after looking for a villa to rent this one caught our eye the most.It must be hard for the owners themselves not knowing who are going into their homes though,it would worry me anyway as to whether the home would be treated with respect etc[easter2]

E. Cosgrove
16-03-2005, 11:55
Kitty, you have a very valid point. Villa renters ( quite rightly) are worried about handing over several hundred £'s or $'s, but the villa owner is actually trusting the renter with several hundred thousand £s of his property.
This is why it is important for both parties to build up a good relationship.
Lucinda, I may be biased but I am convinced that if you can persuade your husband to book the villa you have chosen you will find it so much better than a small......or even a big[msnwink] hotel room when you have a little one. It will be so much more relaxing for you all.
Do let us all know what you decide and have great vacation.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-03-2005, 13:05
Hi Kitty

You are more than welcome. I'll be at the villa you will be staying at later today as I'm just about to set off for the airport. Can't wait to see it again as it brings shivers down my spine every time we set foot through the door - we LOVE that house [msnsmile2]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
Hi katie we have rented a villa through this site for 2006 like you we were a bit dubious about doing all this over the internet,but after spending most of my days reading advice from the guests etc i know that we neednt have worried either.I didnt know until after we had booked ours that one of the co owners owned the villa we have booked,but after looking for a villa to rent this one caught our eye the most.It must be hard for the owners themselves not knowing who are going into their homes though,it would worry me anyway as to whether the home would be treated with respect etc[easter2]
[/quote]

wrpac00
16-03-2005, 16:18
Liz is absolutely right.

I remember the first time I booked a villa via the internet, I was apprehensive up to the time I walked through the door. So I can see why people are worried but as Liz said us owners are risking even more. We don't know what people are like and they could cause untold damage to our properties.

The measures this site has in place is about the most anyone can do apart from John & Roger personally visiting each property and I am sure they have better things to do with their time when they are in Orlando.

Cruella DeVilla
16-03-2005, 17:01
I second what Liz is saying, it is understandable about guests being concerned but the owners have to trust their property often worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to people they also have never met. It is mutual trust.

The family of OV sites are peace of mind for guests as all the villa owners have to prove they own what they are advertising.

kitty
16-03-2005, 22:06
Hello john i hope you have had a good flight today and all is well with your villa,from the pics we saw and we had the virtual tour(15 times since booking) we alse fell in love with your villa,usually when we arrive at a property being apartment we have a good look around but dont need to when we get to yours as we know exactly where everything is(well almost).husband cant wait to see the disco pool in action (being a dj himself)[drinkpepsi]