PDA

View Full Version : Orange tree

Katiesmommy
14-03-2005, 15:31
Hello everyone! I have a question- I have been pouring over all the villa enguiry repsonses we have received and I really have fallen inlove with a home in the Orange Tree development.The owners seem like wonderful people and they are offering the 4 bedroom pool home to us for $1200 for the 9 days we will be there. It seems like a wonderful bargain. Can anyone tell me about the development, how far it really is to Disney and so on? Just trying to get a second opinion,this will be our very first visit to WDW and to Florida and it will be me, hubby and my 20 month old daughter and possibly my 70 yo mother in law. The owner says there is a Wal-mart about 1 mile from it which really is a plus for me.
I am having a bit of a dilemna as hubby thinks staying at a value on WDW property would be a better bargain as we are on a pretty tight budget, but I really want a villa --so all the info I can get about Orange Tree is greatly appreciated! God Bless--Lucinda

mm69340
14-03-2005, 17:06
Hi,

Have your husband actually price 9 days at a WDW resort, even the Value ones. When we first bought, my best friend was going to Disney and thought about staying on site. She was going for a few days and was GOBSMACKED at the cost. Unless your Mother in Law wants to sleep with her grandaughter, you will need two rooms. Then add the cost of eating all your meals in Disney. That adds up.

Orange Tree is over by us at Esprit. You can pick up meals on the way home or when my sister stayed, she had a lovely Italian meal delivered to the door!

Remember also that at the Villa, your daughter will have the pool all to herself, so you can swim with her and keep an EAGLE eye on her.

chrizzy100
14-03-2005, 19:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katiesmommy
Hello everyone! I have a question- I have been pouring over all the villa enguiry repsonses we have received and I really have fallen inlove with a home in the Orange Tree development.The owners seem like wonderful people and they are offering the 4 bedroom pool home to us for $1200 for the 9 days we will be there. It seems like a wonderful bargain. Can anyone tell me about the development, how far it really is to Disney and so on? Just trying to get a second opinion,this will be our very first visit to WDW and to Florida and it will be me, hubby and my 20 month old daughter and possibly my 70 yo mother in law. The owner says there is a Wal-mart about 1 mile from it which really is a plus for me.
I am having a bit of a dilemna as hubby thinks staying at a value on WDW property would be a better bargain as we are on a pretty tight budget, but I really want a villa --so all the info I can get about Orange Tree is greatly appreciated! God Bless--Lucinda
[/quote]

I know there are some good bargins on the TV in the USA for hotel and ticket stays in Disney right now....but with a rental price of $1200 for the villa.....I think you are only saving a matter of a few hundred $$$ by staying in the parks.... I would make a list of all the pros and cons of both hoildays.... but I feel that because you have looked at a villa stay ...and that it seems to be something you really want....and hubby is just trying to save a little money by staying in the parks.... both of you are not really into the park hotel stay in a big way like a lot of people are.....so I would say you're going to be better off in the villa......

Kiddie001
14-03-2005, 20:56
Lucinda,

We stayed there last October

You may want to look at a previous thread on Orange tree :-
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_16606.asp

Or you may feel inclined to look at our trip report & photos:-
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_15336.asp

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_15337.asp

Hope this helps

Ian

Katiesmommy
15-03-2005, 02:40
Thanks for the info Ian and I enjoyed your trip report and pictures.

Crizzy you are so right- I really dont want a small hotel room--DH is a truck driver and he can sleep anywhere-trust me! lol

Karen- MIL is only coming if we get a villa- DH already knows we cant afford 2 hotel rooms and there is no way I am sharing a room with her on our very first vacation [msnoo]

I think DH is just worried that it may be "too good to be true" and that in the long run after pool heat and car rental and all that our budget is going to be shot-- my only concern really is how far the drive and if Orange Tree is in a good area and such,,,,

esprit
15-03-2005, 07:32
Orange Tree is a lovely development in a nice area and yes very near the new WalMart, I would say 15 mins or so from Disney if you use the back way down Sherberth.

chrizzy100
15-03-2005, 08:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katiesmommy
Thanks for the info Ian and I enjoyed your trip report and pictures.

Crizzy you are so right- I really dont want a small hotel room--DH is a truck driver and he can sleep anywhere-trust me! lol

Karen- MIL is only coming if we get a villa- DH already knows we cant afford 2 hotel rooms and there is no way I am sharing a room with her on our very first vacation [msnoo]

I think DH is just worried that it may be "too good to be true" and that in the long run after pool heat and car rental and all that our budget is going to be shot-- my only concern really is how far the drive and if Orange Tree is in a good area and such,,,,
[/quote]

I really like the Disney hotels.....and anyone booked into one will have a great time.....but if you've not booked into a hotel already.....a villa will be your best bet....more so if you need two hotel rooms....I would put hubbys mind at rest about booking from this site.......all the villas are very good value for money......I'm sure both you and hubby will be pleased with your stay.....[msnsmile2]

ravtino
15-03-2005, 16:41
We are staying on Orange Tree at Xmas and not far away in the summer, as my neice who is travelling with us in the summer has not been to Orlando before, we have done the best of both and booked into Disneys Port Orleans for 5 nights and then onto a villa for the rest of the time (2.5 weeks) we have stayed in Disney before and love the conveinience of been near the park.

chrizzy100
15-03-2005, 19:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
We are staying on Orange Tree at Xmas and not far away in the summer, as my neice who is travelling with us in the summer has not been to Orlando before, we have done the best of both and booked into Disneys Port Orleans for 5 nights and then onto a villa for the rest of the time (2.5 weeks) we have stayed in Disney before and love the conveinience of been near the park.
[/quote]

My daughter and her friend are booking into Port Orleans at Thanksgiving......its her fav Disney hotel......they are both under 25...so staying there gives them some freedom from coming everywhere with us....because they can't hire a car......