PDA

View Full Version : evening at emerald island

tyson1212
10-03-2005, 18:09
is there any entertainment in emerald island in the evenings.

LiesaAnna
10-03-2005, 18:31
The Emerald Island Clubhouse is the vibrant center of activity for the community. At 4000 square feet the Clubhouse has something for everyone including a fitness facility, sauna, meeting room for informal gatherings; computers for guest access to the internet; and plans for a sundry shop.

There is a beautiful community swimming pool and spa with a tiki hut bar for poolside drinks and snacks. Relax by the pool with a nice cool drink, take a leisurely stroll down the nature trail or challenge your family to a game of volleyball. The choice is yours.

For the younger guests, there is a children's play area adjacent to the clubhouse.

any help Tyson??????[msnwink]

Newhomebuyer
10-03-2005, 22:47
Not unless you make your own!!!

Homer
10-03-2005, 23:40
Stayed there Septemberlast year only went in 3/4 times it was as dead as a Dodo

Good thing is you can get on the internet and keep upto date on the footie!!!!

Nostromo
11-03-2005, 02:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
Not unless you make your own!!!
[/quote]

Your own what? The entertainment or the evening? Your answer does not specify this and might invite requests for clarification. [msnwink][msnwink]

steph_goodrum
11-03-2005, 05:18
Liesa
considering the other responses it looks like your reply must be from the salesmans brochure rather than experience is it?

I must admit by the time we've been out for the day we don't want to go anywhere for the evening and are quite happy to stay around the villa in the evening and collapse. (Must be getting old!)

We've been along to Melbourne Beach today and stopping at various places on the way there and back means it's been quite tiring so I'm quite happy to sit here with a cuppa and check my e-mails and catch up rather than go off somewhere else now, although Walmart is open 24/7 if we get a 2nd wind later :)

tyson1212
11-03-2005, 15:18
yes, i knew i could count on u !<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna

The Emerald Island Clubhouse is the vibrant center of activity for the community. At 4000 square feet the Clubhouse has something for everyone including a fitness facility, sauna, meeting room for informal gatherings; computers for guest access to the internet; and plans for a sundry shop.

There is a beautiful community swimming pool and spa with a tiki hut bar for poolside drinks and snacks. Relax by the pool with a nice cool drink, take a leisurely stroll down the nature trail or challenge your family to a game of volleyball. The choice is yours.

For the younger guests, there is a children's play area adjacent to the clubhouse.

any help Tyson??????[msnwink]
[/quote]

LiesaAnna
11-03-2005, 17:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Liesa
considering the other responses it looks like your reply must be from the salesmans brochure rather than experience is it?

I must admit by the time we've been out for the day we don't want to go anywhere for the evening and are quite happy to stay around the villa in the evening and collapse. (Must be getting old!)

We've been along to Melbourne Beach today and stopping at various places on the way there and back means it's been quite tiring so I'm quite happy to sit here with a cuppa and check my e-mails and catch up rather than go off somewhere else now, although Walmart is open 24/7 if we get a 2nd wind later :)

[/quote]

yes of course its from the sales page!! havent been there but it does look inviting maybe another one to try!
i agree what else do you want to do of an evening when you been doing the parks all day other then sit by the pool with a beer (plastic glass) or a nice cuppa!
we must be getting old to Steph!!!
we like to wander around walmart when we've chilled out a bit!

Bazamor
11-03-2005, 17:56
You could always watch the telly.

chrizzy100
11-03-2005, 18:49
Why do people need to be entertained on holiday.....I blame Butlins.....and Hi De HI......[}:)]

ujpest doza
14-03-2005, 16:42
Just got back from Emerald Island on sunday.

Went to the club house a couple of times, but only really to use the free internet while my daughter played in the park outside.

The clubhouse had a nice gym, video arcade, internet room and there was a bar next to the pool. I would not describe it in the same way as you would describe say a pub at home. The US does not have that sort of culture.

Do you know whether you are staying in a vill on the main estate or as i was a Town home in Phase 2 which has a seperate gate to the main estate?

A lot of people seemed to walk up to the cluster of restaurants next to the Winn Dixie at the top of Formosa Gardens, how many were from Oak Island or Formosa as opposed to Emerald island i don't know as it was quite a hike. We surprised at how many did walk, but as the weather has been quite cool it probably enticed more out of their cars than normal.

tyson1212
15-03-2005, 19:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza

Went to the club house a couple of times, but only really to use the free internet while my daughter played in the park outside.

The clubhouse had a nice gym, video arcade, internet room and there was a bar next to the pool. I would not describe it in the same way as you would describe say a pub at home. The US does not have that sort of culture.

Do you know whether you are staying in a vill on the main estate or as i was a Town home in Phase 2 which has a seperate gate to the main estate?

A lot of people seemed to walk up to the cluster of restaurants next to the Winn Dixie at the top of Formosa Gardens, how many were from Oak Island or Formosa as opposed to Emerald island i don't know as it was quite a hike. We surprised at how many did walk, but as the weather has been quite cool it probably enticed more out of their cars than normal.[/quote]
i am staying in stu scatchlers mouse house.

ujpest doza
16-03-2005, 14:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tyson1212
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza

A lot of people seemed to walk up to the cluster of restaurants next to the Winn Dixie at the top of Formosa Gardens, how many were from Oak Island or Formosa as opposed to Emerald island i don't know as it was quite a hike. We surprised at how many did walk, but as the weather has been quite cool it probably enticed more out of their cars than normal.[/quote]
i am staying in stu scatchlers mouse house.
[/quote]

If it is a Villa with Private Pool it will be on the main estate and closer to the clubhouse than we were, but further from the 192.
It is pitch black with no street lighting between Splendid China ebtrance and the entrance to the Estate where street lighting begins again. Personally would not have walked, too far.