PDA

View Full Version : What Location, what amenities?

Steve Johnson
11-02-2003, 20:59
Hi all looking to book our first Villa holiday in the fall of 2004, we are looking for all the usual stuff - close to the parks etc, but we would like to know what is the best location for a villa with local or on site amenities for keeping the kids and parents entertained in the evenings, (Being English an on site bar would be useful [:I]) Nothing too wild just somewhere we can unwind relax and meet other people. (Spending all day, every day together - you need a break!:D). We are 5 or 7 adults + 2 kids 9 and 10 years old.

Thanks in advance - any help on any subject that may help us enjoy our stay is most welcome.

Cheers Steve.[8D]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-02-2003, 02:35
Hi Steve

We do not know of a community that has a on-site bar - villas are usually on residential communities and not like a holiday complex you might find in somewhere like Spain.

Americans do not walk to the shops or restaurants everyone drives. A Florida villa holiday means that you can experience the real Floridian way of life and live the American dream for the couple of weeks that you are there. Villas tend to be on communities where there is a mix of holiday/vacation lets and residential homes. Shops and restaurants are within a few minutes drive as are the main attractions.

Hope this is of help

Sarah

esprit
12-02-2003, 03:16
I dont know anywhere with a bar on site but there is an English pub called the Stage Door at the western end of highway 192 which is near to Lindfields and the estates near the junction of 192 and 27. It is quite a famous watering hole in the area. Not sure if it is within walkable distance though, the touble is the distances are always longer than you think in the US and it can be quite dangerous as everyone drives over there and no-one expects to see pedestrians.
A communal pool is quite good for meeting other people. We have one of those. Though you all have private pools, it is a good way for kids to get to meet other kids.

neilandkay
12-02-2003, 04:51
Emerald Island were planning a tiki hut bar by the clubhouse pool. I was told that they were working on the licence etc when we were there in September, but I don't know if the bar is up and working yet.

Does anyone with a villa on EI know?

A lot of the communities have wonderful facilities from children's playareas to tennis courts to one with it's own movie theatre.

I know that Windsor Palms has a whole host of facilities and is close to Disney. I don't have experience of the other communities perhaps other owners can help here.

Each resort is different and special in its own way. If you know what features you need in a villa and resort and then what things would be nice to have, you can narrow down your choices.

--Kay

Harmony
12-02-2003, 12:58
Hi Steve,

You say that this is your first visit to Florida so my advice would be not to worry too much about the facilities around the villa. All the theme parks stay open quite late, some with wonderful parades, laserlight shows and fireworks. There are also a number of dinner shows and many restaurants, clubs and even an English pub. I would be very surprised if you found much time to much else.

You will probably find that you will appreciate a relax back at the villa after very hectic, fun filled days out. Most villas have a pool, TV's, Radio/cassette players etc and some even have Playstation's and computers for guests use.

We wish you a great vacation, which I have no doubt you will have.