PDA

View Full Version : Airline funnies

chunkichik
08-03-2005, 16:42
Here are some real in-flight announcements that have been heard or reported:

On landing the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have."

"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only four ways out of this airplane."

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Washington National, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"

From a Southwest Airlines employee: "Welcome aboard Southwest Flight XXX to YYY. To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised."

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one small child pick your favourite."

"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you or your money, more than XYZ Airlines."

"Should the cabin lose pressure, oxygen masks are in the overhead area. Please place the bag over your own mouth and nose before assisting children...or other adults acting like children."

"As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."

An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile and give them a, "Thanks for flying XYZ airline." He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment. Finally everyone had gotten off except for a little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sonny, mind if I ask you a question?" "Why no Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?" The little old lady said, "Did we land or were we shot down?"

After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the flight attendant came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Capt. Crash and the crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal."

[msnsmile2] Thought this would amuse!!!

mollymoo
08-03-2005, 16:49
They did make me chuckle, well done Anita [clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Kerry-Ann

E. Cosgrove
08-03-2005, 17:26
LoL true or not I found them very amusing!!:D:D:D

08-03-2005, 18:39
Anita you should check out the airline hummour thread...........................

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_9211.asp

hurricanesarah
08-03-2005, 19:38
Hilarious :D

daxon
08-03-2005, 19:38
Brightened up my Tuesday afternoon!!!! thank you!![clap]

Nostromo
08-03-2005, 20:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile and give them a, "Thanks for flying XYZ airline." He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment. Finally everyone had gotten off except for a little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sonny, mind if I ask you a question?" "Why no Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?" The little old lady said, "Did we land or were we shot down?"
[/quote]

A great funny collection Chunkichik, but this one takes the cake! [clap][clap][clap][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Katys Grandad
08-03-2005, 20:53
A couple of years ago I was on a Jet Blue flight JFK-RSW. After boarding, the Captain came into the passenger cabin and announced that a passenger had been allowed to bring a small pet onboard but it had escaped from its cage. He asked that the other passengers checked under their seats. Right on cue, a passenger asked what we were looking for and the captain replied, "a 4 foot snake".

Everbody just froze. The captain then said, "Right, now I have your full attention, I want you to listen to the safety instructions before take-off". I thought it was brilliant.

Ray&Sarah
08-03-2005, 21:26
These were great Anita, had a good chuckle.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
08-03-2005, 21:47
well done Anita!! we like funnies!![msnwink]

chunkichik
08-03-2005, 22:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
[/quote]

A great funny collection Chunkichik, but this one takes the cake! [clap][clap][clap][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[/quote]

My favourite too!!!!!!!!!![msnsmile2]

jolliffee
09-03-2005, 18:28
What a chuckle more please..[msnwink]

Kiddie001
09-03-2005, 19:21
Excerpt from an African newspaper......

The Standard, Kenya:
"What is all the fuss about?" Weseka Sambu asked a hastily convened news conference at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. "A technical hitch like this could have happened anywhere in the world. You people are not patriots. You just want to cause trouble."
Sambu, a spokesman for Kenya Airways, was speaking after the cancellation of a through flight from Kisumu, via Jomo Kenyatta, to Berlin: "The forty-two passengers had boarded the plane ready for take-off, when the pilot noticed one of the tyres was flat. Kenya Airways did not possess a spare tyre, and unfortunately the airport nitrogen canister was empty. A passenger suggested taking the tyre to a petrol station for inflation, but unluckily the jack had gone missing so we couldn't get the wheel off.
"Our engineers tried heroically to reinflate the tyre with a bicycle pump, but had no luck, and the pilot even blew into the valve with his mouth, but he passed out.
"When I announced that the flight had to be abandoned, one of the passengers, Mr Mutu, suddenly struck me about the face with a life-jacket whistle and said we were a national disgrace. I told him he was being ridiculous, and that there was to be another flight in a fortnight. And, in the meantime, he would be able to enjoy the scenery around Kisumu, albeit at his own expense."

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

jolliffee
09-03-2005, 20:07
You guys have me in stitches[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
09-03-2005, 20:12
Since entire saga of this Kenyan plane was due to loss of air pressure in the tyres, they should have titled the story "Gone With the Wind II"

markandpam
10-03-2005, 16:37
Oh this topic has given me such a giggle this lunchtime. I looked at the thread Mach 2 listed and ended up laughing out loud in the middle of our very quiet office, I think people thought I was mab! Its a great way to forget all about work :)

Pam.