http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Snapper/20053844551_DSC_0659.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Snapper/2005384463_DSC_0661.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Snapper/20053844615_DSC_0662.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Snapper/20053844627_DSC_0664.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Snapper/20053844639_DSC_0665.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Snapper/20053844652_DSC_0666.jpg

Snapper
08-03-2005, 08:48
I met up with Rosie and Al at Epcot tonight to watch Illuminations. I could quite happily spend the rest of my life photographing Disney fireworks and never get bored for a single minute. Hope you like them as much as we enjoyed them.

Nostromo
08-03-2005, 11:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
I could quite happily spend the rest of my life photographing Disney fireworks and never get bored for a single minute. Hope you like them as much as we enjoyed them.
[/quote]

And I could just as happily spend time watching the great photos you take. These must be among the best so far. I know how difficult it can be to catch the right moment with the illuminated globe. Well done.

LiesaAnna
08-03-2005, 11:44
very nice!! yes me too can spend many happy hours just gazing at photos especially florida photos!!!!!![msnwink]

djdigitald
08-03-2005, 12:20
Great Photo's there mate :D

janwebb
08-03-2005, 14:21
These photo's are great, don't think I've ever seen such good ones of fireworks, other than professional ones!!

eagleydo
08-03-2005, 16:37
Superb, love these pics. You must be very pleased with them. [clap][clap][clap]

LesleyB
08-03-2005, 16:43
Fantastic photos, I especially like the first one.

E. Cosgrove
08-03-2005, 17:28
Wow Steve!! Absolutely fantastic shots!!! I can almost smell the cordite!:D

chunkichik
08-03-2005, 17:51
As usual Steve, fantastic pictures, we could probably spend as long looking at your photos as you spend taking them

Always a pleasure, never a chore!!!!!!!!!![msnsmile2]

caroline
08-03-2005, 17:51
Fantastic photos Steve, really inspiring too, I'm now determined to try and get better than the dire ones I took last time[:I]

bluebirds
08-03-2005, 18:47
They are fantastic photos. It makes me really wish May would hurry up and arrive.

SG
08-03-2005, 19:51
Wow, what fantastic firework shots, you obviously live up to your name [msnwink]

It is so difficult to capture the exact moment and you have done this superbly in all the shots. Thanks for sharing.

Snapper
09-03-2005, 07:41
I took about 30 to get these 6 though Shirley. There is quite a lot of hit-and-miss with fireworks; the best approach is to get everything set-up and then just keep shooting.

I imagine I'll be posting some more before too long ...

ORLANDO_MAGIC
10-03-2005, 00:43
Fantastic...i just love your night-time photo's,they are the best i have ever seen.

Keep up the Amazing work,and be sure to post anymore you take in the future please.

John.

SG
10-03-2005, 02:24
I took about 30 to get these 6 though Shirley. There is quite a lot of hit-and-miss with fireworks; the best approach is to get everything set-up and then just keep shooting.

I imagine I'll be posting some more before too long ...
[/quote]

Did you use a tripod? I would be delighted with 6 shots like this out of 30!

Snapper
10-03-2005, 04:54
Yes I did Shirley. It is really really really ... ... really really difficult, if not impossible, to get good firework photos without a tripod.

The other thing I have is a wireless shutter release for the camera, so I can trip the shutter without touching the camera. This also helps stop and wiggling and blurring. You probably wouldn't notice any minor wiggling on images this size, but when you look at the full sized jpegs the detail is amazing, and you'd see straight away if anything wasn't rock solid.

I wonder if I ask John nicely if he would upload one of the full sized jpegs onto the servers. I'll see how small I can get one first to see if it is feasible.

ORLANDO_MAGIC
11-03-2005, 01:37
Yes I did Shirley. It is really really really ... ... really really difficult, if not impossible, to get good firework photos without a tripod.

The other thing I have is a wireless shutter release for the camera, so I can trip the shutter without touching the camera. This also helps stop and wiggling and blurring. You probably wouldn't notice any minor wiggling on images this size, but when you look at the full sized jpegs the detail is amazing, and you'd see straight away if anything wasn't rock solid.

I wonder if I ask John nicely if he would upload one of the full sized jpegs onto the servers. I'll see how small I can get one first to see if it is feasible.
[/quote]

Yes i will...just send it to me and its done:D

John[8D]

Epic
11-03-2005, 19:06
you really are an amazing photographer steve.i could spend hours looking at your pics there really are great.do you have a house full of framed pics?if i was you i would have them all over they would brighten up any home[msnsmile2]

Snapper
11-03-2005, 19:33
Thanks heaps for the kind words Emma.

Believe it or not Emma I don't have too many on the walls at home. I had a quick think and I have a set of 3 black and white's that I did as part of an assessment on a photo course once and a photo of Loch Ness that isn't a particularly good photo but has some very happy memories. From what I can remember that's about it. I have a bunch of prints in binders in cupboards but not many of them framed.

That said, you've given me an idea. At least one of the photographers whose work I quite like gives away prints in exchange for small donations to charity. I try to do my bit for local charities so I'd be more than happy to do the same thing. If you want to pick your favourite photo, DM me your name and address and as soon as I'm home I will run off a print and post it over to you. Your end of the bargain is to send a small donation to the charity of your choice. I can print up to 10"x8" at quite high quality and with a 2-inch rebate this size does frame up really nice. If you want a larger print let me know and I will send you the original image on a CD so that you can send it to your photo-processor of choice.

That's also an open offer to anyone reading this.

LiesaAnna
11-03-2005, 19:55
at last Steve!! we will get to own one of your lovely pictures! question is which one do we go for?????? or all of them??? now theres a thought!![msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
11-03-2005, 21:13
Fantastic Photos Steve, the fireworks look great.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
22-03-2005, 13:06
I think they are the best pics I have seen of fireworks,well apart from mags etc! Amazing Steve! If you are over in April let me know, I think I may have a job for you :DSeriously stunning pics[msnwink]

ahagan
22-03-2005, 14:21
Great photos Steve. I love Illuminations so much and could see it many times without getting bored.

flyrr100
03-04-2005, 17:59
We were there on Friday. I think I've seen the show over 30 times now. I still get teary eyed every time.
It's where the magic really begins.

DisneyDreamer
03-04-2005, 21:20
All of your photos are absolutely amazing....[clap]