PDA

View Full Version : 10 year visa

janwebb
07-03-2005, 12:57
My hubby has just been granted a 10 year visa but his passport expires in 2008 - what happens to the visa, do we have to re-apply or is the new passport updated with the visa? [msnscared]

E. Cosgrove
07-03-2005, 13:21
As I understand it Jan I think you just carry the new passport and the old passport with the visa together, I am sure the passport office will give you the info when he renews his passport.
This may be one of the FAQ's on the embassy website page if I remember rightly.

Nostromo
07-03-2005, 13:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
As I understand it Jan I think you just carry the new passport and the old passport with the visa together, I am sure the passport office will give you the info when he renews his passport.
This may be one of the FAQ's on the embassy website page if I remember rightly.
[/quote]

You are right Liz. My mother-in-law had a 10-year US Visa when her Indian passport ran out. The Indian High Comission isued a new passport, but clipped the old one to it. To be absolutely sure, we had an endorsenet stamped at the US Embassy in London when we went there for another reason; they reassured that we did not need it, but since we were there, did it anyway for free.

Daglish
07-03-2005, 21:53
Jan

We've just got back from Orlando and just took both the old and new passports with us and completed the white visa waiver form

Had no problems at immigration.

Tracy

janwebb
08-03-2005, 14:16
Thanks for your input - i can relax again now knowing we don't have to go to the Embassy in London for at least 10 years!!!

Clare R
10-03-2005, 02:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by janwebb
My hubby has just been granted a 10 year visa but his passport expires in 2008 - what happens to the visa, do we have to re-apply or is the new passport updated with the visa? [msnscared]
[/quote]

Clare R
10-03-2005, 02:26
I was told by the US Embassy when we got our 10 year Visas that when you send in your passport to be renewed wirte and ask them not to damage the page with the Visa on, you then travel for the remaining time with your new passport and the one with the Visa.