PDA

View Full Version : what you see, what you get?

vicky600
07-03-2005, 02:20
Have been looking into a lot of villas on this site, and i must say they are very nice, but at very low prices. I am very surprised at the prices, but do not wish to sound judgemental. Are all owners on these sites legit, and is what you see really what you get??

thanks vicky

Nostromo
07-03-2005, 02:28
Every villa advertised on the OV or sister sites is verified and so you really get what you see. Moreover, you get a chance to ask the owner specific questions as necessary. In the exceedingly unlikely event of a problem, the OV admins will be on hand to check and help you out. The motto with OV forums is "Don't look a the Gift Horse in the mouth" :)

Jo
07-03-2005, 02:32
Yes , honestly we are all legit! We just offer extremely good value.

All villas on these 3 sister websites are verified by the site owner. Every 6 months we have to send them documentary proof that we do indeed own these villas.

Because you are booking direct with the owner, there is no middle man to take their profit. If you book a villa through a tour operator , the travel agent,tour operator and villa management company all take their slice and in fact the villa owner who gets most of their bookings this way gets very little of your money.That's why you'll find the villas on this site to be better equpped and maintained than those you book through tour operators.

By booking direct with the owner you do see what you are getting and get to choose the villa that suits you most. The owners are very friendly and helpful too , and can answer lots of your Florida questions.

So , now hopefully that has put your mind at rest and you can have the fun task of bagging an excellent value villa that is exactly what you are looking for.[msnsmile2]

07-03-2005, 02:32
I agree with Nostromo and they are very often even better in the flesh!

If you are comparing prices to those in Spain etc Florida villas are always much cheaper[msnwink]

KarenScott
07-03-2005, 02:34
Hi Vicky
Yes, all owners are verified on these sites and yes as you have seen our villas come with many added extras and at very good value prices too! I would suggest if you have any specific queries that you should contact the villa owner and speak/email them direct.

vicky600
07-03-2005, 02:36
thanks alot.. that has put my mind at rest. thanks!

Genie
07-03-2005, 02:43
Not only do you get excelent value for villas , but you get help to find the best deals for car hire and attraction tickets too !!

fiona
07-03-2005, 04:48
I must agree with you Vicky the prices are very reasonable in Florida compared with Europe, and the villas are usually much better equipped and of course with air-con! Having paid double the Florida rental for a tip in Spain with nylon sheets and .... I could go on but I won't!! Guess why we keep coming back to Florida!

We also offer loads of advice as we just love nattering about Florida.[msnsmile2][msncool]

Ray&Sarah
07-03-2005, 12:05
Florida villas are great value especially when you compare them to alot of other popular holiday destinations.[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
07-03-2005, 12:18
Definately cheaper than renting in Europe. 1800 pounds for a week in Majorca....hello!

Ray&Sarah
07-03-2005, 12:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Definately cheaper than renting in Europe. 1800 pounds for a week in Majorca....hello!
[/quote]

Wow thats even more expensive than I imagined CDV, Florida is definately value for money.[msnsmile2]

brizzle
07-03-2005, 12:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vicky600
Have been looking into a lot of villas on this site, and i must say they are very nice, but at very low prices. I am very surprised at the prices, but do not wish to sound judgemental. Are all owners on these sites legit, and is what you see really what you get??

thanks vicky
[/quote]

Vicky,

As a renter, not owner, from this site.
I first rented a villa from here last April, then again in November and have already booked up for this October.

The villas so far have been absolutely fantastic and I will continue to use this site for villas....
...and car hire (cheapest you'll find)
...and flights (when not using flying points).

It really is that good.

Brizzle.

Aiminghigh
07-03-2005, 16:42
Have rented villas for years-excellent value, very "honest"site.You can't fail to be impressed!

zerotone
08-03-2005, 22:31
I have just received a spam e-mail advertising a 2 bed villa in Greece for a bargain price of £748 to £1428 per week[msnoo][msnoo]. Just goes to show what a bargain villas are in Florida[msnsmile2][msnsmile2].

Jane

E. Cosgrove
09-03-2005, 01:32
We have paid $2000 for 7 nights in a house in Lake Tahoe this summer[msnoo]

Nostromo
09-03-2005, 11:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
[/quote]

Wow! That's really expensive! Can I ask how many there were in the party to make it more cost-effective (if indeed it was) that a hotel? Lake Tahoe is one of the destinations we have on our 'to do' list and any info will be useful.

E. Cosgrove
09-03-2005, 11:42
There are four of us Arun. We stayed in a luxury resort hotel when we went with the kids 10 years ago but it was part of a Virgin package and as such was good value for money. The same hotel is way beyond our budget now.
We went 3years ago with my sister and her hubby and stayed for 2 nights in a cheap and cheerful motel.
This time we want to do more hiking and explore further around the lake so decided it would be nice to put down some "roots" The house looks lovely and has it's own deck with BBQ and hot tub, inside there are all the facilities you would find in a Florida villa, so lets hope it lives up to it's expectations.
If you've nver been Tahoe is a wonderful place and quite quiet in the summer as it is really a winter resort. quote]Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

Wow! That's really expensive! Can I ask how many there were in the party to make it more cost-effective (if indeed it was) that a hotel? Lake Tahoe is one of the destinations we have on our 'to do' list and any info will be useful.
[/quote]

Ruth
09-03-2005, 14:21
How many bedrooms does it have Liz?

E. Cosgrove
09-03-2005, 20:49
Are you sitting down Ruth?........just 3!!:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
[/quote]

E. Cosgrove
09-03-2005, 20:52
I just checked the agreement, the total price is $2400[msnoo]
Rent $2000, Hotel tax $200, end of stay clean $200 TOTAL $2400[msncry]

Nostromo
09-03-2005, 21:39
[/quote]

Al right Liz, come clean. Did you win the lottery or is your husband really an Oil Sheikh in disguise?[msnwink][msnwink]

SG
09-03-2005, 21:42
It's not just Europe that is expensive. We have friends who have a four bedroomed flat in Cornwall in the UK who charge £750 for summer weeks and they are cheaper than a lot of the competition!

Ray&Sarah
09-03-2005, 21:58
We paid US$2100 for a week in a 3-bedroom town house in Annapolis last August and then had to pay extra to park the car in a multi-storey as there was no parking. The house had one small TV in the living area, one bathroom and no extras for the children, like games consols at all. And someone kept going in every day and turning the air-con right down, there was no comparison to the villas on offer from this site.[msnoo][msnsad]:)

Ruth
10-03-2005, 01:32
WOW, then it is expensive. It really just shows what good value for money our villas are;)

Are you sitting down Ruth?........just 3!!:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
[/quote]
[/quote]

E. Cosgrove
10-03-2005, 02:18
Now you know why I have to go out to work, holidays my only vice, apart from shopping that is and shopping for holidays is the best sort[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

Al right Liz, come clean. Did you win the lottery or is your husband really an Oil Sheikh in disguise?[msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]