PDA

View Full Version : road maps

dodgey memory
07-03-2005, 00:17
Does any one know of any good road maps you can buy in the uk of the Orlando area that includes the communities off the H27? Thanks

DaveL
07-03-2005, 01:05
Printed Florida road maps tend to lag about 3 years behind the actual building. So if you are looking for somewhere built recently you will be out of luck. The online maps are a little better if you can print out a few for the area you are going to.

Dave

Nostromo
07-03-2005, 02:22
If you know the correct address of the villa that you will be staying in, any of the 3 maps that Google defaults to is good. If you open the M******* one and type the address in, it gives you a red star at the location of the villa. You can then zoom in or out of the map or move it in any direction, printing out as and when necessary.

E. Cosgrove
07-03-2005, 02:30
I bought mine online at Amazon.
I have a good Rand McNally map of the Kissimmee area but it doesn't go as far as the 27. Iam sure there is another in the series that covers this area though.

Nostromo
07-03-2005, 11:12
The best Road Atlas of Orlando and vicinity by far is the one by Trakker Maps called "Orlando Area Street Atlas" (here I go again!). But it does not give specific info on the Villa communities. Bear in mind that the owner of the villa you choose will give you specific driving directions from the airport and then the forum colleagues can advice on the best routes to get from the villa to the parks etc.

pieman790
07-03-2005, 14:15
They sell the Rand McNally maps in Walmart which in my opinion are great. They are covered in platic and fold up very neat. Im sure they are around the $6 mark and cover such places as Kissimmee, Orlando, etc.

dodgey memory
08-03-2005, 11:47
Thanks for the replies think it will have to be an online search a bit nearer the time! Teresa

LiesaAnna
08-03-2005, 12:13
http://www.mapsupply.com/
we bought this one from walmart and found it very helpful!! have skimmed over it and cant find any thing that shouldnt be on here, if there is am sorry![msnwink]