PDA

View Full Version : any tips for travelling with a baby{6 months}.

kc
09-02-2003, 14:04
If anyone has travelled with a baby could you please let me know how it was for you and baby.

bellaepovera
09-02-2003, 15:41
I have travelled with both my sons from Italy to Florida since they were born and i have to say the younger they are the better. As 6 month old babies dont have the urge to walk around and stay always on your lap and sleep most of the trip. You need to bring baby foods and snacks and they have a micro to heat up baby bottles so that is not a problem. When taking off and landing that is when i use to give them their bottle so there ears will pop. Try to get in the middle isle as depending how many are travelling with you they might leave you an emptry seat for the baby to lay down and sleep.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-02-2003, 21:19
Hi KC

There are lots of posts on this site regarding children and babies - check out the travelling with children section and other similar postings in the ask the experts.

There is also a search facility to check key words. Click onto "search" at the top of the screen.

First things first though, if you haven't already booked your accommodation book a villa. Our first born first went to Florida aged 5 months and we stayed in a hotel room which I have to say, was not a particularly pleasurable experience. We we all ill and the hotel was cramped and there were no facilities to steralise bottles etc.

A villa really is a home from home and much more.

If you still need advice after checking previous posts don't hesitate to post we will try to help if we can.

Above all have a great vacation.

Sarah

millie
10-02-2003, 00:39
I haven't travelled to Florida with my baby but I did go to New Zealand with my little girl when she was 5 months old. Most people were horrified at the thought but it was so easy. Make sure you ask for a travel cot - book in advance - fantastic for allowing them to lie flat to sleep and also (if she is sitting up) to sit in and play with toys. I took plenty of bottles and lots of water for her to drink. The descent was the worst for her ears so I made sure she was drinking as soon as the plane started to go down.
The stewards were great for letting me heat bottles and wash up.

I'm sure it will not be as bad as you think!
:)

kc
12-02-2003, 18:39
Thank you everyone who replyed back to my message .kc