PDA

View Full Version : Easter Bunnies!

imported_n/a
15-02-2002, 01:40
If you are over at Easter, the US seem to have Easter Bunnies everywhere. Whilst not into Easter Eggs like the UK, you can find fabulous toys for the children, balloons, mugs etc and great decorations for your villa.

We told the children that the Easter Bunny visits in the US and decorated the house and bought Bunnies, Bunny jigsaws, balloons and even garden Bunnies and it was a real treat for them and they didn't even notice there wasn't much chocolate about that Easter Sunday. We will be there again this Easter and look forward to doing the same again.

steph_goodrum
15-02-2002, 02:23
Your'e as bad as me, my daughter was convinced for quite a few years that her Sylvanian families came to life and decorated their house for Christmas, with tiny lights and lit tree and miniature cards and presents etc.

steph

imported_n/a
18-09-2002, 00:58
Did the Easter thing again this year and Easter Saturday Walmarts reduced everything to half price - it was mayhem, but got great bargains for the egg hunt.

Same day went to Pennys and bought the most beautiful 2ft cuddly bunnies for half price - $10 (the kids won't sleep with anything else even until now). Went back to Pennys to collect curtains a few days later and bought similar style bunnies for $5 from $20! They are in our private room and as we land Easter Sunday next year, by some miracle the Easter Bunny will have left these for the kids knowing that we were coming!

fiona
18-09-2002, 01:11
M girls were convinced the Easter bunny came while they were asleep and were amazed at the eggs and miniature bunnies left (also cut outs of bunnies, flowers etc.) We then went of to church and learnt the real meaning of Easter.

But while they were young they thought the whole thing was magic. Even now they get upset if I don't decorate the table for them!

Fiona

bellaepovera
18-09-2002, 01:52
You can visit the Easter bunny at all major department stores and take a picture with him. I took my son when he was 3 yrs old to Florida mall and he was just amazed as he saw the EAster bunny in person for the first time.

patti pacienza

imported_n/a
18-09-2002, 02:10
Went to the Florida Mall and there he was sitting on the bench surrounded by forestry and you could sit on the bench and have your photo taken - it looked really lovely but also a bit funny - kids were dying to meet him and we did the usual "queue's a bit big, we'll pop back later" and when we did, he'd gone to lunch! Didn't know rabbits ate MacDonalds!!