PDA

View Full Version : Parking Violation

lookout
05-03-2005, 21:54
I'm not sure if this is something everyone else is already aware of or if it's specific to Celebration but last week, my in-laws got a parking ticket for parking outside the Italian in Celebration 'facing in the wrong direction'.
My father-in-law took the ticket back into the restaurant to ask why and they fell about laughing.:D
They said we should have mentioned it but in all the times we've been over there, we've never heard of the rule - obviously just been lucky!

erowlands
05-03-2005, 22:03
Some guests stasying in our home at Oak Island parked ourside on the road facing the wrong way only last month,they went to the car in the morning and had a $50 ticket on the screen so beware another way to fleece the tourists??

chrizzy100
05-03-2005, 22:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by erowlands
Some guests stasying in our home at Oak Island parked ourside on the road facing the wrong way only last month,they went to the car in the morning and had a $50 ticket on the screen so beware another way to fleece the tourists??
[/quote]

I'm sure its a country wide thing.......not just to get at the tourists.....we have to do it outside my house in MA or get a ticket......

Nostromo
05-03-2005, 22:20
Maybe the 'offender' should try telling the authorities that he/she intended to REVERSE out of the spot. They might even let them off the hook! :D:D

blott
06-03-2005, 02:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by erowlands
[/quote]That's probably more to do with your HOA rules about parking overnight in the street? Our community (and lots of others) don't allow overnight street parking. It's something we warn our guests about and also about parking with any part of the vehicle overhanging the sidewalk.

Aren't you meant to park the way the traffic is going in the UK as well or did I dream that?

John Rocke
06-03-2005, 04:26
I think the law in the UK is that you should always park your vehicle in the direction of the traffic, especially at night, and more so where there is no street lighting. I suppose it is to prevent confusion for passing motorists on roads they are not used to.

Does anybody else find it annoying when cars are parked on the wrong side of the street at night, with dipped lights on and blinding every motorist coming towards them.

jr

Cruella DeVilla
06-03-2005, 12:33
It is the same in Europe too. Our neighbour got "done" for it parked outside his house! Not enough Criminals to catch eh!

Nostromo
06-03-2005, 13:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by John Rocke
I think the law in the UK is that you should always park your vehicle in the direction of the traffic, especially at night, and more so where there is no street lighting. I suppose it is to prevent confusion for passing motorists on roads they are not used to.

Does anybody else find it annoying when cars are parked on the wrong side of the street at night, with dipped lights on and blinding every motorist coming towards them.jr
[/quote]

Very much so. I do overnight shifts at Bath or Chippenham 3 nights a month and out 'Doctor's car' has to go through narrow, twisty roads to find parking spaces close enough to the patients' houses. Working a Friday night in Bath can be a particular nightmare where taxis dropping people off often pull-up the 'wrong way' with their lights still on (though dimmed), even though this is against the rules. I think they do it so that the person who pays the driver can stand on the kerb whilst doing it rather than on the road. Bath's roads are difficult to drive and park even in daylight, and an absolute nightmare at night.

tezz7628
10-03-2005, 21:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lookout
I'm not sure if this is something everyone else is already aware of or if it's specific to Celebration but last week, my in-laws got a parking ticket for parking outside the Italian in Celebration 'facing in the wrong direction'.
[/quote]

i was going to do this, on the battery in charleston, but luckily a passer by warned me against doing it thankfully :)

Ray&Sarah
10-03-2005, 23:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lookout
My father-in-law took the ticket back into the restaurant to ask why and they fell about laughing.:D
They said we should have mentioned it but in all the times we've been over there, we've never heard of the rule - obviously just been lucky!
[/quote]

We only discovered this rule on our last trip to Florida, we parked outside our MC's house, went out for a meal with them and their son phoned to say that someone was parked the wrong way round outside their house.[msnembarrased] Fortunately we didn't get a ticket but it was the first time we had heard this rule.[msnoo][msnsmile]

Aiminghigh
11-03-2005, 00:17
We tried to pull up in a designated meter spot in Fort Myers last yr, facing the wrong way. An American motorist told us it was illegal-we'd never heard of it before!

esprit
11-03-2005, 06:54
Yep its in your driving test and its right. The police in Celebration are pretty hot on motoring offences, particularly on enforcing the 25 mile per hour speed limit and coming to a proper stop at STOP signs. So a dear night out at Antonios for them unfortunately.

amy
11-03-2005, 08:28
It is also an offence for them to do it back in the uk,but would only cost you £30 for the offence.With the current exchange rate around the same.

Its a good sign that the local Police can pay time to 'petty' things like this, it shows that there is no serious crime in the area and Orlando is a safe place to visit.

blott
11-03-2005, 16:37
Watch out too if you reverse into a parking space in a car park (like you probably would in the UK) - this is often not allowed but not everywhere has notices about it. No-one reverses into a car park space or driveway in Florida.

amy
11-03-2005, 18:26
You also have to be careful on the double parking spaces as not to drive through to the other space,(like you do in Disney,but Disney is private land)as your licence plate won't show.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Watch out too if you reverse into a parking space in a car park (like you probably would in the UK) - this is often not allowed but not everywhere has notices about it. No-one reverses into a car park space or driveway in Florida.
[/quote]