PDA

View Full Version : What do you bring back most of from Orlando

chunkichik
04-03-2005, 22:28
Our last trip we seemed to come home with about 10 really nice glasses, which survived the flight perfectly, but alas not my kids and husband, our last surviving one was broken today[msnsad]

I do go a bit mad with disney t-shirts they accomodate the larger sizes more than here

Sally D
04-03-2005, 22:30
Clothes, trainers and shoes for us.[msncool]

04-03-2005, 22:42
Clothes, trainers, handbags, shoes, all things ipod, and apple computer bits, stuff for cameras, toys, household stuff so almost anything!!!![msnscared]

Chloe
04-03-2005, 22:46
Excess weight - especially around the hips and waist!!!! Really it depends on my whims at the time, I have been known to bring Hamburger Helper back would you believe. Also, hair straightener, Jergens body lotion, Folgers coffee, but mainly clothes. Chloe

chrizzy100
04-03-2005, 22:53
Disney clothes...mostly for friends babies.....but this next time will be for our first grandchild which is due the 12th of April.......

chunkichik
04-03-2005, 23:19
arrrh Chrizzy, now theres an excuse to shop if ever I heard one!![msnwink]

TINAPETERS
05-03-2005, 00:06
Good memories and photographs I have taken.
Always buy clothes, trainers and disney stuff.

WR1
05-03-2005, 00:13
I voted "everything but the kitchen sink" but mainly clothes, trainers, and collectables (Baseball's mainly).:D:D

WR.

Cruella DeVilla
05-03-2005, 00:42
Suitcases!

chunkichik
05-03-2005, 01:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Suitcases!
[/quote]

Shame on you CDV!!!!!!!!!! I was counting as shoes for your vote!![msnwink]

Nostromo
05-03-2005, 01:04
We tend to buy a lot of clothes in America, but not necessarily in the bargain outlets. My wife has been over more often than I have (other than Orlando) and 90% of her clother are now American. I tend to buy outdoor stuff like boots, jackets, jeans etc in Orlando because they are cheaper and better quality than in the UK.

Cruella DeVilla
05-03-2005, 01:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Suitcases!
[/quote]

Shame on you CDV!!!!!!!!!! I was counting as shoes for your vote!![msnwink]
[/quote]

What do you think is in the cases[laugh][laugh][laugh]

orlandodaze
05-03-2005, 01:31
clothes, trainers, Old Navy tshirts jeans and always an extra suitcase from Walmart.

LiesaAnna
05-03-2005, 02:58
well...... clothes, trainers, as it was nearly christmas we got many many toys for daughter and 4 grandchildren, also we bought home tools for hubbys work, nic nacs from the parks! shells for my bedroom, (hanging from the ceiling types, tacky i know but i like them!)work clothes for hubby , may things!1 and of course 4 new cases!

julieanne
05-03-2005, 04:39
Anything and everything [msnwink]

<span style="color:red"> I LOVE SHOPPING ALMOST AS MUCH AS SUNBATHING & EATING!!!
:D</span id="red">

Fran19
05-03-2005, 11:30
I voted clothes/trainers. We always bring back lots of these and one year came back with 13 pairs of trainers between 5 of us! Still wearing them now!!![msnsmile2]

ORLANDO_MAGIC
05-03-2005, 13:13
For me its definitely Jeans.

I must have bought over 20 pairs in the last 4 years and in fact i still have a couple of pairs i have not even worn yet or taken the price tags off.

$12.99 for a pair of Levis just cant be beat.[8D]

John

blott
05-03-2005, 14:19
All sorts... the whole gamut from cosmetics and bath/shower stuff to cereals and bread!

dodgey memory
05-03-2005, 15:14
We bring back everything and an enormous credit card bill.[laugh]

Ray&Sarah
05-03-2005, 16:54
Clothes and Trainers, mainly for my sons, especially the older one who loves designer labels.[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
06-03-2005, 01:43
clothes and shoes for me with handbags and cosmetics a close second:D

WR1
06-03-2005, 02:19
Congratulations Chizzy!
We'll be coming home from Florida on 12th and you'll be grandma if all goes to schedule....

ORLANDO_MAGIC
06-03-2005, 03:36
Do Fantastic Memories count?:D

amy
06-03-2005, 06:06
We always bring enough Big red chewing gum and Cinnamon Altoids to last to the next trip.

Lynnes
06-03-2005, 12:35
I always bring back fabulous memories, oh and a long face, upset it is over. Mind you I immediately book my next flight so the face soon disappears.[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
06-03-2005, 12:37
Oh yeah, an empty bank account:D

Nostromo
06-03-2005, 12:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ORLANDO_MAGIC
Do Fantastic Memories count?:D
[/quote]

Oh, they count all right! The best thing is, they don't even take-up shelf space!

greenpete
06-03-2005, 14:57
Apart from all the usual trainers, jeans and gadgets not forgetting hubby's Timberland clothing! I love bringing back miniature perfumes. I used to buy the normal sizes at duty free shops, but I never got through them. Most shopping malls have perfumery shops and the ranges are fantastic. Oh, also we collect Hark Rock Cafe shot glasses from all the different places we have visited.

Anna

Ray&Sarah
07-03-2005, 01:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lynnes
I always bring back fabulous memories, oh and a long face, upset it is over. Mind you I immediately book my next flight so the face soon disappears.[msnwink]
[/quote]

Had one of those long faces yesterday with the thought of returning home. Oh well better start counting down to the next trip.[msnsmile]

Lyn
10-03-2005, 03:08
Hubby brings back car spares! I bring anything & everything that takes my fancy, when we were decorating our bathroom I bought back Shower curtain, towels, Toothbrush holder etc. I just love shopping, you can keep sunbathing just put me in a shopping mall or a Wal Mart and I am happy for hours.

domster
12-03-2005, 20:16
Gadgets, Gadgets and more Gadgets;)

DOM

trevlad
13-03-2005, 02:59
i have a running shoe fetish! dont mind the cinnamon altoids either, rest of the family hate them![msntongue]

ringwood1
16-03-2005, 01:42
We seem to bring back loads of stuff. We always come back with the large packs of Ibroprofen as they last for ages and we can always find the in the cupboard. This time we had to bring back extra suitcases to accommodate the cuddly toys, clothes, toys, towels, walkie-talkies, cd's and everything else that we brought - did I mention the make-up, bought loads of it as it is so cheap, got it for my Mum and Sister and they I am too generous, but it really was pennies.

CarolAnn
16-03-2005, 14:55
Last time we came back from Florida, ALL we had was......wait for this.......especially CDV( she might need a lie down[:O] was a pair of Tommy Hilfiger trainers for our daughter!!!! And then we only bought them because the have a T on the side( her initial )!!!
Oh...and to be fair, the keys to our new villa[msnsmile2][msnwink][msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
16-03-2005, 20:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Last time we came back from Florida, ALL we had was......wait for this.......especially CDV( she might need a lie down[:O] was a pair of Tommy Hilfiger trainers for our daughter!!!! And then we only bought them because the have a T on the side( her initial )!!!
Oh...and to be fair, the keys to our new villa[msnsmile2][msnwink][msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Sounds like you definately need to shop until you drop this time Carol. CDV has promised to leave you some stock in the shops to buy, so go nuts.[msnwink]:D

CarolAnn
17-03-2005, 19:40
Do you know what R&S I want to but.......... I think I may have lost the will to shop[:O][:O]Hope it ALL comes back when I get out there.. 12 days to go according to my count down clock[msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
17-03-2005, 20:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted <span style="color:red">I think I may have lost the will to shop</span id="red">by CarolAnn[br[/quote]

Not possible Carol, its like learning to ride a bike, once mastered never forgotten.[msnwink]:D

KJH
17-03-2005, 23:23
JETLAG[msnwink]

Solana
02-04-2005, 22:37
Anything and Everything i can!!!!
Solana[clap][clap]

02-04-2005, 23:01
You know those big tubs of Ibuprofen from Walmart - well mine have just gone out of date and they are still half full!!!!!!![msnwink]

becbecs
06-04-2005, 15:58
Fantastic memories [clap], lots of goodies [clap] and the urge to plan my next Vacation out there [clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap].
Oh and a long face as soon as we touch down in the UK :(

kitty
08-04-2005, 00:50
After our holiday last year we were at sanford waiting to fly home and got into a conversation with a guy at the bar,he told us he had a case full of tin foil as its thicker over there than here,to which i replied we have got dog treats and a pizza cutter,why we brought a pizza cutter i dont know because we dont have pizzas,but the dog did enjoy his treats after spending 2 weeks in the kennels.[drinkbeer]

DisneyDreamer
08-04-2005, 01:04
We also seem to take up a fair amount of baggage space with the plastic beakers that the kids get free in the restaurants...they insist on keeping them all as keepsakes....bless em!!![msnscared]

sheenallan
11-04-2005, 11:04
6 to 8 large tubs of folgers coffee can't get enough of the stuff,
cases usually get opened by immigration ,must look like we are bringing a bomb on board with all my husbands wires for video camera and other electrical items!!!.

kitty
11-04-2005, 14:36
Books,leaflets, pamphlets,visitors guides,coupons you name it we have a large carrier bag full,we often sit and read through them time and time again,especially the maps as i dont intend to get last next year.[msncool]

kitty
11-04-2005, 14:37
not last but lost like we did before

eagleydo
11-04-2005, 15:17
Towels (so fluffy,so cheap), trainers,jeans,lots of designer gear for the boys,Towels,kitchen gadgets and Towels(yes I am obsessed with towels)---

kitty
11-04-2005, 16:24
i like to bring back a towel from each holiday,so we have quite a collection now

Magical Dreams
14-04-2005, 02:00
Clothes for us!

And then Trainers or shoes

Along with Games and electronics!

fraser
09-06-2005, 21:29
Just love the clothes at Old Navy

kokomo
10-06-2005, 01:28
My husband and son always go to the NIKE outlet for Jeans, T.shirts and Trainers.

becbecs
10-06-2005, 13:19
Clothes for my Wife, Eldest Daughter (12) and I

Minnie Mouse cuddly toys for my youngest. Minnie is her hero
Minnie even siged one of her cuddly Minnie Toys at a Disney Breakfast last time we were there. Now it takes pride of Place in her bedroom. ORRRRRRRRRRR

CERICROWLEY
10-06-2005, 13:39
We always bring back flavoured coffee from Barnies. When ever we get guests round, there is always coffee on the brew and they ask which flavour is it this time. Also can't miss bringing home my margherita mix, its in a huge bucket and Hubby's bag had to go through twice in the scanner as they were not sure what it was. Tried everywhere to get it here not even asda's do the mix, and what I do find is a tiny 75ml bottle. That won't last long.

julieanne
14-06-2005, 17:09
My still unpacked suitcase is full of all sorts - from egg poachers to trainers!
But the things I have the most of, apart from clothes are:
lots of Liz Claiborne perfume which I can't get in the UK
jelly beans that they love at work
credit card receipts

[laugh] [laugh]

DiannaUK
14-06-2005, 17:20
Very large credit card bills [8D]

bboult
14-06-2005, 17:58
Large Debt mainly[msnwink]

We usually bring back loads of designer label clothes for the family 9 honestly only a small amount is for us!!) and golf stuff and the latest gadgets.

Bruce

sundowner
14-06-2005, 19:25
I tend to bring back the Maxwell House coffee bags - it means I dont have to mess around putting filters in the percolater and measuring out the coffee etc. Keep looking for them in this country and have not found them yet. Also I bring back the zip-lock food bags - they are much better than the ones here and keep salad etc fresh for days and days.

Obviously, as well as the above we also bring back lots of clothes, trainers (I still have 3 pairs in boxes never been worn), jewellery and the inevitable credit card receipts.

My hubby keeps pointing out to me that it still costs money to get a 'bargain'.

carrie
09-01-2007, 01:41
hi, ive really enjoyed reading all these posts and am getting really excited about my holiday, april 9th yippeee.
i just wanted to ask in ur opinion where is the best place to buy.1/ bedding and towels..2 make up.and also smartish clothes, i only ever seem to find sporty stuff, not that my sons and hubby wont be buying them of course, but i only wear trousers and blouses, and im only 5ft and size 8

thnks
carrie

Tessa Childs
09-01-2007, 02:29
On our last trip a new suitcase (£7) to accomodate all the towels we bought (£150) - not bad for 5 bathsheets, 5 hand towels, 2 large bath mats and one small one.

orlandochris
09-01-2007, 02:59
Clothes & trainers (Abercrombie & Adidas) mainly, and a few extra lbs!!

Albert the Frog
09-01-2007, 03:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by carrie
hi, ive really enjoyed reading all these posts and am getting really excited about my holiday, april 9th yippeee.
i just wanted to ask in ur opinion where is the best place to buy.1/ bedding and towels..2 make up.and also smartish clothes, i only ever seem to find sporty stuff, not that my sons and hubby wont be buying them of course, but i only wear trousers and blouses, and im only 5ft and size 8

thnks
carrie
[/quote]

Carrie - i get excited reading these posts and I'm not going for a good while-anyway I'm the other end of the size scale to you and buy all my trousers and shirts for work etc at Walmart or for me Big Dog. I know that there are many many shops that will cater for your needs-personally i'd avoid the designer places and shop where the "locals" shop-we often find that asking a friendly waitress where is the best place to shop reaps dividends and in this place of superb customer service we have yet to find one who treats us with any form of contempt-enjoy your holiday-we're hooked and i am doing everything possible to persuade my dear wife that we really do need to go again this summer![msnwink]

carrie
22-01-2007, 01:46
hi Albert have you managed to persuade your wife to go yet? we are going in 2months and 18 days and i cant wait.,
Small world a new neighbour moved in last week and i thought i know that face, he worked for BT for 28 years in london and has 'escaped to the country' now working for CAB, i couldnt believe it.
hope you get to go

thanks for the advice re shopping, my hubby shops in Big Dog too, were like little and large, i will ask some friendly locals for the best place toshop
THX

Carrie

vanessag
22-01-2007, 03:24
We always bring back an apple pie scented candle from wallmart, they are really cheap compared to the ones in the UK, the smell seems to last better than other candles we have purchased before, and the smell always reminds us of the U.S.