PDA

View Full Version : Is this good enough

marv
04-03-2005, 16:57
Hi
I have had all convictions for my husband come from scotland yard its called a National Identification Service Authentic Document. Will this be all the proof he needs to take to the embassy. Most of the offences were in the 70,s and the last conviction was 1998.
Ime a bit worried now becouse it looks like hes been really bad when you look at the document. Mostly all the offences were for abusive and threatening behaviour,a couple for theft and he was put into a detention center for three months.

dodgey memory
04-03-2005, 17:39
Hi, thats the document my husband took but if you read the imigration web site they also need the MOC for each offence. You have to apply to the courts for this one. We couldn' get one and only too the NIS document which was sufficient. I can't comment on you chances, however crimes which involved violence seem to be the one they were really interested in. Take every thing you can to prove good character now and proof that your life here is stable and you will be returning. Letter from employer, savings information, mortgage details. Good luck with your application.

marv
04-03-2005, 18:46
Thanks for that info dodgy memory.
I noticed you will be going on your holiday easter next year same as us. Ime wondering how you got a ten year passport i was told that it would be in my best interest if i didn't arrange an interview yet as we may not get a visa to cover us untill next year. i thoght that if you had convictions no matter how old you couldn,t get a ten year visa.

dodgey memory
04-03-2005, 19:00
At the interview he pointed out that we wanted to go to the states next April and on average we like to go every 18 months. I haven't heard of only being given a year visa if you have a conviction but do know that lots of yearly ones are given! He didn't have a conviction he was only bound over to keep the peace don't know if that made a difference. Teresa

marv
04-03-2005, 19:59
yes i expect that the bound over and keep the peace was the reason he may have got a 10 yr visa, he had no prosecution or conviction.

Well i think ide better make sure i hang fire on the interview as i cant see my husbangd getting a 10 yr visa.

I hope you enjoy your stay in Florida next Easter and i hope we get a visa so we can be there aswell