PDA

View Full Version : new road b/t emerald isl. & oak isl.?

jminmaine
04-03-2005, 16:28
Hi all,

We are here at Emerald Island right now in a villa we found through this site. We love it and will post a glowing trip report in a few days.

However, we noticed that a HUGE road structure is being built across Funie Stead road between Emerald Island and Oak Island Cove right over where Splendid China used to be. The supports have to be three stories high and the road itslef looks like it could be a major artery as it is VERY wide. I would be so mad if I owned at either of these properties as it looks like an overpass and highway are being built right in the middle of them. Am I wrong? Does anyone know what is going on ?

stabard
04-03-2005, 16:42
This is the Western Beltway Toll Road that runs from the I4 north of Disney (I think?). It is due for completion early 2006 and yes it is a raised highway.

Nostromo
04-03-2005, 18:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
This is the Western Beltway Toll Road that runs from the I4 north of Disney (I think?). It is due for completion early 2006 and yes it is a raised highway.
[/quote]

I have not figured out why they call some roads "beltways" when there are speed limits applicable. I thought a beltway was a road where one could belt on at unrestricted speeds!;);)

Jill
04-03-2005, 21:10
Nostromo are you a secret boy racer?

Nostromo
04-03-2005, 21:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jill
Nostromo are you a secret boy racer?
[/quote]

What secret??

tonykirsty
04-03-2005, 22:59
We were staying in Oak Island Cove last week and didn't see any evidence of this but I must say we didn't explore the fringes and those on the edges of the estate may be able to see it. If it's raised, I bet everyone will hear it, too, once it opens. That would raelly ruin the peace.

I presume this has been planned for a while and the route/implications would have been known to most people when they bought. Or am I wrong?

Tony

Susan J
06-03-2005, 15:31
In general, the plans looked okay, and shouldn't affect too many. THey are good at building these roads - for those of you who stayed at, for instance Indian Wells, when the 417 was built - you don't notice it at all now, do you?
And if it helps traffic, and decreases the jams, then that is great!
There is conservation surrounding Sunset Lakes, so we are further away, but Emerald Isles were aware of it, and I am sure the builders will have worked that into their plan and it should not affect any homes there. [ or the other estates,of course]

Bazamor
06-03-2005, 22:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jminmaine
Hi all,

We are here at Emerald Island right now in a villa we found through this site. We love it and will post a glowing trip report in a few days.

However, we noticed that a HUGE road structure is being built across Funie Stead road between Emerald Island and Oak Island Cove right over where Splendid China used to be. The supports have to be three stories high and the road itslef looks like it could be a major artery as it is VERY wide. I would be so mad if I owned at either of these properties as it looks like an overpass and highway are being built right in the middle of them. Am I wrong? Does anyone know what is going on ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[/quote]

The road in question does not go thru the middle of these communities but on the periphery of them. In my own case (i own on Emerald Island)this does not impact the pool homes or the Enclave at all, its way off. Some of the town homes where the old entrance used to be may be impacted but the vast majority will be unaffected. Except to say you will have a quick route to and from the 192/27 area which will reduce traffic on the 192 considerably.This road has been in planning for about 7 years and we were informed of it 2 years ago when buying, we were also told its route when looking to buy on Windsor Palms( it runs behind it) . I dont see it affecting too many people but it will some. As far as freeing up the 192 area its got to be a good thing hasnt it?

drew2
07-03-2005, 21:51
I'm with Bazamor on this one. We have a house in Emerald Island amd one in Indian Creek and neither will be impacted by this road - other than the benefits when it is opened. Most of Emerald Island is well away from the road and the Indian creek developers took the new road into account in the planning stage - and have screened it off and negotiated it being set into a cutting past the community.
Drew

DWP
15-03-2005, 00:50
Hi,
I own a condo at windsorpalms on Butterfly palm way looks into retention area. Does anyone know if windsorpalms will be dramatically effected by this new highway.
Regrds John

Geoff
10-05-2005, 00:54
You can see the road being dug now. We called to do a job at my friends Windsor Palms condo and although you will see it on the way up the road to the entrance I don't think you will have a problem in the development.

Mind you they have all the footpaths dug up in Windsor Palms at the moment, I don't know what they are doing?