PDA

View Full Version : Getting a rental

Jonathan
07-02-2003, 02:18
Hello everyone,

Me and a group of friends have been looking for a rental home for some time now anywhere on the east coast. The houses on this site look very nice and you seem to be open minded here. We've called countless rental agencies but as soon as we get to telling them that it's a group of college guys all bets are off. It's hardly fair that there are so many foolish college people running around wrecking our ability to plan a trip, but I understand the viewpoint of these agencies nonetheless. There are 7 of us and most of us are 19, and we hope to be able to stay in orlando. We are looking for a rental in the vicinity of May 18th to the 25th, doesn't have to be exact. If anyone here has a house they'd be willing to rent to us, I'd appreciate it very much. Thank you for your time.

Ann
07-02-2003, 02:27
HI jonathan
put in a general enquiry on the main page of this site and i am sure you will get some kind of response :D
not sure if there is an age limit on renters but i am sure someone on here will keep you right

fiona
07-02-2003, 02:31
Hi Jonathan and welcome to Orlando Villas. If you would like to fill in the form at the beginning of the site on www.orlandovillas.com anyone who is free will respond.

Sorry our villa is full at that time, but I did have 4 students in 2001 and they left my villa immaculate. It probably helped that we knew the Dad of one of them! But I am sure as you are able to correspond / talk direct with the owners of the villas it will ease minds on both sides.

Hope you have a great vacation.

dbrook
07-02-2003, 03:32
Does anybody know please if there is an age limit? We have in our terms and conditions that the leader has to be over 21, but our terms and conditions were given us by another villa owner so it may be that that is the age someone is considered responsible at.

Diane.

chris
07-02-2003, 20:52
As I understand it, it is totally at the villa owners discretion. I normally say one has to be over 25. If they need to hire a rental car it is very difficult for anyone younger than 25 to do so and I feel they would be quite isolated in my villa if they had no car.

neilandkay
07-02-2003, 21:05
We also say that someone must be over 21.

As a suggestion you could always ask for a larger than usual security deposit if you are in any way worried that the villa may not be left in good condition.

--Kay

janny
07-02-2003, 21:08
Some owners, whilst they will accommodate single sex groups sometimes ask for a larger security deposit probably because of the type of people you see on the Holiday in Ibiza type programmes who do not seem to worry about their surroundings too much.Contact with an owner directly may be the best thing for you and maybe you could suggest an older person who will stand guarantor for you if the owner feels more comfortable with this.

pbensur
05-03-2003, 20:17
We had a booking by a group of college students last fall through our management company who misrepresented themselves. Upon arrival, my property manager greeted them and to his dismay realized we now had a problem! He told them they could stay, but only if they paid a larger security deposit. They refused and he had to ask them to leave. Obviously, this resulted in great inconvenience for them and a lost booking for us! I'm sure there are owners who will be happy to accommodate your party if you are up front and honest with them, assure them you will take good care of their property and are willing to provide them with a larger security deposit. Best of luck!

WSSmith
06-03-2003, 05:52
Hi Mr/Ms Smith
John and Roger request that if you have availability that you pm the person asking for a villa. So with my moderator's hat on I have deleted your details.

It's probably better and fairer to all if a potential guest can fill in a general enquiry form and then everyone who is available gets the chance to reply and a guest can take their pick.