PDA

View Full Version : 'Watchit'

greenpete
04-03-2005, 03:17
With many villas having a TV in everyroom (well almost), for the benefit of our guests of course, do you have any favourite programmes. (We tend to watch the news and weather programmes)

Anna

orlandodaze
04-03-2005, 03:57
Hubby loves the old black and white movies and also the westerns,I confess to watching Crossing Over with John Edward, and the Country music channel,and the kids love Lucy Ball.They laugh at exactly the same things we laughed back in the 60s.Some things never change.

Nostromo
04-03-2005, 11:01
The only thing that I always want to watch no matter where in the world I'm travelling - provided that it is being screened - is Formula 1 Motor Racing.

E. Cosgrove
04-03-2005, 11:32
It's the weather for me, although when were over at new year the TV would always default to the Disney information Channel and as we weren't actually visiting Disney on this occasion it was nice to get my Disney "fix"

LesleyB
04-03-2005, 12:16
Stuart is obsessed by the weather wherever he is - the weather channel gets our vote, unless the kids hi-jack the TVs - then everything is replaced by cartoons.

Cruella DeVilla
04-03-2005, 12:38
Americas Finest: CSI, Law and Order etc

Sally D
04-03-2005, 12:49
The only thing I watch is the weather, not interested in anything else while I am away. I would happily have no TV but husband and 2 of the 3 daughters must have it.

julieanne
04-03-2005, 12:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Americas Finest: CSI, Law and Order etc
[/quote]

Me too CDV :)

And I watch the news...

Thorogoods
04-03-2005, 13:47
The only thing we tend to watch is the weather channel, I agree would happily have no TV but the kids love Disney and Nick Jr.

Jill
04-03-2005, 13:48
I am not bothered by American television there is no news but the men in my household watch the college sports avidly.

I thought the adverts here were bad enough but they make an art form out of fitting a programme round the adverts.

LiesaAnna
04-03-2005, 14:03
we tend to have the news on, but the kids tend to find a movie that pleases them! after we came home from filming some of the houses beautifully decorated for christmas one evening we found "national lampoons christmas vacation" which is my favourite,
the TV is by no way the "must have" for our holiday, i normally sink myself into a comfy chair with a book when relaxing!

also Rusty likes to watch "jerry springer"! how sad!!!

Ray&Sarah
04-03-2005, 17:04
Our TV has been on two or three times during our stay, each time to watch the weather channel and catch the "local on the 8's", then it gets switched straight off again.[msnsmile2]

greenpete
04-03-2005, 17:34
No-one voted for the Messages/Adverts[:O]are'nt they just wonderful, every few minutes sometimes[gun]

Anna

amy
04-03-2005, 17:37
I enjoy Fear-Factor, some of the thing they eat.......[:O]

chunkichik
04-03-2005, 18:15
We didnt watch the tv much, but our youngest Ross would have sat in front of the Disney channel and fox kids all day[msnscared]

Why do they have the adverts and THEN the credits? that is just too weird!

Lyn
10-03-2005, 03:13
Last year was the first time we actually switched a TV on, found a nice programme about animals, but the next day had no idea which chanel it had been on, there are so many chanels I just got totally confused[msnsad] so never watched again.

Ray&Sarah
10-03-2005, 12:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
We didnt watch the tv much, but our youngest Ross would have sat in front of the Disney channel and fox kids all day[msnscared]

Why do they have the adverts and THEN the credits? that is just too weird![/quote]

It is strange isn't it, and at the beginning of programmes they have the opening credits and then an advert break.[msnoo][msnsmile]

dodgey memory
10-03-2005, 12:56
It's news and weather for us! We always know we are in Florida when we hear Bay News 9 and the good old Doppler 9000.

greenpete
10-03-2005, 18:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik

Why do they have the adverts and THEN the credits? that is just too weird![/quote]

It is strange isn't it, and at the beginning of programmes they have the opening credits and then an advert break.[msnoo][msnsmile]
[/quote]

I never know whether I've just missed the programme or it's just starting [confused]

Anna

stabard
10-03-2005, 23:08
I only ever have the TV on to listen to CMTTV Music channel. Lee likes to watch a bit of Baseball in the evening. Other than that it only gets used as a games consol for the kids when we are busy with "villa jobs"[msnwink]

chrizzy100
10-03-2005, 23:37
We don't really watch TV in FL....thats why we only have one TV for now......if it is on its for DVDs or the news..and films we don't get at home because we don't have so many film channels at home..........

domster
12-03-2005, 20:14
Like to keep up with the news, but can't help watching the Sunday morning preacher men going at it. Praise the lord!!!!!!!!!