PDA

View Full Version : Passports

AngelaB
04-03-2005, 00:54
Sorry to be dim...again. But, do i and my family only need a passport to enter Florida, and not a visa aswell??

stabard
04-03-2005, 01:10
Brits can travel on the Visa Waiver program os you should only need you passport (make sure it is valid for 6 months after your departure date). You should only need a visa if you have special cirumstances like a criminal record/arrest.

Ray&Sarah
04-03-2005, 01:51
You will be given the visa waiver forms to fill in when you check-in at the airport or on the plane.[msnsmile]

Nostromo
04-03-2005, 10:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AngelaB
Sorry to be dim...again. But, do i and my family only need a passport to enter Florida, and not a visa aswell??
[/quote]

If there are any unusual circumstances with any family member, (eg an arrest, entry refused for other reason, citizens of a country without VWS arrangements with the US, etc) they may well require Visas. If you are all are ordinary Brits without an incriminating record between you, then all you need will be your Passports. They will give you the VWS and other documents on the plane.

Michelle
05-03-2005, 02:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
Brits can travel on the Visa Waiver program os you should only need you passport (make sure it is valid for 6 months after your departure date). You should only need a visa if you have special cirumstances like a criminal record/arrest.
[/quote]

I would just like to add a comment to your statement
<span style="color:blue">"Quote"You should only need a visa if you have special cirumstances like a criminal record/arrest"end quote"</span id="blue"> Not every one who has a a visa has a criminal record/arrest. You also have to apply for a visa if you wish to visit or stay in the USA longer than 90 days or up to 6 months in any one year, We have Visitors visa because we go to Florida a few times a year, and this allows us to visit USA and stay longer than 90 days.
The Visa Waiver program only allows visitors to stay or visit USA up to 90 days a year.

Robert5988
05-03-2005, 03:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:The Visa Waiver program only allows visitors to stay or visit USA up to 90 days a year.[/quote]

Sorry Michelle that is not correct.

The Visa Waiver allows you to stay up to 90 days on any one visit. There is no restriction on how many times in a year you may visit on the Visa Waiver Scheme.

Look at the following US Embassy website FAQ page:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/faqs/niv/faq_visafreetravel.htm#nineteen

To save you the trouble it states:

Is there a limit to the number of times I may travel to the United States visa free in any given period of time?

"There is no limit to the number of times you may travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program in any given period. There is also no minimum period of time you are required to remain outside the U.S. before reapplying for admission. However, if you are a frequent traveler to the United States you should be sure to carry with you for presentation to U.S. immigration evidence of your residence abroad to which you intend returning at the end of your visit together with evidence of funds sufficient for your support while in the United States."

I exceed 90 days every year in the USA (on several trips)and have travelled on the Visa Waiver Scheme since it was introduced.

florida4sun
05-03-2005, 12:26
Becareful with this this one as you simply cannot pop into canada, Mexico, carribean and return to the USA thinking your 90 days starts all over again. They used to overlook this, but have gotten wise to it. They will now simply continue the amount of time left on your original visa waiver. So if you are planning a longer stay than 90 days, best to get a visa as this would be cheaper than flying back to a visa waiver qualifying country.
As for multiple seperate visits then the visa waiver is fine, proving you can prove residency and dependancy in your home country.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:The Visa Waiver program only allows visitors to stay or visit USA up to 90 days a year.[/quote]

Sorry Michelle that is not correct.

The Visa Waiver allows you to stay up to 90 days on any one visit. There is no restriction on how many times in a year you may visit on the Visa Waiver Scheme.

Look at the following US Embassy website FAQ page:

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/faqs/niv/faq_visafreetravel.htm#nineteen

To save you the trouble it states:

Is there a limit to the number of times I may travel to the United States visa free in any given period of time?

"There is no limit to the number of times you may travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program in any given period. There is also no minimum period of time you are required to remain outside the U.S. before reapplying for admission. However, if you are a frequent traveler to the United States you should be sure to carry with you for presentation to U.S. immigration evidence of your residence abroad to which you intend returning at the end of your visit together with evidence of funds sufficient for your support while in the United States."

I exceed 90 days every year in the USA (on several trips)and have travelled on the Visa Waiver Scheme since it was introduced.
[/quote]