PDA

View Full Version : Queen of the Roads

greenpete
03-03-2005, 14:33
How many women on holiday drive in Florida?

LiesaAnna
03-03-2005, 15:36
i have said never, because i havent....... yet!! will also come back to this one in November as i am hoping to have a go, we'll see!!![msnwink]

Nostromo
03-03-2005, 15:37
I think there is a hint of sexism in this question. It implies that women are either worse drivers or are less confident than men. I don't think that either is true.

julieanne
03-03-2005, 15:39
I do <span style="color:red">ALL</span id="red"> the driving - and enjoy it [msnsmile2]

janwebb
03-03-2005, 16:24
Me to julieanne!!! My hubby is a wimp when it comes to driving in other countries - we went to greece last october & I did all the driving there too!

Sally D
03-03-2005, 16:30
I said never, but will have a go (maybe) in October

Jill
03-03-2005, 16:42
I have even been to Florida on my own, collected Andrew from University of Miami, (he was under 21 so hire car insurance was out) driven all round the Miami area, up to the villa and driven round central Florida all on my own without my dear husband backseat driving - absolute bliss.

Ray&Sarah
03-03-2005, 16:48
Ray usually does all the driving, so i voted if I have too but I have driven for the first time on this trip and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I imagined.[msnsmile2]

greenpete
03-03-2005, 17:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I think there is a hint of sexism in this question. It implies that women are either worse drivers or are less confident than men. I don't think that either is true.
[/quote]

Nostromo, I think I fall into the category of 'less confident then men'.[msnscared] My husband would like to me drive once in a while so that he can enjoy a drink or two. (I'm not bothered about drink)[msnwink]. My problem is the vehicles we hire ,i.e. Durango which my husband loves driving. It just seems so huge to me[msneek]. However, I have said that I will attempt to have a go 'round the block' first and take it from there.[msnwink]

Anna

Ray&Sarah
03-03-2005, 17:46
Go for it Anna, thats what I did this time, practiced around the block of our development and then ventured out onto the road.[msnsmile2]

julieanne
03-03-2005, 18:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by greenpete
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

Nostromo, I think I fall into the category of 'less confident then men'.[msnscared] My husband would like to me drive once in a while so that he can enjoy a drink or two. (I'm not bothered about drink)[msnwink]. My problem is the vehicles we hire ,i.e. Durango which my husband loves driving. <span style="color:red">It just seems so huge to me[msneek].</span id="red"> However, I have said that I will attempt to have a go 'round the block' first and take it from there.[msnwink]

Anna

[/quote]

Anna - the vehicles are big, bigger than we may drive at home but so are the roads, car parks and parking spaces [msnwink]

Give it a try I'm sure you'll be fine [msnsmile2]

julieanne
03-03-2005, 18:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
Ray usually does all the driving, so i voted if I have too but I have driven for the first time on this trip and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I imagined.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Well done Sarah [clap]
There'll be no stopping you now [msnwink] [msnwink]

greenpete
03-03-2005, 18:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
Go for it Anna, thats what I did this time, practiced around the block of our development and then ventured out onto the road.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

It sounds so easy[msnscared]. I getting nervous already! Stupid really, I have been driving for 34 years, have even driven in France but that was many years ago. It's the other drivers that worry me, you know the sort, changing lanes without signalling, cutting you up and joining the slip roads. Oh well only 7 weeks to go[msnsmile]

Anna

03-03-2005, 18:38
I do all the driving in US as I know my way around better than hubby and I get travel sick if he drives[msnwink]

julieanne
03-03-2005, 19:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
I do all the driving in US as I know my way around better than hubby and I get travel sick if he drives[msnwink]
[/quote]

Good for you Lucy :)
Another to add to our "girls driving gang" [msnwink] [msnwink] :D

Ann-Marie
03-03-2005, 19:06
I do all the driving. Love it when I know where I'm going but stress out when I don't. However, the more I do it the more experienced I get and really enjoy it.

chrizzy100
03-03-2005, 19:30
I'm bored with driving.....I did it for a living in the UK for a while....so now that my husband drives....its his turn to miss seeing all the sights......[msnsmile2]

greenpete
03-03-2005, 19:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
I'm bored with driving.....I did it for a living in the UK for a while....so now that my husband drives....[]<span style="color:red">its his turn to miss seeing all the [/] sights......[msnsmile2]</span id="red">

[/quote]

Chrizzy, you've just reminded me why I prefer to be a passenger than driver. I love looking at all the sights and noting any new shops/restaurants, well just everything really. Poor hubby has to keep his eyes peeled on the road[laugh]

Anna

Cruella DeVilla
03-03-2005, 21:51
I avoid driving but I shall make the effort next week as it's not fair on Mr CDV driving all the time! I drive on the same side of the road as the Americans everyday so that is nt the problem I don't like automatics!

jen
03-03-2005, 23:33
Was nervous to start with now we share the driving every trip.
I prefer to drive to places than driving back so try to get the keys first!

Jen:)

chunkichik
04-03-2005, 01:08
I love driving and forgot my licence last time so will definately drive this time, if i feel confident enough I expect I will drive everywhere!!! we rarely drink on holiday unless its in the villa, but might have the odd cocktail!!!!!

Dave regularly drives abroad so he will steer me in the right direction, the only thing that worries me is when turning into another road and going on the wrong side by mistake[msnscared]

chrizzy100
04-03-2005, 01:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by greenpete
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
I'm bored with driving.....I did it for a living in the UK for a while....so now that my husband drives....[]<span style="color:red">its his turn to miss seeing all the [/] sights......[msnsmile2]</span id="red">

[/quote]

Chrizzy, you've just reminded me why I prefer to be a passenger than driver. I love looking at all the sights and noting any new shops/restaurants, well just everything really. Poor hubby has to keep his eyes peeled on the road[laugh]

Anna
[/quote]

I was the only driver for ages.....and then I had to drive my husband all over the place for his work......good money mind you.....but it took away the fun of driving.......my car in the US does about 300 miles a year....

eagleydo
04-03-2005, 01:40
I love driving but when we go out together, hubby always drive, unless it is my car or he has been drinking or is ill.

KJH
04-03-2005, 02:04
This last time I was allowed to drive whenever I wanted. Really enjoyed it, much easier than being a passenger. Even the children said I was a better driver, they never said that in the UK!

Kaz