PDA

View Full Version : Best Fireworks Display

Steve and Dawn
03-03-2005, 14:02
Just wondered what was your favourite Fireworks Display?

LiesaAnna
03-03-2005, 15:34
havent been to the other parks or got round to seeing other firework displays yet, i might come back to this one in November!![msnwink] am sure i will be saying something different then???[msnwink]

Nostromo
03-03-2005, 15:35
I voted for Wishes because it comes closest to an old-fashioned fireworks display. Epcot's one is more like a laser display while Fantasmic! is really a show with fireworks involved.

Ray&Sarah
03-03-2005, 16:50
I voted Wishes too, although Epcot is definately close but have only seen that one from outside the park.[msnsmile2]

dodgey memory
03-03-2005, 17:04
Wishes is just fantastic the bit where Tinkerbell flies down from Cinderellas castle is pure magic. I have seen it twice and the second was better than the first!

greenpete
03-03-2005, 17:41
I prefer Fantasmic, although the Epcot display at Christmas was brilliant, I think Fantasmic is more memorable. I have not seen Wishes for a few years now, memory has completely faded! But all is not lost, going out in April, touring the parks with the 'oldies' so will comment further when we get back.

Anna

brizzle
03-03-2005, 21:11
Reflections (EPCOT) beats what I have seen as a 'show' but some of the Wishes fireworks beat Reflections fireworks in the Wow factor.

Brizzle.

christhear
03-03-2005, 21:22
I voted for other. I managed to see the Busch Gardens Christmas/New Years fireworks. They were absolutely fantastic and there was plenty of room in the viewing area. They were set to Music and lasted between 20 to 30 minutes. Shame they are only on about 4 times during this period. don't know if they do any for other special dates in the year - if there are it could be worth going

Nostromo
03-03-2005, 22:57
There is also a fireworks display at Sea World in summer months only. I think that it is called Red,bright & Blue Spectacular. I have never seen it myself, but heard it is good. Has anyone got comments on this display?

chunkichik
04-03-2005, 01:11
i have only seen fantasmic and epcot, prefered the fantasmic package but i am a disney nut!!

None of the disney displays are as spectacular as our bonfire night ones in St Albans, they are set off from an island in the middle of the lake with the Abbey lit up behind, they are by far the best and longest fireworks I have ever seen!!!

if nayone can make it in November, make a visit its worth it, sadly I wont be able to I will be in Florida[msnsmile2]

eagleydo
04-03-2005, 01:33
The wishes fireworks is the best. I love the way it starts with Tinkerbell, brill. Filmed it in 2002 and watch it often.

Ruth
04-03-2005, 03:38
I just love Wishes, it really is the best I have ever seen:) We did the seaworld fireworks last year and thought they were terrible, certainly not worth the wait:(

orlandodaze
04-03-2005, 04:12
I know its not on the list but we love the one in Celebration on July 4th.It really has a great feelgood athmosphere about it .

E. Cosgrove
04-03-2005, 11:35
I haven't seen wishes yet , hope to catch it at Easter.
Voted for Fantasmic.

djdigitald
04-03-2005, 14:12
I put other, as in none of the above! I have done and seen many many firework displays and to be honest the theme parks are nothing in comparison. I haven't seen the wishes one but all the other ones are more Pyro/light displays and nothing else.
I will however say the Epcot ones are a very good show spectacle and follow the music well.

Best display i have seen, Primrose Hill November 2001. What a nightmare that was trying to get into London just after September 11th with enough explosives to bring down the Houses of Parliament, 4 7.5 tonne lorry loads :D Was a Superb display though and i was pleased to be part of it [clap]

Thorogoods
04-03-2005, 14:17
Have Only seen the Wishes and Fantasmic have to say the Wishes of course.
Hoping to catch some of the other in July [8D]

mrs d smith
04-03-2005, 14:24
I've only seen Fantasmic and Epcot, Epcot was good but it has to be Fantasmic for me [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Hope to be going back soon, so i'll be able to see more[msnsmile]

Nostromo
04-03-2005, 15:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djdigitald

Best display i have seen, Primrose Hill November 2001. [clap]
[/quote]

We went to the Primrose Hill fireworks show in November a few years ago and I confess that it turned out to be such a nightmare that we swore never to go there again. Oh, the fireworks were spectacular all right, but the crowd! It was the the rowdiest, surliest and judging by some of those around us, the drunkest mob that I have ever come across. We had taken my elderly in-laws and frankly, I was scared that they might have got hurt in all that pushing and shoving. My normally stoic mother-in-law was in tears afterwards and I had to apologise to her.

The atmosphere in London does not even begin to compare with the family friendly one in Orlando. To me, it really does not matter which people like...Wishes, Fantasmic, IllumiNations etc...the atmosphere is brilliant in all of them and light years better than the nightmare on Primrose Hill.

Sally D
04-03-2005, 15:13
Where have I gone wrong[msnsad]. I haven't seen any firework displays. The first time we went in October 2002 the parks shut between 6 and 7 and then re-opened later. Last time we never went to Disney but will be going in Octobber.

djdigitald
04-03-2005, 15:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djdigitald

Best display i have seen, Primrose Hill November 2001. [clap]
[/quote]

We went to the Primrose Hill fireworks show in November a few years ago and I confess that it turned out to be such a nightmare that we swore never to go there again. Oh, the fireworks were spectacular all right, but the crowd! It was the the rowdiest, surliest and judging by some of those around us, the drunkest mob that I have ever come across. We had taken my elderly in-laws and frankly, I was scared that they might have got hurt in all that pushing and shoving. My normally stoic mother-in-law was in tears afterwards and I had to apologise to her.

The atmosphere in London does not even begin to compare with the family friendly one in Orlando. To me, it really does not matter which people like...Wishes, Fantasmic, IllumiNations etc...the atmosphere is brilliant in all of them and light years better than the nightmare on Primrose Hill.
[/quote]

That's where the differences are Nostromo, the crowds. I have to admit when we were setting up Primrose Hill we were amazed at the size of the crowds (Around 100000 there in 2001). I don't think they have been able to do it there since as Camden Council won't allow it due to it's size.
I look at fireworks from a different perspective to most people as i work with them and although the actual Fireworks used at the Thema Parks a great the actual Shows are not :D

Nostromo
04-03-2005, 15:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sally D
Where have I gone wrong[msnsad]. I haven't seen any firework displays. The first time we went in October 2002 the parks shut between 6 and 7 and then re-opened later. Last time we never went to Disney but will be going in Octobber.
[/quote]

Poor you! The various fireworks are certainly among the highlights of the park visits. October is a good month to go in and if you plan your itinerary beforehand (with some help form your forum colleagues ;)), you should be able to fit in all of them. Fantasmic & Epcot display are on all days and MK's Wishes on most days. So you should be able to see them all.

chunkichik
04-03-2005, 18:26
I didn't mention the display we saw at MK before Wishes!!!!! was it called fantasy in the sky? I would be interested to hear how much Wishes improves on this[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
04-03-2005, 18:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
I didn't mention the display we saw at MK before Wishes!!!!! was it called fantasy in the sky? I would be interested to hear how much Wishes improves on this[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Yes, it used to be called "Fantasy in the Sky" and had several similar displays, including Tinkerbell's flight over Tomorrowland. But I think in its 'Wishes' guise, the show has even more spectacular fireworks displays.

domster
12-03-2005, 20:17
EPCOT for me.

DOM

TINAPETERS
14-03-2005, 22:07
Universal Studios on Millenium Eve for us

CarolAnn
17-03-2005, 22:43
I did love Wishes when we saw it in April last year[msnwink]It was new to us then so maybe it was that fact that put it at no. 1 for us? But, if you can see them all, then hey, Disney/Universal fireworks just rock!! [msnsmile2][msnwink][msnsmile2]

amy
19-03-2005, 01:31
Love the wishes firworks but the whishes christmas display with pluto and not tinkerbell wins for us!

Solana
19-03-2005, 13:18
i have never seen wishes firework display[msncry]

LiesaAnna
19-03-2005, 13:30
well theres an exuse to go to Magic Kingdom if ever i heard one!! you must its so lovely!!

fraser
23-06-2005, 23:53
Wishes but i loved the one they had before.