PDA

View Full Version : Florida Pines

Harry and Jayne
03-03-2005, 04:14
We are staying at Florida Pines next week. Can anyone direct me from Orlando airport

Harry

blott
03-03-2005, 04:26
Surely your home owner will have provided you with driving directions before this late stage? If not, you need to contact them pronto!

LiesaAnna
03-03-2005, 11:54
we stayed there for two holidays! same villa at thorne meadow pass, its very easy to get to, especially if the owner has sent you directions, if not get the orlando airport up and go for driving directions, get onto the I4 WEST then go for turn off 55, onto the highway27, bit of a mess with roadworks, then follow the road round onto the left and a few miles along, look for calabay parc, and its the next turning on the left , what road are you staying in???
i think this is right but am sure i will be corrected if wrong!![msnwink]

Nostromo
03-03-2005, 12:03
It is fairly straightforward from Orlando International Airport (MCO), where I have assumed you'll be arriving. First off, keep a very good supply of quarters for toll booths, some of which might be unmanned. After you have loaded all the stuff and people into the car, follow the exit signs out of the car park, keeping to the red South Exit signs towards SR417. The South Exit road out of MCO eventually leads to SR417, but soon afterwards the road forks and you have to be a bit alert. You need [u]SR417-South</u>, which is actually a right turn off the road you'll be travelling (if you miss this and carry on straight, you'll end up going along SR417-North and away from your destination). Once you get on to SR417-South, the rest is easy and you keep going on and on along this road until it blends with Interstate-4 (I-4) and the latter's Exit 63. You need to follow the signs for [u]I-4 West </u> and continue till Exit 55 where you bear right, following signs for [u]US27 North</u>. Florida Pines are a few miles further along US27 North, on your left. Once you enter the community, use the owmners instructions to find the villa itself.

caroline
03-03-2005, 13:14
Nostromo's directions are great, however I would get off at exit 58 (one exit before 55)

Exit at junction 58 - (When approaching this junction, keep in the right hand lane as the turn - off “creeps up on you”) – As you exit the I4 keep to the right and go under the Champions Gate entrance, you will then go past a publix supermarket (+ other shops and restaurants) continue through the Champions Gate complex.

Turn right onto Ronald Reagan Parkway/CR54 – continue for approx 2 or 3 miles until you reach the US 27 (there is a Walgreens on the right)

Turn right onto the US 27 and continue North for approx 3/4 mile Florida Pines will be on your left just after Calabay Parc.

Harry and Jayne
03-03-2005, 16:39
Thanks everyone, that should do it

Harry

poohbear
04-03-2005, 19:07
and have a wonderful holiday......

Harry and Jayne
11-03-2005, 16:02
Currently in Florida Pines, found it easy thanks to everyones great directions, thanks
As a comment on Florida Pines itself, the villa we are staying in is very nice but I must say I have stayed in better looking communities. The main entrance is a bit grim compared to other and we found it easy to miss in the dark until we got our bearings. We just think the whole estate could do with some nicer landscaping, very bland. But what the hell, we are here aren't we!!

Harry

LiesaAnna
11-03-2005, 17:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Harry and Jayne
Currently in Florida Pines, found it easy thanks to everyones great directions, thanks
As a comment on Florida Pines itself, the villa we are staying in is very nice but I must say I have stayed in better looking communities. The main entrance is a bit grim compared to other and we found it easy to miss in the dark until we got our bearings. We just think the whole estate could do with some nicer landscaping, very bland. But what the hell, we are here aren't we!!

Harry
[/quote]

i'm afraid we're being spoilt so many nice communities and yes it is so easy to miss in the dark!! been there and done it, we stayed at thorne meadow pass where are you?

chrizzy100
11-03-2005, 18:30

Harry
[/quote]

Glad you found it OK......is Florida Pines a Resort or does a lot of locals live there.....both are different kinds of holiday....if you have a lot of locals then you get the feel of living in the USA.....which can mean that everything is not spot on like a Resort....but its nice to see the holiday and local kids play together and the locals can be very friendly.......I know ours are........and if you have any real problems with anything...a note to your owner may help them ask the HOA to look into the landscaping etc.....have a great time.....[msnsmile2]

Harry and Jayne
12-03-2005, 10:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna

Harry
[/quote]

i'm afraid we're being spoilt so many nice communities and yes it is so easy to miss in the dark!! been there and done it, we stayed at thorne meadow pass where are you?
[/quote]
We are staying at Pine Cone Drive

Harry

Harry and Jayne
12-03-2005, 10:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

Harry
[/quote]

Glad you found it OK......is Florida Pines a Resort or does a lot of locals live there.....both are different kinds of holiday....if you have a lot of locals then you get the feel of living in the USA.....which can mean that everything is not spot on like a Resort....but its nice to see the holiday and local kids play together and the locals can be very friendly.......I know ours are........and if you have any real problems with anything...a note to your owner may help them ask the HOA to look into the landscaping etc.....have a great time.....[msnsmile2]
[/quote]
We are not here on holiday so not that fussed about the facilities or condition of grass etc.
We are here for the 4th time in 12 months attempting to buy a business to qualify for an E2 visa. We have also bought a home in Poinciana and hope to close next Friday. Just hope the sale goes ok outherwise I don't know what we will do with all the stuff we have bought since arrival to furnish house!!
Yes there appears to be a lot of residents on the estate. The first night here when we pulled up outside the villa the next door neighbour had around a dozen very large Harley Davidsons parked in his drive accompanied by even larger riders!! They were obviously meeting up to head off for Daytona bike week. You wold have loved it Krizzy as I know you are a born again biker chick!!

Harry

LiesaAnna
12-03-2005, 13:02
hubby and i would have loved it to! we love Harleys!
the most we got was a Hummer parked on a drive over the road from us, we went past pine cone Drive many times!!
its a nice place at florida pines but when we're there its very quiet no one around ever! oh except one day we saw a yellow school bus park right on a corner and these tiny tots jumped off it and ran in all directions! i thought it was so dangerous as there are so many holiday places there! what if someone wasnt taking any notice of the rules about the school bus and the NO overtaking!!!!!!!!!!
anyway we liked florida pines but thought it was about time we stayed somewhere else! broadened our horizons!!!!!