PDA

View Full Version : Missing Avatar

Nostromo
02-03-2005, 13:23
I just found half an hour ago that I could not see my Avatar on my PC at work. I could see it fine at home earlier this morning and so it could be a bug in the works PC. Can the others tell me if they can still see my Avatar and if not, what I should do to get it back?

MaggieAllan
02-03-2005, 13:26
I can see it Nostromo[8D]

emm
02-03-2005, 13:45
I can see it too!

Nostromo
02-03-2005, 13:51
Thanks Maggie & Emm. So it must be a problem with my PC at work. I'll get the manager to sort it out since it could affect other more important data.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-03-2005, 13:53
Looks ok to me too Nostromo.

Lisa C
02-03-2005, 14:05
Mmmmmm I cannot see it. I even looked at a few of your other posts. All I see is a little box with a red cross in the left hand corner.

Nostromo
02-03-2005, 14:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lisa C
Mmmmmm I cannot see it. I even looked at a few of your other posts. All I see is a little box with a red cross in the left hand corner.
[/quote]

This is surprising. Maybe there is a virus or spyware or whatever going around affecting the PCs without the recent protective shields? I'll check this evening whether I'm OK at home.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-03-2005, 15:01
Your image is hosted on http://img90.exs.cx - maybe there is something that is blocking access to this site on certain PC's. I can host your Avatar on our servers which should then be ok if you like?

caroline
02-03-2005, 15:48
I can't see it either:(

Lesley S
02-03-2005, 16:37
Me neither

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-03-2005, 16:39
I've moved your Avatar over to one of our servers. Does it display for people now (you might need to click Refresh on your browser toolbar to clear your browser's cache of the page)?

Sally D
02-03-2005, 16:40
I can see it.

LiesaAnna
02-03-2005, 16:42
i can see it to [msnwink]

Lisa C
02-03-2005, 17:21
Yes I can see it again

blott
02-03-2005, 20:03
I never stopped seeing it! :)

caroline
02-03-2005, 20:19
I can see it again:)

Nostromo
02-03-2005, 21:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I've moved your Avatar over to one of our servers. Does it display for people now (you might need to click Refresh on your browser toolbar to clear your browser's cache of the page)?
[/quote]

Thanks John. Whatever you did, it worked. I can see it on the PC that I could not this morning. [beer]

E. Cosgrove
02-03-2005, 22:59
Whats more important than OV?[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
Thanks Maggie & Emm. So it must be a problem with my PC at work. I'll get the manager to sort it out since it could affect other more important data.
[/quote]

Lesley S
02-03-2005, 23:10
Yep, can see it now.

Nostromo
03-03-2005, 12:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
Whats more important than OV?[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh Liz, I meant data from GMC, BMA, MDU etc which include details of appraisal and revalidation. You know the kind of stuff I mean.

E. Cosgrove
03-03-2005, 21:28
As I thought...nothing as important as OV[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh Liz, I meant data from GMC, BMA, MDU etc which include details of appraisal and revalidation. You know the kind of stuff I mean.
[/quote]

luckylady
18-03-2005, 13:22
My avatars gone
The first avatar I had John placed it for me
I had that one for ages
Then a month ago I thought I will have a change
so I did this time on my own
I was really pleased I thought cracked it!!!
So I thought I will be clever and have a St Patrick's Avatar just for the day
No Problem hey! this is easy. This morning went to change to an Easter Bunny for the next couple of weeks
Whoop's something's gone wrong have a red cross instead of my bunny
I not as clever as I thought I was that will teach me leave well alone
I want my avatar back please I feel I have lost my identity[msncry][msncry][msncry]
Barbara

blott
18-03-2005, 16:40
The avatar you chose (or at least is in your profile) looks like a payment required one? You have to become a member of that particular site before you can use the animations I think, from what I can see?