PDA

View Full Version : My passport came out as "red" ??

Molly33
01-03-2005, 22:00
Could someone please enlighten me..........have just been to Florida and when passing through Sanford Airport having my prints and photo processed i was asked to go into the immigration office!! I sat there for the longest 20 minutes in my life, was not spoken to by anyone and 20 minutes later told i could go. When i questioned what was wrong the officer informed me my passport had come out "red" and ushered me out of the room! Does anyone know what could have been the problem?? No convictions, drugs or nothing...just a normal gal!!

Robert5988
01-03-2005, 22:42
Just a thought! could that have been "Read"? A problem reading the machine readable passport?

blott
01-03-2005, 22:48
My thoughts exactly Robert - it could have been a problem reading the <<<>>>> bit of your passport? Or perhaps you've got the passport one number before or after someone suspicious?

E. Cosgrove
01-03-2005, 23:10
Is this the first time you've used your passport for travel to the US?

steph_goodrum
01-03-2005, 23:51
It could be that it means it came up with a "red flag" or something to bring it to the attention for extra scrutiny. This could happen if someone with the same or similar name who is suspect was on the list to stop from coming into the country.