PDA

View Full Version : Sons Birthday

Doug
01-03-2005, 17:12
Think a probably know the answer to this..... But David has been brainwashed by a kid in his class.....

He has been told that as it is his 10th birthday when we are in Florida he can get in 1st no q'ing on all the rides and expect dinner in the castle.

Please help so I can either organise this;)

or show him your replies

caroline
01-03-2005, 17:25
It would be nice:) but I'm afraid not:( Sorry David!

When you go for meals etc tell them it's your sons birthday, most restaurants will make it a little more special for him!

MaggieAllan
01-03-2005, 17:30
Oh what a lovely 'kid in his class', don't you just love these 'friends' some times!

Dear David,

I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful 10th birthday in Florida, and if mum and dad can do anything to make the parks more special i know they will do their best. But you have to remember in all the thousands of people there, many are celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, weddings etc....so Mickey and friends would have a real struggle to not miss someone out, so they treat all of us, whether celebrating or not, just as magically as everyone else.

Have a lovely time

Maggie

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-03-2005, 17:47
Go to Guest Services on arriving in the park and tell them it's your son's birthday. They will give him an "It's my birthday" badge to wear and every Cast Member will wish him "Happy Birthday" all day long [msnsmile2]. We even had the ferry captain do it to Sarah over the tannoy when boarding the boat at the end of a day at the MK [msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
01-03-2005, 17:50
This is something well worth knowing John, one fo those really useful titbits to pass on to your guests. Thankyou:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Go to Guest Services on arriving in the park and tell them it's your son's birthday. They will give him an "It's my birthday" badge to wear and every Cast Member will wish him "Happy Birthday" all day long [msnsmile2]. We even had the ferry captain do it to Sarah over the tannoy when boarding the boat at the end of a day at the MK [msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Nostromo
01-03-2005, 18:11
Plan something special for his 10th Birthday like a visit to Discovery Cove or The Princess Storybook Brakfast. But whatever you do, let your son go back and thank those classmates for "giving him such a good idea" to celebrate his bithday. That would put the joke back on them and leave them wondering!

MaggieAllan
01-03-2005, 18:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
[/quote]

Great info again!!

Is there an age limit? Can you do it in your forties?[msnsmile2]

dodgey memory
01-03-2005, 18:52
It was my daughters 6th birthday when we were in Florida last. She collected her pin from guest services and was treated like royalty for the day. The entire queue at AK for the safari sang happy birthday, she could choose where to sit on rides, CM's gave her free trading pins or let her ride a ride twice with out lining up again. Everyone is on the look out for the birthday badge it was pure magic. In fact by the end of the day she took her badge off as she couldn't cope with the attention any more! Teresa

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-03-2005, 20:26
Anyone can do it [msnsmile2]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan

Is there an age limit? Can you do it in your forties?[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

LiesaAnna
01-03-2005, 23:15
wish it was my birthday when we went!! i wanna be a birthday girl in florida!!!!!!! then it means my countdown will be less!! (mines in sept)[msnwink]

Doug
02-03-2005, 13:55
thanks for your replys[msnsmile]

With a shrug David said well as long as we go to Golden Coral for breakfast - I can choose where to eat as its my birthday

Suits me:)

Ray&Sarah
02-03-2005, 17:37
Seems to have taken it well then Doug.[msnsmile2] Don't forget to get the pin though.

CarolAnn
04-03-2005, 20:45
Kids!! You can never really know what makes them happy. Can you?
Mind Golden Corral for brekkie Doug, sounds like a sensible choice to me too:) Hope you and your son have a wonderful day for his birthday!!

chunkichik
04-03-2005, 21:10
Its Daniel's 11th birthday when we go in October, the boys think we are going to Spain and not too impressed, so this will be great!!!!

David, when you go back to school make sure to take any pins etc. that you get on your birthday!!!!! If you do a show and tell type thing, you could tell all your classmates what a fantastic time you had and even show photos!!!!

Have a great birthday!!!![drinkpepsi]

Jimjam
11-03-2005, 03:44
Hi Doug,

It was my daughter's 10th birthday when we were in Florida last year, and we decided to surprise her with the dine with shamu experience in Seaworld. I think it was about £18 per adult £9 per child, in which you get a buffet dinner and whatever you want to drink. I also ordered a birthday cake, so it made it a little more special as everyone sang to her after the meal. It was lovely day, as we bumped into a member of staff who happened to see her birthday badge, he sang happy birthday to her in the middle of the park and gave her a ticket to get a free cuddly shamu and some tickets to get on rides straight away.

I think if you try the idea about going to guest services on your arrival at whichever park you decide to go they will try and make it a special day for him.

Good luck (I know its added pressure when your child's birthday is whilst you are on holiday - as you want to make it extra special !!)

We are away again for her 11th this year and are thinking about trying the Makahiki Luau at Seaworld.

Lisa

Ray&Sarah
11-03-2005, 12:27
Sounds like they made it a really special day for her Lisa, something she will always treasure.[msnsmile]

chunkichik
11-03-2005, 13:08
My husband will be 38 while we're out there as well, I wonder if he would appreciate this!!!!![msnwink]

Nostromo
11-03-2005, 14:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
My husband will be 38 while we're out there as well, I wonder if he would appreciate this!!!!![msnwink]
[/quote]

If it is his 38th Birthday, why not surprise him with the ATX if he is into that sort of thing? My wife gave me that for our anniversary last year and I thought it was a wonderful experience. The participant also gets the full VIP tour of KSC.

Ray&Sarah
11-03-2005, 21:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
[/quote]

GO for it Anita, and don't forget the pics for the forum.[msnwink]:D

lynny
24-07-2006, 17:27
My daughter will be 14 this year in Florida..she has no idea about these pins! But i shall definatly have to try and get her onen she loves attention..the little drama queen [msntongue]:)

mizzy
24-07-2006, 18:39
if you eat in a disney restaurant and your wearing a birthday badge they will bring a small muffin sized birthday cake complete with candle and they either get the entire restaurant to sing happy birthday to you or it'll be just the servers

we had a birthday whilst on holiday and during breakfast in the grand floridian the little one stood on his chair, was given a crown to wear and birthday cake then the server asked the full restaurant to sing happy birthday then later that day in tonys the servers all gathered round to sing happy birthday again

Mizzy

ALR
24-07-2006, 21:44
Must confess one of my most treasured memories is my son's face when Mickey and Minnie approached our table with a cake covered in sparklers singing. He had been in the high dependency unit (intensive care a couple of times)prior to our trip, and nothing could surpass the moment he realised they were singing to him and bringing him the cake.

ALR