PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Florida

fiona
06-02-2003, 21:43
Did you know there was a part of Florida actually called this? It's up on the Gulf Coast see http://www.forgotten-florida.com/map.htm

Since the cotton boats stopped using the Apalachicola river, time has practically stood still in beautiful Franklin County, Florida.

Unspoiled Apalachicola,St. George Island, and the other quaint sea-side fishing towns and barrier islands near the north gulf coast await you...

Visit the areas most unique Marine Specimem Aquarium on the Forgotten Coast. While you're on vacation in 'forgotten Florida', visit theThe Orman House in Historic Apalachicola historic town of Apalachicola famous for its delicious oysters. Browse the great antique shops and small boutiques. Take some time to stroll around the historical district and admire the 150 year old houses now renovated back to their former glory.
Don't leave paradise without spending some time on beautiful St. George Island which is only minutes away. You will find over 20 miles of one of the worlds finest sandy beaches. Relax in peace (no boom boxes or high rise developments here), just dolphins playing in calm waters of the gulf of Mexico.
The Franklin County coastline isBird watching is great here in paradise. Heaven for 'Birders' A great number of rare or endangered species visit the Apalachicola Estuarine system.

orlandobabe
06-02-2003, 23:12
Wasn't there something on tv about this not so long ago. I seem to remember seeing something about Franklin County.

I always feel like that when we go to the East Lake Fish Camp. I feel like I'm just waiting for Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Finn just to come out of the trees, barefoot and all ready to go fishin'.