PDA

View Full Version : JetBlue/FlyBlu

Robert5988
28-02-2005, 23:22
The latest instalment in the Jet Blue - Fly Blu saga is that they are now to be called FlyWho – they start their service from Birmingham to 3 destinations in Florida(Sanford, Fort Lauderdale, Clearwater) in late June.

Their prices are high but not the usual charter cattle truck seat spaces – min 38”pitch.

If, and I suppose it is a big ‘if’, I wonder if they will have last minute deals. At their prices, which are higher than most scheduled airlines, I can’t see them being full.

florida4sun
28-02-2005, 23:40
While living in the USA I used Fly Blu quite a lot. They always used to half the price of the seats 7 days out for Amex Business Platinum customers. I always found the service excellent, leather seats throughout too. I never had a problem getting discounted seats 7 days out, in fact I just used to leave it to amex to sort the booking out for me:)

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
The latest instalment in the Jet Blue - Fly Blu saga is that they are now to be called FlyWho – they start their service from Birmingham to 3 destinations in Florida(Sanford, Fort Lauderdale, Clearwater) in late June.

Their prices are high but not the usual charter cattle truck seat spaces – min 38”pitch.

If, and I suppose it is a big ‘if’, I wonder if they will have last minute deals. At their prices, which are higher than most scheduled airlines, I can’t see them being full.

[/quote]

Katys Grandad
01-03-2005, 00:00
I'm a bit confused with that reply Martin. Are you referring to JET BLUE within the US or is there also a Fly Blu over there? (associated with the UK version or not)

I have flown Jet Blue on a few occasions and found them to be very well run with new planes, leather seats and direct TV's in each seat back. I was once refunded $25 (which was about a third of my ticket price) for a delay of less than 30 minutes on a JFK-RSW flight.

The experience is a bit quirky but I wouldn't have any hesitation flying with them again.

Robert - seat pitch in both cabins looks pretty good but, as you say, it's not cheap. Because I have never flown from Birmingham I'm not sure what the competition is. For me the fare would have to be a fair bit cheaper to justify travelling to Birmingham.

Katys Grandad
01-03-2005, 00:15
Having taken a closer look at the Flyblue site I see that the destinations are each served on different days and the Fort Lauderdale and Clearwater services only operate 1 day each week.

Could it be that they only have the 1 aircraft?

Nostromo
01-03-2005, 00:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
Fly Blu saga is that they are now to be called FlyWho.

[/quote]

Their new name - fly who - will be only too appropriate if the would-be passengers consider the fare to be too high.

florida4sun
01-03-2005, 00:20
Sorry you are correct it was Jet Blue.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
I'm a bit confused with that reply Martin. Are you referring to JET BLUE within the US or is there also a Fly Blu over there? (associated with the UK version or not)

I have flown Jet Blue on a few occasions and found them to be very well run with new planes, leather seats and direct TV's in each seat back. I was once refunded $25 (which was about a third of my ticket price) for a delay of less than 30 minutes on a JFK-RSW flight.

The experience is a bit quirky but I wouldn't have any hesitation flying with them again.

Robert - seat pitch in both cabins looks pretty good but, as you say, it's not cheap. Because I have never flown from Birmingham I'm not sure what the competition is. For me the fare would have to be a fair bit cheaper to justify travelling to Birmingham.
[/quote]

01-03-2005, 01:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
Having taken a closer look at the Flyblue site I see that the destinations are each served on different days and the Fort Lauderdale and Clearwater services only operate 1 day each week.

Could it be that they only have the 1 aircraft?
[/quote]

I think they do only have one aircraft.

When they were going to be Flyblu it was going to be an old 767 now they are going to use a second hand Airbus[msnwink]

Robert5988
01-03-2005, 12:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Because I have never flown from Birmingham I'm not sure what the competition is. For me the fare would have to be a fair bit cheaper to justify travelling to Birmingham.[/quote]

There are some charter flights to Sanford, but as far as I am aware the only scheduled airline flying direct to America from Birmingham is Continental who fly to Newark. Their fares are not cheap though.

Obviously the major airlines have feeder routes through London, Paris Zurich etc but again not cheap.

It is a pity because Birmingham Airport has good access by road or rail.

brizzle
01-03-2005, 20:20
Are people comparing the price to Premium Economy on Virgin?
Last time I checked it was favourably priced against PE aiming, I assume, for that market.

Brizzle.

02-03-2005, 02:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
Last time I checked it was favourably priced against PE aiming, I assume, for that market.

Brizzle.

[/quote]

The Gold cabin is coming out more expensive for my dates than Virgin PE through Charter Travel[msnsmile2]

kay9jess
03-03-2005, 00:21
i`ve seen on the net that jetwho have aquired 2 airbus a310`s from singapore airways,so they should have all the goodies, as for price they are the same as we pay for virgin out of man,but with far greater seat pitch.only time will tell[msnsmile2]

brizzle
03-03-2005, 00:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

Brizzle.

[/quote]

The Gold cabin is coming out more expensive for my dates than Virgin PE through Charter Travel[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

But does Silver not equate more to PE and Gold to Upper Class?

Brizzle

Newhomebuyer
27-03-2005, 00:14
Fly who/blu are now unable to start in June 2005 and have had to accommadate their passengers with other carriers.
I am not surprised to see this venture struggling, but I am saddened.

27-03-2005, 00:23
Its just one delay after another I would give them at least 6 months up and running before even booking with them![msneek]

27-03-2005, 15:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2

Brizzle.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But does Silver not equate more to PE and Gold to Upper Class?

Brizzle
[/quote]

No[msnwink]

Doc
26-01-2006, 14:31
Flywho's website now advises that they are taking bookings again.

Flights are due to start in July 06

It will be interesting to see if this goes any further, of course to get off the ground they need support and boookings, but the track record of delays so far makes it very difficult to feel comfortable booking with them

Bazamor
26-01-2006, 16:53
I for one hope it does. Brum suits me and the gold with more legroom is half the price of Virgin PE. BUT this time i will wait to see what happens as bunches of flowers and im sorry doesnt get you to Florida.Should be Flywhen?

Macka
26-01-2006, 17:41
Only just spotted this thread, being in LeicestersHire, a Birmingham flight would be fantastic, I don't believe a scheduled company fly from Brum to Florida direct at all. The only transatlantic direct flights are either continental or Delta, can't remember now.

I'd like BA to go to Florida but I heard once that Brum int. Airport charge too much. BA don't even do internal flights to Heathrow or Gatwick.

kay9jess
26-01-2006, 20:11
phoned flywho for quote this week,very expensive £7000 FOR 10 PAX and they have only one plane a lockheed tristar,now consider that the last tristar rolled off the production line in 1985 ,it make this a very old plane indeed even with a full refit.and i for one would not like to fly on a bird that old

haras
07-03-2006, 01:43
Talking to them at the Bham N.E.C travel show, the B767 is now on again.

sundowner
09-03-2006, 19:55
I hope it 'takes off' as Bham is so easy to get to. We are flying from Manchester on an early morning flight so paying for accommodation overnight, plus 3 hours travel to get there makes it an extra days holiday before you start.

It's about time B'ham got some direct flights.