PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps

Rooster
28-02-2005, 00:58
Came across a post on another forum which mentioned that Google have a Maps site in Beta test. Maps are very clear, go down to road name level and you can drag them around with your mouse. Searches and route planning are a little hit 'n' miss at the moment but hopefully they will sort that out before going 'live'.

http://maps.google.com/

If the link doesn't work just do a search for Google Maps. [msncool]

Rooster

ctgirlscout
28-02-2005, 01:01
Cool!:)

wrpac00
28-02-2005, 01:25
That's good.

caroline
28-02-2005, 03:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rooster
Came across a post on another forum which mentioned that Google have a Maps site in Beta test. Maps are very clear, go down to road name level and you can drag them around with your mouse. Searches and route planning are a little hit 'n' miss at the moment but hopefully they will sort that out before going 'live'.

http://maps.google.com/

If the link doesn't work just do a search for Google Maps. [msncool]

Rooster

[/quote]

Thanks for the link Gary, I've been playing with this for an hour or so tonight:) Happy Holiday Planning!

Nostromo
28-02-2005, 11:05
Yes, I must admit this is excellent, as is everything with Google. They used to default to [name edited] or [name edited] maps while searching for a specific place, but I suppose they'll be using their own site in the future.

Ray&Sarah
28-02-2005, 17:04
Thanks for the link will check it out properly when we get home, or get Ray to.[msnsmile]

caz
28-02-2005, 18:31
Thanks for the link, it looks good.

Rooster
18-04-2005, 02:00
Google have now added satellite photos to their Google Maps page and you can flip between map/satellite view. On the areas I looked at you can zoom to a level which shows individual houses (albeit small). You can even scroll the photos (drag with mouse) as you can with the maps.

Rooster

Rooster
06-05-2005, 01:44
...and now the UK! (though the sat images are only high altitude at present).

Rooster