PDA

View Full Version : please! please! please! make the kids dreams.

shirlgirl
06-02-2003, 17:04
hi gang,

we are looking for a good holiday for the year 2004..
sometime in may, and we wanted to know if there were any villa owners willing to do discounted weeks for us, or do a 2weeks for the price of one. we are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids..and want to save as much money as poss, due to budget, we wanna know about cheapest car-hire.cheapest flights.we would be flying from glasgow...and the 7day pass with 2 days to waterparks and universal tickets...as we don't want to do everyday for parks etc.but would like to know of univrsal to? we would not like our tickets to expire unless we decided to come back to use them. gonna have to really shop around unless there are villa owners willing to come forward with good prices. If your out there!!!!!!!!! ideal location would be roughly 15 mins to disney!!
shouting from the rooftops here...please please please!! am i better doing it diy. thanks for your help
shirley.x.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-02-2003, 17:15
Hi Shirley

I don't think you will get many responses, but feel free to make an enquiry on our sister sites www.orlandovillas.com and www.vacation-rental-villas.com.

Most villa owners rent out at cost and provide very good value for money with the product as compared to a similarly priced hotel room. I doubt any owner can afford to rent out two weeks for the price of one, especially for a very busy month like May for bookings.

Just my thoughts...

orlandobabe
06-02-2003, 17:29
Hello Shirl
This is probably going to sound very harsh but what I think you need to know from a villa owner is the fact that our overheads are enormous. We get power bills alone that are enough to make your hair curl-without mortgage payments, management company fees, insurance, repair and renewal bills to mention just a few.

Please don't think any of us make a profit from our houses. More often is the case that we end up putting our own money into the pot. Some owners can barely afford to visit their houses once a year.

Having read what I've just said-perhaps you can understand how unfair on other guests it would be to give you a 2 week for the price of one offer-and refuse them.

May is a very popular time of year to go to Florida. It's usually dry and quite hot and you will find that owners can fill May up time and time again-so that is not a good time to look for a bargain anyway if you are on a budget. If money is going to be tight-can I politely suggest that you wait till May 2005 and really save up-so that you can all go there and enjoy yourselves without having to worry about the cost.

I'm sorry that I'm unable to offer you my villa-as we always visit in May ourselves as we love that time of year so much.

Failing that-if you can't wait till then you could lokk for the first 2 weeks in January. It is low season, the villas may be a bit cheaper then, flights usually are and the parks are much quieter.

Hope that helps

steph_goodrum
06-02-2003, 18:11
I'm sorry Shirlgirl but if you have to make a request like this then you obviously cannot afford to go to Florida next year and would be better saving up for longer as Orlandobabe suggets. Your Disney passes alone are going to cost in the region of £1000 and if you tried to write to Disney with such a request as 2 for the price of 1, you would very quickly get the response that they are running a business not a charity. Most of us homeowners have invested a large portion of our life savings in the dream of having our holiday homes and our cost are very rarely met by the income we generate through the year. When our rates are set we average out the costs through the year so if we were to give you a week free then it would mean either somebody else or most likely we would have to make up the shortfall, and wonderful though I'm sure your family are and I'm sure they will enjoy it we cannot even afford to let our own relatives go for nothing as we are in effect paying for their holiday. I'm sure if you do the maths you'll realise that the rates quoted will be more than fair - say for example £500 per week - that equates to £71 per night or approx £14 per night, per person. A single room in the Travel Inn at Gatwick cost us £52.85 for up to 4 people and for that we get 2 beds, a tv, bathroom and coffee making facilities, so when you compare what you are getting eg 3/4 bedrooms, multiple tvs, often vcr,dvd,Playstations,full kitchen and private pool plus many other extras. I'm sure you'll agree that they represent excellent value for money and nobody is making a vast profit at your expense.