PDA

View Full Version : How do you spend winter Sundays

27-02-2005, 13:19
How do you spend your winter Sundays?

Sunday is 'Family Day' for us, we spend time together when none of us are working and we do nice things together depending on the weather, go for a coffee, walk in Dunham Massey National Trust Park and chill out.

So what do you do?

rosie
27-02-2005, 13:22
I usually work Sundays which means I get a day off during the week [msnsmile]

27-02-2005, 13:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
[/quote]

Oh never mind Rosie at least the shops are quieter in the week[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
27-02-2005, 14:26
between us we only have my dad left so we spend some time with him, all of us, he seems to really like it even tho it is very noisy!!!
but generally the girls come in with the grandchildren, then after a while we go to dad, well bless him hes 82!!! very active, :)

stabard
27-02-2005, 15:50
We try and have a lzy day but this is being taken over by the boys and Rugby Training[msnoo] Oh well, Lee can deal with that and I can still be lazy[msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-02-2005, 16:39
We're much the same as you Lucy. Sunday is a family day for us and we endeavour to get out and do something every Sunday ... museum, walk in the country, visit friends and relatives, etc etc

Cruella DeVilla
27-02-2005, 17:05
We have a lazy day as nothing is open in Germany on a Sunday:(

daisy
27-02-2005, 17:51
there should be another one for DIY we seem to spend most weekends doing jobs on the house. still looks like a builders yeard half the time and we`ve lived here nearly 3 years now .when will it ever end ?

LiesaAnna
27-02-2005, 18:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
We have a lazy day as nothing is open in Germany on a Sunday:(
[/quote]

no excuses for taking a walk and taking photos then of Dusseldorf????????????????[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
27-02-2005, 19:22
ditto Rosie!!:D
If I,m not working then I do chores or be if the weather is good get out in the sunshine[msncool]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
[/quote]

Nostromo
27-02-2005, 19:27
No matter what we have planned to do, it turns out to be a lazy day in the end. Get up late, get over the hangover, attend to OV forums, moan at the news, think of excuses for not washing the car, watch a movie, keep rubbish out etc etc....... what am I saying? The day seems positively busy!

Cruella DeVilla
27-02-2005, 23:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
ditto Rosie!!:D
If I,m not working then I do chores or be if the weather is good get out in the sunshine[msncool]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
[/quote]
[/quote]

Would be a 20 mile walk though;)

chrizzy100
28-02-2005, 00:01
We do DIY.....or lets say my husband looks at the jobs to be done and then sits and watches TV.......[msnmad]

Then we watch DVDs ...a film then a few brits shows.....then we use the hot tub....if its not to cold we go to the beach.......and then for ice cream.......

rosie
28-02-2005, 00:28
Sounds like I'm missing out on a lot on a Sunday, Al works for the out of hours doctor service most weekends, as they are always short of help then, so we tend to do "weekend things" during the week, after he finishes his day job [msnsmile]

julieanne
28-02-2005, 01:00
Not a lot!!!!!

Usually pop to the shops - and collect sunday papers for my Dad on the way back. Then sit in front of the telly all day watching the footy on Sky.

Followed by an early night to prepare for a Monday morning at work!!!

caroline
28-02-2005, 03:22
Watch our son play football, visit relatives or more likely have relatives visit us, generally a 'family day' as long as Dave doesn't have to work.

resorthomerentals
28-02-2005, 03:28
Have a lazy day. Usually church in the am, then what ever we fancy. Today it was sleddng with the kids. In the evening I play indoor soccer.

Ray&Sarah
28-02-2005, 17:15
Usually go to my mums for a Sunday Roast, she cooks a mean roast dinner.:D

Fran19
28-02-2005, 18:13
I have got it SO wrong!! I seem to spend all Sunday (and Saturday as well) doing housework!
The house isn't THAT large but I think maybe I have too many people living in it!! Right, now to disown the children (and their partners) and get a few lazy Sundays in. I thought it was hard work when the children were small with all their activities and their washing (two boys and Dad's muddy football gear) and different dance outfits for my daughter and driving from here to there to get them to their activities on time but now they are bigger they seem to make as much mess and work and washing!!!! Definitely time to live on my own - preferably in Orlando!![msnsmile2

28-02-2005, 18:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fran19
I have got it SO wrong!! I seem to spend all Sunday (and Saturday as well) doing housework!
The house isn't THAT large but I think maybe I have too many people living in it!! Right, now to disown the children (and their partners) and get a few lazy Sundays in. I thought it was hard work when the children were small with all their activities and their washing (two boys and Dad's muddy football gear) and different dance outfits for my daughter and driving from here to there to get them to their activities on time but now they are bigger they seem to make as much mess and work and washing!!!! Definitely time to live on my own - preferably in Orlando!![msnsmile2
[/quote]

I hope you are not doing the grown up/older childrens housework??

My older ones all do chores and have done since they were 11 or 12, washing, ironing dusting, hoovering we all share, after all we all make the mess so why should only one tidy/clean up[msnwink]

KJH
28-02-2005, 18:55
Yesterday was spent taking son Alfie to football, am, got back defrosted, back out again at 1.30 to go to London Broncos play wakefield at rugby League.

The cold and blizzard were worth it, London beat Wakefield 78-8. Back home, sort dinner, get things ready for school have a bath.. bed about 12.30.

Most Sundays something similiar.

Kaz

Cruella DeVilla
28-02-2005, 19:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fran19
[/quote]

Get them all to chip in and hire a cleaner;)

Ruth
28-02-2005, 23:53
We usually go to Mass then have a few hours doing DIY, washing etc, have a family meal, then it is time for swimming club for the girls.

Nostromo
01-03-2005, 00:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
We usually go to Mass then have a few hours doing DIY, washing etc, have a family meal, then it is time for swimming club for the girls.
[/quote]

I have been observing the answers to this questions with some interest. Ruth is the first and so far the only Brit to have even alluded to the Church on a Sunday. It was not even an option on the question (asked by a Brit) and apart from resorthomerentals (an American) no one else mentioned the Church. As an 'outsider' (non-Christian by birth), I wondered if this reflected the general attitude in the UK?

Cruella DeVilla
01-03-2005, 01:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

I have been observing the answers to this questions with some interest. Ruth is the first and so far the only Brit to have even alluded to the Church on a Sunday. It was not even an option on the question (asked by a Brit) and apart from resorthomerentals (an American) no one else mentioned the Church. As an 'outsider' (non-Christian by birth), I wondered if this reflected the general attitude in the UK?
[/quote]

I personally think it is just a sign of the times really.

01-03-2005, 01:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

[/quote]

I did not put it as an option because its personal[msnwink]
I would not ask the question however if someone wants to share with us that they go to church thats up to them[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
01-03-2005, 11:11
Before anyone misunderstands my question, I was not being patronising but just curious. I was raised as a Hindu but am not particularly religious myself. But I have come across Christian groups complaining that fewer and fewer people went to Church on Sundays. Like CDV says, maybe it is a sign of the times.

dodgey memory
01-03-2005, 12:06
Ok I'll put my hand up, Sundays for us consist of going to church and after that trying to catch up on visiting and house hold jobs. My are fortunate that the girls all still want to come with us. Dreading the time when thay won't come with us anymore. Other than last Sunday when we were both feeling a little poorly after the night before[V]