PDA

View Full Version : ID for Park Visits

AngelaB
26-02-2005, 20:36
Just received my tickets for Disney and Universal. Excellent service by Park Tickets .com (link from this site). Just wondered about the ID thing, will we need to take photo ID everytime we visit the parks, and can someone please explain a little more about the Ticket Tag System??

Thanks

florida4sun
26-02-2005, 20:39
Ticket tag is the finger scanning as you enter, this make sure that only the original user has access to that ticket.
ID they rarely used to ask for it, I think now they will start asking. So take your driving license with you. Kids do not need ID.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AngelaB
Just received my tickets for Disney and Universal. Excellent service by Park Tickets .com (link from this site). Just wondered about the ID thing, will we need to take photo ID everytime we visit the parks, and can someone please explain a little more about the Ticket Tag System??

Thanks
[/quote]

andrewmckay5
26-02-2005, 22:08
Martin,
is ticket tag only on the new magic your way tickets; i have 3 old hopper tickets from last year that haven't been started yet, will i be finger scanned on thoses aswell?
andrew

florida4sun
26-02-2005, 22:22
I doubt it, they could possibly do it but it will only take effect fromthe time you next use them.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
Martin,
is ticket tag only on the new magic your way tickets; i have 3 old hopper tickets from last year that haven't been started yet, will i be finger scanned on thoses aswell?
andrew
[/quote]

AngelaB
26-02-2005, 23:24
I dont understand why i have to carry show ID everytime i enter the parks, does this go for every Disney park and Universal also?

Last time we went, which is a while ago, they took your photo and put that on the ticket.

florida4sun
26-02-2005, 23:59
Disney too my knowledge have never put photos on tickets. You may or may not be asked for ID, I have only ever been asked once in the last 10 years. It only takes about 30 seconds to get out a Dl and show them, so its no hassle.
They will ask for ID if the finger scanner does not work.

I dont understand why i have to carry show ID everytime i enter the parks, does this go for every Disney park and Universal also?

Last time we went, which is a while ago, they took your photo and put that on the ticket.
[/quote]

Lyn
27-02-2005, 00:11
My sister had her photo put on her tickects in 2001

florida4sun
27-02-2005, 00:32
These would be tickets bought at the gate and not from resellers by ourselves.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
My sister had her photo put on her tickects in 2001
[/quote]

AngelaB
27-02-2005, 03:33
its a hassle carry ID around. It would have to be the passports as driving license isnt the type with photo on it

florida4sun
27-02-2005, 13:26
Angela,
from your arrival date you have plenty of time to send of your DL and get it updated to the new style. This would be handy for using travellers checks too (sometimes ID is asked for).

its a hassle carry ID around. It would have to be the passports as driving license isnt the type with photo on it
[/quote]

blott
27-02-2005, 17:03
You need to carry your driving licence about with you anyway if you're driving, along with your car rental paperwork.

Lyn
28-02-2005, 19:37
Just Checked their site and it costs £19 to exchange a paper driving licence for a photo one.

AngelaB
01-03-2005, 01:46
more expense then....[msnsad]

blott
01-03-2005, 02:37
Not necessarily, just take your passport to the parks.

poohbear
01-03-2005, 02:54
i allways take our passports with us to the parks..
[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
01-03-2005, 11:07
I was just wondering, is it not better for us frequent Orlando visitors to get these new ID cards that are available in the UK? Then they can be used for ID everywhere and if an ID card is lost, it won't be as catastrophic as losing one's Passport or Driving Licence - which no longer need be carried on one's person all the time.

florida4sun
01-03-2005, 11:51
For sure, also you sometimes need photo ID to buy a drink (bar tenders will ask for ID if you 30 or less) or cash travellers checks. I always carried passports to the parks.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I was just wondering, is it not better for us frequent Orlando visitors to get these new ID cards that are available in the UK? Then they can be used for ID everywhere and if an ID card is lost, it won't be as catastrophic as losing one's Passport or Driving Licence - which no longer need be carried on one's person all the time.
[/quote]

Elaine62
01-03-2005, 13:36
will they accept a photocopy of your passport?

Elaine

Elaine62
01-03-2005, 13:38
sorry meant to ask about driver licences after reading another comment on this thread.

We both just have paper licences without photos, will we need to produce new ones to drive over in Orlando?

Elaine

Nostromo
01-03-2005, 13:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
will they accept a photocopy of your passport?

Elaine
[/quote]

I don't think so. IDs have to be originals for security purposes these days.

AngelaB
01-03-2005, 16:04
dont really fancy the idea of carrying around Passports all day , everywhere.

Nostromo
01-03-2005, 17:51
dont really fancy the idea of carrying around Passports all day , everywhere.
[/quote]

Same here. A lost passport or driving licence is too disruptive at any time, more so on a holiday. That's why I felt that a separate ID Card with photo would be handy.

Elaine62
01-03-2005, 19:10
do you think it matters who the id card is from as long as it has a photo on it?

Relatives of ours have a caravan at a Haven holiday park that we use and they always provide us with park passes which have the official logo of the park and your name and picture, do you think these would suffice?

Elaine

Nostromo
01-03-2005, 20:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
do you think it matters who the id card is from as long as it has a photo on it?
Elaine
[/quote]

I think any card with a photo and signature might be accepted as long as it does not look too dodgy. My sister-in-law brought her Store Registration card from India (this had a photo, address & her signature) and they accepted it as proof of identity everywhere including DD Pleasure Island and City Walk.

chris
02-03-2005, 23:27
When I went to get my USA tax number for buying my villa, I was asked for 2 forms of photo ID, so I showed my passport and my NUS (student) card which they accepted. I was only doing a part time course to learn how to write a website!