PDA

View Full Version : First Timer - Disney Tickets

brianthebare
05-02-2003, 21:33
Hi,

We are planning to visit in August next year. If we are staying for 2 weeks and would like to see as much of the Disney attractions as poss but do not want to go out every day (I want to soak up some of that Florida sunshine too!), what kind of pass/ticket package will be best. We have 2 children, aged 7 & 4.

Thanks,
Brian.

jen
05-02-2003, 21:41
Hi

I would suggest you purchase a 5 day Hopper pass for your visit which I'm sure you will enjoy.
Our girls are 7&4 also and can now go on most rides, even the Tower of Terror in MGM (4 year old loved it!)
This ticket will give you 5 days entrance into the main parks plus 2 visits to the water parks. All in 7 full daysof fun!
The joy of the Hopper pass is that you can go into 1 park during the day and then "hop" to another for the eveningeg Magic Kingdom and then Epcot for the fireworks!
You can also get a 7 day pass plus 4 water parks and as they never expire you'll have tickets for your return visits!
I hope this helps.
Have a wonderful time.
Jen :)

chris
05-02-2003, 22:20
I agree with Jen. You must make sure you build in 'rest' days or it will get too much for everyone. There are so many other things to do anyway.

fiona
05-02-2003, 22:36
You might want to consider doing sea world though. You can usually get a second day FOC by just getting your ticket stamped on your way out which means you don't have to spend all day, but can go back to the villa for a rest and swim!

Universal also do a 2 day ticket which they throw in another day. We used to get up early, hit the parks, leave at around lunch time, and go back for the late afternoon. You just need to check when the parks shut as once the US holidays are over they revert to early closing rather than 10, 11 or midnight.

brianthebare
05-02-2003, 23:26
Thanks kindly, Ladies, for your valuable comments. Excuse my ignorance but, is it the case then, that a 5 day pass lets you in for 5 visits, over however many days you like or does it have a start date and is valid for the next 5 inclusive days?

Thanks,
Brian.

steph_goodrum
06-02-2003, 00:20
The 5 and 7 day passes never expire so you could if you wish visit 1 day a year for 5 or 7 years and they will still be valid. the 10 day world hopper does expire 20 days after the first use so although it looks like quite good value is only any good for one trip.

I agree with Fiona about Sea World but if you go online at www.seaworld.com you can buy a "Funcard" which will give you unlimited admission until the 31st December. A 1 day pass (as Fiona said they give you a 2nd day free) cost around $48.95 + tax at the gate but the Funcard costs $49.95+tax. You print an e-ticket which you take to the gate and exchange for a photo id card. So you can do a couple of hours when you feel like it , you have to pay parking each time but makes it more relaxing. They have done them for the last 2 years so hopefully will continue. We got ours in early December for 2003 ,on the net but obviously you can't go in until 1st Jan of the year they are valid for

brianthebare
06-02-2003, 01:31
Many Thanks Steph (or is it Boo ?).

steph_goodrum
06-02-2003, 02:03
Steph's fine Brian, my nephew decided Boo from Monsters Inc. looked like me so it has sort of stuck.

brianthebare
07-02-2003, 19:20
Can I ask also, which parks do the 5 or 7 day hopper get you into exactly?

Thanks,
Brian.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
07-02-2003, 19:39
Disney's Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios, Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

brianthebare
07-02-2003, 19:46
Thanks Sarah (or John?). I take it Disney's magic kingdom is Disneyworld as we would know it.

Regards,
Brian.

orlandobabe
07-02-2003, 20:02
A bit like that.

When you go into Disney-it's absolutely huge. There's the 4 parks, the water parks and then there's all the hotels and resorts too. Not to mention Downtown Disney with it's cinema, shops,bars and restaurants.

It really is like going into another world!

steph_goodrum
07-02-2003, 21:12
the options on the 5 and 7 day park hoppers, don't have to be the water parks, you can also use them for Pleasure Island, if you have children there are a couple of nightclubs they won't be allowed into or for Disney Quest at Downtown Disney (Video games+++ ) we haven't actually been in there yet but you can design and ride your own roller coaster amongst other things. Might appeal to the teenagers in the party.

brianthebare
07-02-2003, 23:13
Many thanks to you all for this helpful info.

Ooh, I'm getting excited already and it's for next year - wait till I tell the kiddies!!!

Kind Regards,
Brian.