PDA

View Full Version : search function

chris
04-02-2003, 17:37
I just tried to do a search to answer a question I had where I was sure there'd be an answer in the villa owner section. None of the searches I did came up with ANY items from the villa owner section. Why is this and can we have this facility back as there are so many topics to wade through.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2003, 17:50
Hi Chris

Works perfectly when I just tried it. You will need to have the cookies for the owners area saved on your PC before you do the search.

fiona
04-02-2003, 18:16
I couldn't get anything on the owners section come up either!

But I have to keep coming in via the owners section, give the password and then go to all new topics, otherwise I just get the new general topics and have to do the same with the owners section. It is only 2 days since you said give it a couple of days chaps:(

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2003, 18:22
What browser and version are you using Fiona?

blott
04-02-2003, 18:34
Have to report that I too have had to log into the owners' section every time I first start off with the forum but after that, it stays logged in... until the next day.

Also experienced the same prob with the search function as I know we have topics on the things I was searching for but zilch came up! I thought it was just me until Chris mentioned it...[:I]

caroline
04-02-2003, 18:46
I had to log into the owners section about 6 times within 20 minutes today, everytime I moved out of the owners area it wouldn't let me back in without the password!

Haven't tried doing a search yet. - But I am finding everything on OV REALLY slow for the last few days or so - when I try to change topics or post a reply I usually have to click about 4 or 5 times befoe anything happens, thought it might be the laptop so I tried the kids PC and it was the same:(
Anybody else had this?

When I posted this however, went on first click[:I]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2003, 18:47
Caroline

OV is very fast from here so it might well be your connection.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2003, 18:48
When people do the searches, are you doing it and also selecting so it only searches in the owners area?

blott
04-02-2003, 19:05
I didn't as I couldn't remember which section it was in so did All Forums. But I was logged into the owners' section before and after the search...

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2003, 19:07
What happens if you are logged into the owners area and do the search limiting it to that area only Blott?

blott
04-02-2003, 19:35
Ahhh, I think we might have hit on the answer to my problem, at least. It doesn't give me the option of searching just on the owners' area as that doesn't appear on the drop down list, even though I'm currently logged into the owners' area before and after the search.

When I had searched before, I'd just selected All Forums as I had assumed that included the owners' area as it always has done so before... but apparently it doesn't and I can't select it anyway!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2003, 19:58
Right - I think I have cracked it.

If you now have the save password ticked at the top right of the screen (it does this by default) then when you next enter the password for the owners area it should save a cookie on your pc to tell it to remember the owners area password next time you visit the forums. From my tests this seems to work.

It does not normally show up to me as I am an Administrator user who has access all area anyway and does not need password cookies saved on my PC.

Blott: You are right. If you shut your browser down, start it up again, go to our forums and log into the owners area you should then be able to search the owners area too.

Let me know if there are still problems.

blott
04-02-2003, 22:11
Thanks John, it works now! :)

fiona
04-02-2003, 22:21
John, I am using Netscape and its version 7.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-02-2003, 22:39
Are you ok now too Fiona (follow the instructions in my posting above)?

fiona
05-02-2003, 03:09
Couldn't get in at all in Netscape tonight - is there a problem?

This is what it is saying:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

Could not allocate space for object 'WebStats' in database 'john' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.

//global.asa, line 72

Am now in on Explorer (cue crashing of files - I'm just waiting!) and of course I have come straight in and I am recognised as an owner!![?][:p]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-02-2003, 13:49
Should now be working again Fiona.

fiona
05-02-2003, 16:05
All ok now John, and guess what, I'm finally recognised as an owner and the blue arrows are working!!:):):):):):)

Lakul
22-04-2003, 12:57
I've been having problems using the search facility. I have been getting the following error whenever I do a search:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/forums/search.asp, line 397

:(

blott
22-04-2003, 14:06
Same for me Kerry.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-04-2003, 15:11
Works ok for me.

Can you let me know what you were trying to search for (the exact wording) so I can try and replicate it?

Lakul
22-04-2003, 15:14
I put in Late Availability . I didn't touch any of the other options.