PDA

View Full Version : Oak Island Cove

Jan789
24-02-2005, 20:11
We are staying at a villa in the Oak Island Cove Community, I was told there is a way to get to the parks w/o going on the highway. Would someone like to share how to do that.
Thanks!

Nostromo
24-02-2005, 22:49
Oak Island Cove is one of the closest villa communities to WDW. Your best bet weoud be to simply get on to the World Drive to reach all the Disney Parks. As for Sea World and the Universal parks, you are close enough to I-4 to go East. Despite what you may have heard, I-4 is still the most convenient main artery to get through to the tourist destinations north of the villa communities.

Newhomebuyer
24-02-2005, 23:15
Hi Jan
Turn right onto Funie Steed Road, left onto Formosa Drive, Right onto the 192, cross immediately into the furthest lane at the central reservation and turn first left at the next traffic lights marked Sherboth Road. This will take you to the traffic lights near Animal Kingdom Lodge turn right and follow directions from there to whichever theme park you are looking for.
Animal Kingdom is on the left hand side almost immediately.
If you want MGM or MK, I think it is quicker to go along the 192 to World Drive.

Jan789
24-02-2005, 23:29
Thanks so much! I am so glad I found this site! The last time we were there. hubby and I seriously thought about buying a villa. We have twins 11 and one daughter 15 and thought it would be to much of an undertaking at this time. But I think it is something I want to do. I am sure I will be back after my vacation to pick all of your brains!!!![msnsmile] Thanks! Jan