PDA

View Full Version : Lent - what have you given up?

dodgey memory
23-02-2005, 14:21
Since we are 2 weeks into lent it's got to be asked! I've given up biscuits, so far been very good. Tomorrow for a real challenge it's no OV all day![msnsad]

Calamity Jane
23-02-2005, 14:26
Giving up !!!!:D

LiesaAnna
23-02-2005, 15:00
good one Karen!! but how could you Theresa even think of giving up the OV forum for the day!!!!!
am not giving up anything!!!!!!![msntongue]

poohbear
23-02-2005, 15:10
me neither<span style="font-family:Andale Mono"></span id="Andale Mono"><span style="font-family:Andale Mono"></span id="Andale Mono">

Cruella DeVilla
23-02-2005, 15:30
Lent for me personally does not mean anything with not being religious but thinking about it for a mo I don't think I could give anything up, I have no will power whatsover......

LiesaAnna
23-02-2005, 15:43
well i have stopped eating what more can i do and i started that 5 weeks ago!!!! havent even had a packet of crisps in all that time have had choc in moderation!! (1 bar in a week) instead of every day!!! havent had a drink since christmas and then only had one bottle of Baileys!!!
theres nothing else to give up dont have sex and dont smoke so whats left????????????/[msnwink]

dodgey memory
23-02-2005, 15:55
Lisa your not supposed to give up everything at once you silly girl. :DTried chocolate a few times and alcohol both a failure! Try hard to be religous so I always try to give up something although the correct thinking now is not to give up but take up something worth while. Like being nice to you kids!

julieanne
23-02-2005, 16:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dodgey memory
<span style="color:red">Lisa your not supposed to give up everything at once you silly girl.</span id="red"> :DTried chocolate a few times and alcohol both a failure! Try hard to be religous so I always try to give up something although the correct thinking now is not to give up but take up something worth while. Like being nice to you kids!
[/quote]

You are when you are a member of the OV slimming club [msnwink] [msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-02-2005, 16:29
We're not giving up anything either.

mm69340
23-02-2005, 16:39
I have given things up for Lent since I was very young and I don't think I am a better person for it, so this year I decided to focus on being a better person instead of forgoing something.

Sally D
23-02-2005, 16:39
I have already given up enough things on my diet so I'm not giving up anything else.

Lisa C
23-02-2005, 18:10
Although traditionally you 'gave up' something for Lent, the definition being a time for sacrifice. This could mean giving your time helping others or giving money to charity or a hundred and one other things.

Living in rural Ireland I see the benefits of Church and Community working together and although I do not follow any particular religion I think that Lent is not what you 'don't' but what you 'do'

Anyway enough preaching for today I'm off to have a cream cake.

Nostromo
23-02-2005, 18:33
Not being Christian, I don't even know what 'Lent' means. But I have recently given up eating all creamed biscuits and so I guess it fits :).

E. Cosgrove
23-02-2005, 18:51
That was going to be my answer as well Karen.....can't see the point, lifes too short.As for giving up OV for the day DM are you giving up your sanity as well!!:D <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Calamity Jane
Giving up !!!!:D
[/quote]

ctgirlscout
23-02-2005, 19:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mm69340
I have given things up for Lent since I was very young and I don't think I am a better person for it, so this year I decided to focus on being a better person instead of forgoing something.

[/quote]

Oh, come on, Karen! With all those kids, you must already be a saint!

As I'm not Catholic, we don't do Lent. Thank goodness, because I have absolutely no will power! Would be willing to give up all this snow, though!

Jo
23-02-2005, 21:18
Trying

Ray&Sarah
23-02-2005, 21:21
I'm in the giving up "giving up" group, no will power.[msnembarrased]:D

Chloe
23-02-2005, 21:29
Not enough!! by the width of my hips and size of my waist. chloe

dodgey memory
23-02-2005, 22:39
Could be loosing it Liz but tomorrow is a OV free day. Seriously worried I know more of whats happening in every one here than my own family! Sacrifice it may be, a whole day can't be that difficult can it?

24-02-2005, 00:07
My 7 y/o goes to a Catholic school and gave up his game boy for lent, then on day three changed it to his playstation, then it was his DVD, Ah bless!!![msnsmile2]